• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ghb cold turkey after 1 week 24/7

rmelander

Greenlighter
Hello guys,

Swim just got out of a Ghb addiction after he was dosing 24/7 in a hole week.
Swim manage to do 500 ML ghb on a week.
After swim took his last dose on 6 ML he got home and had 20 MG Diazepam to get some sleep.
Swim woke up today and only had a little foot and hand sweat and he feeled a little empty in the head but thats all.
The quality of the Ghb was really great.

For how long can Swim dose 24/7 without getting these serious withdrawal ?
its 24 hours ago since Swim took he's last dose on 6 ML

Welcome to Bluelight. Using "SWIM" is forbidden by the rules because it offers no legal protection and makes one's posts hard to read or even incomprehensible.

As for your question, it depends on the person, and a week of around-the-clock dosing can indeed lead to withdrawal symptoms, especially if you've gone through withdrawal many times. The phenomenon is called kindling, and it's basically that following each withdrawal, one's tolerance to GABAergics increases faster and each subsequent withdrawal is harsher. Plus serious enough withdrawal can be neurotoxic, so it's not recommended to go through cold turkey WD, and try to WD as little as possible.

I would recommend dosing GHB as infrequently as possible. You may have got lucky this time, but who knows how dependent you will become next time around. GHB dependence and addiction can develop very quickly, and in that case no amount of benzodiazepines will be able to get you off painlessly. I definitely don't recommend going more than 3-4 days dosing 24/7, because otherwise you run the risk of becoming dependent. 2 weeks of 24/7 dosing is probably enough to face serious withdrawal.

Welcome to Bluelight. Using "SWIM" is forbidden by the rules because it offers no legal protection and makes one's posts hard to read or even incomprehensible.

As for your question, it depends on the person, and a week of around-the-clock dosing can indeed lead to withdrawal symptoms, especially if you've gone through withdrawal many times. The phenomenon is called kindling, and it's basically that following each withdrawal, one's tolerance to GABAergics increases faster and each subsequent withdrawal is harsher. Plus serious enough withdrawal can be neurotoxic, so it's not recommended to go through cold turkey WD, and try to WD as little as possible.

I would recommend dosing GHB as infrequently as possible. You may have got lucky this time, but who knows how dependent you will become next time around. GHB dependence and addiction can develop very quickly, and in that case no amount of benzodiazepines will be able to get you off painlessly. I definitely don't recommend going more than 3-4 days dosing 24/7, because otherwise you run the risk of becoming dependent. 2 weeks of 24/7 dosing is probably enough to face serious withdrawal.

Thanks for the quick answer,
so i should just write "i" instead of "SWIM" ?

If you're talking about yourself, then yes, just write "I". The "SWIM" thing doesn't offer any legal protection, so it's useless, and kind of stupid anyway. It's always easy to guess who the person is talking about, even if they're saying something like "my friend did this and that", it's pretty obvious they're talking about themselves. Especially if they unwittingly give somewhat personal details that they wouldn't know if they weren't the person, like "and then my friend masturbated alone for 3 hours". Anyway, I digress. Just stick to "I".

E: the kindling thing is quite real, and applies not only to GABAergics like alcohol, benzos or GHB/GBL. Seasoned opioid users who have gone through many withdrawals can go through withdrawal from using, heroin for example, for only a few days. So it's best to avoid getting into that situation. Needless to say, GHB addiction is nasty. Stick to occasional use if at all possible.

Okay thanks,

but i have been addicted to GHB before, where i was dosing 24/7 for 5 months just like i was dosing for this week.
I ordered some Phenibut and used 3 months to tap very slowly out of it without any kind of withdrawal.
So i though maybe i will get somenasty withdrawals this time after i took the last dose, specially because i hadn't sleept for 3 days and i was on amphetamine.
But if i didn't had the 20 mg Diazepam i think i would have a really nasty night.
before i took the 20 mg i was hallucinating and when i closed my eyes i heard voices and saw some kind og colours or something.

but im glad that nothing happened this time.

If you're talking about yourself, then yes, just write "I". The "SWIM" thing doesn't offer any legal protection, so it's useless, and kind of stupid anyway. It's always easy to guess who the person is talking about, even if they're saying something like "my friend did this and that", it's pretty obvious they're talking about themselves. Especially if they unwittingly give somewhat personal details that they wouldn't know if they weren't the person, like "and then my friend masturbated alone for 3 hours". Anyway, I digress. Just stick to "I".

E: the kindling thing is quite real, and applies not only to GABAergics like alcohol, benzos or GHB/GBL. Seasoned opioid users who have gone through many withdrawals can go through withdrawal from using, heroin for example, for only a few days. So it's best to avoid getting into that situation. Needless to say, GHB addiction is nasty. Stick to occasional use if at all possible.

Yea, I feel that the "kindling effect" cannot be discussed enough, because the public at-large, incuding a lot of medical doctors in the field of addiction, is generally unaware of it and are blindsided by debilitating, life-altering withdrawal, when maybe they were expecting something a little more manageable. From what I can tell, the so-called "kindling effect" applies to essentially all psychoactive drugs that I've used that are capable of producing a physical withdrawal syndrome.

I have no experience with heavy GHB use, only with reasonably heavy 1,4-butanediol use, but somewhat short-lasting, so I was fine after about 3 days of WD. As much as I've gathered from reading other people's reports, though, I came to understand that in severe cases of long-term GHB abuse, the withdrawal is so bad that not even benzos are able to relieve the symptoms, on par with very heavy alcohol withdrawal. It hasn't happened to you yet, and that's good, but who's to say it won't? Maybe not next time, or soon, but who knows, right? Better not to risk it if possible. Moderation is key to success in my opinion.

Yeah thats right but when i see the other treads here about ghb withdrawal,
nobody is near the amount of 500 ml on a week that i have been taking so i just found it really weird that i dont got these nasty withdrawals

Was that 500 ml of GHB solution in water? How pure was it? Because in the case of GBL, which is a liquid in pure form, 1 ml of that is equivalent to like 1.5 g of pure GHB salt (which is a solid when pure). How did your GHB taste? If it was salty, then it was most likely GHB salt (probably sodium) dissolved in water, in which case 1 ml of that solution is nowhere near 1 g of GHB, and even less compared to GBL. For most people, 6 ml of pure GBL would be a knock-out dose. That's also something to consider, because maybe you weren't taking that much after all.

it tasted salty and i dont know how pure it was.
im doing ghb in liquid and drinking it from a cap with 4 ml, i only had to take 4 ml to get a nice feeling

At any rate, I feel that one week of use, no matter how heavy is going to be enough to produce a withdrawal syndrome upon cessation, but that's all going to be dependent upon your definition of withdrawal. For instance, when I was in the Psych ward once, they were giving my 2mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) daily for about 18 days. When I was released, I'll admit I had a sensation of fraid nerves, if you will. At this point in my life, I was a stranger to full sedative/hypnotic withdrawal, so didn't fully understand what was going on.

My point is, you're almost guaranteed to feel "noticeably" different after ceasing use of powerful sedatives for a few days. Even if it's not physiological withdrawal per se, the return to full function and mental clarity can be frightening in and of itself for someone with severe depression/anxiety. It shouldn't require medical attention.