• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting used to LSD (not a tolerance issue)

bla-ljus

Bluelighter
Every now and then I see thread about tolerance, but I haven't seen one about getting used to LSD..

For the last year I've been taking LSD, mostly just low doses (would estimate approx 50ug), enough to get some visuals, some distortion of colours, some movement at the edge of the field of vision. There has been one major trip (200-300ug range), but mostly the small ones. Usually couple of times a month.

Now, I've noticed clear difference on how LSD affects me. The early days the come up was like going in an airoplane that takes off trough massive turbulence. Or a rocket. Kind of wild ride while you were getting higher and higher, until the situation calmed, but yet feeling very high and seeing the effects. I think partly due to the body load.

Now, these days, I take 60-90ug and there is none of the initial rush. Just feel the "buzz" in my head, mood gets elevated and sometimes, but only sometimes I might notice distortion of colors. Even when there has been like 3-4 weeks pause. So definately not a tolerance issue. And the stuff is from same batch (wrapped in tinfoil, kept in dark, room temperature).

I would kind of assume that either I've got used to LSD, it just does not cause the effet it used to
or
my lsd has gone bad (which I don't think is the case. Shouldn't it survive quite long storage)

Anyone else with similar experiences?
Will mushrooms give different effect even if LSD does not?

get ya some 4-aco-trypts.....

lsd is fun, but i did it for years, and it absolutely does just kinda fizzle out...expand your horizon!

I am curious about this, does a longer break bring back the original experience ?

I am curious about this, does a longer break bring back the original experience ?

It might to a certain degree, but drug habituation is a form of memory. Just as if you repeat a particular phrase every week for years, a twenty year break might not do much to make you forget it. If you'd only uttered it a few times at large intervals, though, you probably won't remember much about it after a while of not saying it.

Whatever is good for memorising things (frequent initial repetition, with the allowance of increasing intervals) is generally good for losing the magic of a drug. It's still the brain and its mechanisms we're talking about, after all.

it seemed to with me, I've only had LSD probably half a dozen times with a few years in between each time, was just as intense as I remember the first one to be.

Every now and then I see thread about tolerance, but I haven't seen one about getting used to LSD..

For the last year I've been taking LSD, mostly just low doses (would estimate approx 50ug), enough to get some visuals, some distortion of colours, some movement at the edge of the field of vision. There has been one major trip (200-300ug range), but mostly the small ones. Usually couple of times a month.

Now, I've noticed clear difference on how LSD affects me. The early days the come up was like going in an airoplane that takes off trough massive turbulence. Or a rocket. Kind of wild ride while you were getting higher and higher, until the situation calmed, but yet feeling very high and seeing the effects. I think partly due to the body load.

Now, these days, I take 60-90ug and there is none of the initial rush. Just feel the "buzz" in my head, mood gets elevated and sometimes, but only sometimes I might notice distortion of colors. Even when there has been like 3-4 weeks pause. So definately not a tolerance issue. And the stuff is from same batch (wrapped in tinfoil, kept in dark, room temperature).

I would kind of assume that either I've got used to LSD, it just does not cause the effet it used to
or
my lsd has gone bad (which I don't think is the case. Shouldn't it survive quite long storage)

Anyone else with similar experiences?
Will mushrooms give different effect even if LSD does not?

I used to always get nervous as soon as I'd dropped LSD. Not really understanding what it did to me, or what I was to expect about what would happen also made me a bit nervous. I think this nervousness makes you much more alert and on the lookout for anything that might be a drug induced effect. I used to not really like the first few hours of LSD as I always had a hard time figuring out what was happening to me, I preferred the plateau much more as my mind was less all over the place then and I could analyze the LSD more effectively. After abusing LSD for a few months (mostly mild trips just like you), I figured it out more or less and knew what to expect. This gave me the effect you have now, where it just gradually comes on and is less "intense".

This getting used to effect won't ever really go away I think. You've already had these experiences now, and waiting a few years is not going to make you forget. You might have forgotten elements of the experience, but when you take it again later on your mind just kinda goes "Oh yeah! This place again". Mushrooms are a different experience to LSD in a lot of ways but won't really surprise you if you've got considerable experience with LSD. My first proper mushroom trip was definitely a memorable one and in some ways was much more intense than any of my LSD experiences, yet it was also much more "easy" because I recognized a lot of the elements of LSD in mushrooms. This made the trip space seem more familiar and friendly, although it was new in some ways too.

In a way having more experience is good, as it makes it easier to steer the trip and have a 100% fun time, but I do kind of miss psychedelics giving me a hard time, as this is where I learned the most from them.

You could go ahead and try taking a much higher dose than you ever have before, it'll definitely bring back some of the uncertainty from your earlier trips. I wouldn't really recommend it though. Higher dose =/= more insight. More like, you get more fucked up and for a longer time, but you don't necessarily get anything more out of it...

I've taken LSD about 200 to 300x and never developed a permanent tolerance to it like I did with MDMA. 50ug is not enough; one hit should be 100ug, although once I got a WoW white fluff sheet (100 hits) that had been laid at 300ug per 0.25''x0.25'' hit! I got that from a biker hippie friend. And to top that, I once had some Timothy Leary (obtained from ravers) that was $10 per hit and 500ug a piece. I took two and had a minor freakout involving screaming and crying, but that happens sometimes with LSD.

I haven't taken LSD in about 15 years now. All the 'acid' I have gotten in the 2000s has been bunk. I miss the spiritual insights that LSD afforded me. It made me a much more spiritual person. However, it made me feel dirty all over by 8 am. To be honest, I think I prefer MET to LSD as it is much cleaner feeling.

^^ I actually like the grimy feeling of LSD, it makes showers and swimming more fun. :p

I'm with Dresden on this, you can't be getting used to LSD when you've barely even experienced it to begin with. 50 ug is like barely over threshold. 100 ug is pretty much universally considered to be a single hit. Though personally I don't think it even starts to get particularly interesting until like 400+ ug. Don't start counting out LSD yet, you've hardly even seen what it has to offer. If you take an actually high dose, it should be pretty awesome every time, and pretty unique. I would actually say that my LSD trips seem to vary more than any other drug does.

I used to always get nervous as soon as I'd dropped LSD. Not really understanding what it did to me, or what I was to expect about what would happen also made me a bit nervous. I think this nervousness makes you much more alert and on the lookout for anything that might be a drug induced effect. I used to not really like the first few hours of LSD as I always had a hard time figuring out what was happening to me, I preferred the plateau much more as my mind was less all over the place then and I could analyze the LSD more effectively. After abusing LSD for a few months (mostly mild trips just like you), I figured it out more or less and knew what to expect. This gave me the effect you have now, where it just gradually comes on and is less "intense".

I think you really nailed with above!
Yeah, the axiousness in come up, your underconscious trying to figure out what is coming next. Add some bodyload to the mix and there you go.
Later I've found that there is no longer much of the bodyload or I don't pay attention to it. Also I know what to expect etc...

btw. now first time on mushrooms (1.5g). reminds a bit of what LSD used to be on comeup. (Having some difficulties figuring out what to type :). )

I'm pretty sure one can get used to any substance if they are done many times and at many doses, over and over.

I don't think getting used to it is a problem - you get used to anything don't you - that's called being alive. You can't do something for the first time every time.

I think the relationship you develop with psychedelics make it better the more times you take it. Never believed this bollocks about the first time being the best. But it's up to you how to take it so you benefit from it as much as you can. That's one of the challenges of life. If you get a dog it won't be a cute puppy forever - but that doesn't mean you love it any less.

That's weird, I thought every time you try something new it's considered the first time? Jk, I know what you meant.

First time of a psychedelic being the best? Yeah, I'm not so sure. First time on a psychedelic is akin to just wading in the waters. The only exception is mdma, which I don't think should be classified as a psych.

I don't think getting used to it is a problem - you get used to anything don't you - that's called being alive. You can't do something for the first time every time.

I think the relationship you develop with psychedelics make it better the more times you take it. Never believed this bollocks about the first time being the best. But it's up to you how to take it so you benefit from it as much as you can. That's one of the challenges of life. If you get a dog it won't be a cute puppy forever - but that doesn't mean you love it any less.

Agreed. LSD is like sex, it just gets better with practice.