• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB/Booze/Benzos.

Twilight222

Bluelighter
Well,I've been stalking bluelight for years but I figured I'd attempt to start a new thread here. The history is a bit complex I suppose. I can't lie. I love a fucking mind alter. Sure trauma history, my parents didn't love me enough blah blah fuckity blah (chanelling Eminem).I live in So Cal,it's beautiful everyday. I have enough money. I have beautiful kids and a great ex-husband. I have a cool boyfriend. I have a great job. Nothing is fucking wrong. I used to love opiates. they got old. detoxed off vikes and oxy after 10 years (few years ago). Love molly but had to stop.comedown too rough. next love:GHB. didnt quite realize I would be hallucinating and psychotic from trying to.manage this one.fucking oops.should have stuck to day drinking and the occasional xanax. The ween is brutal FUCKING BRUTAL. Not sure if xanax is trading the evil. i know, Gaba A, Gaba B,but shit-at this point its all a fucking mish mash of burnt the fuck out everything receptors.
anyway any advice from the old school crew would be very fucking appreciated.
Peace
-Twighlight

combining GHB and alcohol can result in an overdose, and if you're throwing benzos into that mix then you're def off to A&E.
stay safe, never combine any of the drugs you've listed.

and sorry to hear about about your parents, but it'll probably make you a better one for your kids.
take care

Last edited:
sorry to hear about this. the moderator's advice is correct. i would say if you're trying to get off of GHB habit you could substitute with phenibut, as this should in theory bind to the same receptors and it is a lot safer. because it is not really recreational at all, for a person who is used to getting high off of GABA-drugs, you'll find it easier to control and use in substitution therapy. you can then ween off of that more easily, my guess and hope. but be careful because phenibut is also physically addictive, even tho it is not much of an enjoyabale feeling; you will still be having the same GABA addiction issue, which is serious and the worst withdrawl of them all. if you've been on this website a while then you probably know a thing or two about phenibut by now.
good luck

If you can find a doctor willing to prescribe baclofen that would be a good alternative to phenibut. Phenibut itself has a pretty steep tolerance/addiction profile. I would only use the Xanax as a last resort. And has already been said, combining the drugs you've mentioned will get you a hospital stay...if you're lucky.

LOL @ "channeling eminem". It's good to not take it all too seriously. :)

I try to not take myself too seriously. It's a challenge at times.

GHB withdrawal will be rough from what I hear; I never had the opportunity to take it long-term. Best of luck <3

I've only tried "scoop" once in my life, but I was so high of extasy (never tried to spell this) and weed that I hardly felt much, just a bit more relaxed. I've heard that it's so god darn dangerous I never tried it again. I imagine it's pleasant, but if it's also a GABA drug then I can only imagine the wd's.

Hey Guys...
Thanks fort the responses guys.I honestly don't know anymore. I think I'm a chemist and at times I do a fuck of a good job. Other times I lose days trying to get back on my game...regardless, too old, too played out .Need to find a reason to get my game on hard. I have plenty and they should be enough.I'm trying

Ya know, I did that but my God, it makes me feel REALLY awful, same with the Gabapentin. Like Horrible. background buzz yuck cant see straight headache tired wired. bad. Likely just me

Seriously, a Dr. and a baclofen rx are what you need. Failing that, taper as low as you can, order a tub of phenibut and switch to phen. Then taper the phenibut at whatever rate you can tolerate. If you start adding other gaba agents - booze, benzos etc. you are just going to end up 1. REALLY fucked up, dangerously so - forgetting things/unable to drive etc. and 2. with 2 habits. You have a g habit already - only thing that can make that worse is a habit involving another receptor system (gaba-A in this case). If you can't do dr, phen is going to be your best bet for tackling this beast, possibly f-phenibut as it's a little closer to baclofen, although not as well studied. Good luck, sorry bout the g problem ;(

Ya know, I did that but my God, it makes me feel REALLY awful, same with the Gabapentin. Like Horrible. background buzz yuck cant see straight headache tired wired. bad. Likely just me
It's not you. I have the same reaction to gabapentin if I take it during the day, but if I take my entire 900mg dose right before bed it knocks me out pretty well.

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I have access to any script but the baclofen makes me feel so odd- taking 20?too much?not enough? Talking to a doctor about G is like talking to a mechanic about childbirth. the ignorance is profound,pervasive and a fucking atrocity. And you are right about fucked up. I have NEVER had the desire to drink as I do now. Thank you. for real.

I was at the highest prescribed dose when I was on baclofen for alcohol use disorder at 80mg/day, but you have to titrate slowly up to higher doses. Baclofen can be pretty unpleasant at high doses if you're not used to it. It would make me unpleasantly dizzy and disoriented. 20mg is probably too high a dose for you ATM. Ask your doctor for advice at what rate you should titrate up.

definitely too high a starting dose for baclofen. And, sadly, you are just gonna feel kindof wired/jacked/tired/weird during this process - we are trying to keep you out of seizures. If you medicate up on anything enough to truly feel "normal" you're just going to be continuing the habit ime. let me again recommend phenibut, i find it the most forgiving/usable of these substances and easy to taper because of how long it lasts.

Thanks Cdin ,
Pretty much been an even taper - whatever the fuck that means. First 36 hrs without now. . Arms burn. Anxiety is a given. Impending doom. Know it's all in my head. Not real. Waiting to slowly change me back out. Tired of traditing g for booze For benzos for baclofen for whatever. . Hesitant to to start the phenibut because of all the shitshow stories I've heard here. I feel done trading. Been trading 20 years. And I'm so lucky. These trades could have gone far worse. I'm just ready. Disgusted.

L Theanine is my GABA induced serene since I decided that alcohol isn't really for me and got clean(ish.)

(I actually have mild allergic reactions to alcohol in amounts larger than like one standard drink since abstaining from it for several months. My body seems to not metabolize it well, it never has. I likely was having these allergy symptoms before I just didn't care because I was often [always] drunk or had just been very drunk recently and so did not give a fucking fuck)

Apparently this allergy/flushing is a form or alcohol intolerance colloquially called "asian flush" due to its frequency of occurrence in people of asian descent. Native Americans too. Something to do with accumulation of acetaldehyde due to poor metabolization. also have eczema so I really shouldn't drink cause it's going to fucking ruin my skin and put even more stress in my liver than most people.

That one beer with dinner is still fucking great sometimes though. >.>

Last edited:
if the baclofen is working for you and keeping you at a tolerable level, go with it. I just suggest phen because I'm partial to it and it IS easy to taper - but I totally understand not wanting to add another thing to the stack. Sadly - theanine also has rebound/habit forming properties. I would suggest kava kava - some studies have shown it can even resensitize gaba receptors to a degree, also fasoracetam was super helpful to me coming off gaba-b agonists. Neither of those are habit forming. So, if you have enough BAC, maybe order those supplements, go slow and taper to 0. I would probably drop a milligram a day(Use a .001 scale) and keep going til it felt really bad, stabilize there and then keep going. I just tapered myself off of 120mg of oycodone and I would do like this : 120, 119, 118, 117, 117, 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, 112, 112 - like that. Don't increase dose, don't push too hard. After a few weeks, it will be done.

What happens if you have a legsl script and end up jail? Do u keep getting your meds?