European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

GHB in Belfast

Gazdiamond

Greenlighter
My mates ma is bad with cancer and one of the mcmillan nurses said on the sly, that if they got her a wee drop of ghb or liquid X it would ease her pain a bit more and help her get a proper nights sleep. Like literally 0.5ml per night. Hes txt me cuz he hasn't a clue who to ask or where to look lol. Does anyone know if this is easily available in Belfast or N.Ireland?

Hey there. Ghb and gbl are banned substances. No one can advise you of where to procure such items. This would be classed as sourcing. What are they being prescribed and why aren't they telling their doctor that the current pain meds they're on aren't quite cutting it. Personally I wouldn't advise Ghb or gbl because you may not know all the meds this person is on and how they could potentially have an adverse effect on this persons well being.

I would advise conducting a little more research my friend. Know what you're asking for before trying to procure it...

You can find more information on glb here

This has some good information about addiction of gbl and a lot of its side effects, good and bad and everything in-between.

Yeah, I somehow think a cancer patient would have access to morphine, benzos and every other drug and thus not need to bother with the GHB but... eh... drugz ;)

Dunno, you'd have to hear it from shambles himself but from what I hear his lovely ms shambles got little more than co-codamol when she had cancer. Sadly this was end stage cancer.
If he wishes to expand upon this that's his story to tell, not mine.

IF that person said 0.5ml, then I presume GBL. GHB is dosed in 10s of ml, and is frankly shite... ;)

Dunno, you'd have to hear it from shambles himself but from what I hear his lovely ms shambles got little more than co-codamol when she had cancer. Sadly this was end stage cancer.
If he wishes to expand upon this that's his story to tell, not mine.

Oh really? Gosh ok I take that back then.

When my dad had cancer, he was immediately placed on MST for the agonising pain.

Yeah I assumed GBL. I have litres lying around that I don't use!

Yeh, but the fact the OP has changed the title to 'GHB in Belfast' kind of suggests he hasn't got a clue what he's asking...

I would not knock anyone in such terrible circumstances going to any lengths for comfort or relief, but its disgusting for a Macmillan nurse to recommend anything like that. They are supposed to be experts on this illness and should be able to assess and care plan with the multi - disciplinary team for prescriptions if the current treatment isn't doing the trick.

I would not knock anyone in such terrible circumstances going to any lengths for comfort or relief, but its disgusting for a Macmillan nurse to recommend anything like that. They are supposed to be experts on this illness and should be able to assess and care plan with the multi - disciplinary team for prescriptions if the current treatment isn't doing the trick.

I doubt that story tbh...

So do I, but giving the OP the benefit of the doubt I still stand by the above. This is why I find it so incredulous that such a suggestion would be made

OP should tell his mate to get his shit together and find out what's really going on before consulting a bunch of druggy cunts.

I think it incredibly improbable that a Macmillan nurse would recommend GHB/GBL; I mean seriously. I've worked with them before, they're amazing people.

It's not all well and good to assume. The op hasn't responded. Speculation doesn't do anyone any good.

Given such scant information, it's hard to do anything but speculate... ;)

Then say no word. Better than assumption Imo xx

Last edited:
Hi folks, as stated in the first post, this is my friend's mother we're talking about. I know nothing about drugs, hence the reason i Googled "Drugs advice forum". Im simply trying to help a friend who is exausted sitting up all night, quite frankly waiting on his mum to die from lung cancer.

I agree with the above criticism of the Mcmillan nurse, having now read up on what exactly GBH and GBL are (I was originally calling it GBA, shows how much I know!) I fail to see how this substance can elevate the effects of late stage lung cancer!

On a side note the only pain relief she is currently prescribed is Maxitram 500 and co codamool 30/500.

Thanks for the replies folks.