• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Getting to 120% efficiency sober?

SpiralusSancti

Bluelighter
When looking professional level athletes it’s more than clear that doping is almost necessary to be able to compete for medals.

What about work, education, life in general?
Do you think it’s possible to “win the medal” while being without any kind of doping?

When looking professional level athletes it’s more than clear that doping is almost necessary to be able to compete for medals.

What about work, education, life in general?
Do you think it’s possible to “win the medal” while being without any kind of doping?

Would you elaborate on what you mean by doping in life? I mean, people drink coffee all the time.

You could say it’s form of doping too (usually not perceived like that because it’s generally allowed substance) , I’m not very sensitive to caffeine but those who are and get mostly good effects, certainly benefit from it to wake up faster in the morning and to faster get into working pace. Or to stay wake and fresh longer.

120%... Well... Answering your question maybe too literally - no it's not possible, presumably by most reasonable assessments 100% is the limit, so to go over 100% you need to introduce something, which probably is going to be some kind of doping.

Answering less literally... No one really knows where their 100% line is. Is it possible to compete as a professional athlete without taking some kind of substance to improve your performance? It depends on the sport, for some sports like bodybuilding where the line for even being competitive has already moved well beyond what is attainable without Performance Enhancing Drugs, no, it's not possible. For other sports it depends, is it possible, yes, is it likely, without using any PEDs, usually no.

In work, education and life, is it possible to "win the medal" without using PEDs? It depends who you are, and on your definition of winning the medal. A PED that is optional for one person might be a vital medication for another (although still a PED, by the most literally definition). Someone who can become what most people would consider to be analogous to "winning the medal" in life without any PEDs might have standards for themselves so unrealistically high that no amount of PEDs will help them get there - although they might well get them closer. In most cases, properly chosen and carefully dosed PEDs will help anyone achieve their goals.

However, most people are just not very good at being their own doctor for this kind of thing - and unlike a professional athlete, in work, education or life most people do not have a team of people around them to select the right PED for the task. Some do, of course - but this pretty much requires a certain level of financial success already. Personally I think that being able to pay people to work out the correct PEDs for you to take should already be considered a kind of medal, in and of itself.

Have done my best to answer your question in the spirit I believe it was asked, although I do think it is overall very vague and could do with some specific examples about what kind of scenarios you're thinking about.

By “getting the medal” I consider big success in aspects of living were you have to compete with other people or obstacles caused by how society functions. And tuning into 120% mode, going into extra gear is almost non-optional if you want to win. While there are people who are straight edge and it works out for them, most use at least coffee to get them up, alcohol or weed to relax and as you climb the ladder, in fact as you move more up or more down the ladder (as it’s harder to compete at the bottom and at the top) use of PED becomes more and more, the norm. And PED can be anything, even stuff that usually makes people not able to function properly but it clicks for other, at least for some time.

Somewhat related note.

When I first entered the "workforce" at 16, the restaurant I worked at was a den of speed. I had had a few short jobs before, but this one was the one I kept for years, full time for a year or two. Orange OP's were common and my work habits became driven by that. Eventually, I thought that I needed drop speed to work.

So, what could go wrong? That was the first time I did too much speed and payed the inevitable price.

When I did quit (for years), one of the things that had kept me on that dirt road was thinking I needed speed to work. However, I found out that I could put myself into "go mode" with either caffeine or, actually, nothing at all. It was a frame of mind which I enjoyed that I could get without the drug.

My entire life, I've been considered a productive over achiever both mentally and physically as the job required due to my ability to access "go mode". Go figure.
So, that was performance enhancing in it's way.

"The 1972 edition of the Physicians' Desk Reference lists Obetrol containing (10 mg tablet):

Obetrol was also available in 20 mg tablets which contained twice the quantity of its ingredients, in the same proportions. The 10 mg tablets were blue, and the 20 mg were orange. Both were inscribed with the letters, "OP"."

"

What could go wrong?

To me, an addict, if I take enough crystal methamphetamine, I can beat ten men, run faster than the flash, think and act on impulse and all in doing so, feel no fear. The funny, part of these ridiculous claims, is that for a duration of 37 minutes, then, after the comedown, wind up with mental deformities causing OCD, worsened depression, and increasing my antipsychotic medication that just makes me a complete dullard. I've only used prednazone for hangovers, but steroids nonetheless, cheating and lying in sports as well as politics, are the way to win. No ethical integrity anymore.I admire your ability to reason and question this, but honesty is dead. Also is referred to as "disimformation", or, honesty has been "redefined "

By “getting the medal” I consider big success in aspects of living were you have to compete with other people or obstacles caused by how society functions. And tuning into 120% mode, going into extra gear is almost non-optional if you want to win. While there are people who are straight edge and it works out for them, most use at least coffee to get them up, alcohol or weed to relax and as you climb the ladder, in fact as you move more up or more down the ladder (as it’s harder to compete at the bottom and at the top) use of PED becomes more and more, the norm. And PED can be anything, even stuff that usually makes people not able to function properly but it clicks for other, at least for some time.
Well, if you expand the scope of PEDs to include caffeine and substances like alcohol which are not PEDs in the traditional sense but could, arguably, be said to be PEDs in a more indirect way, in that they provide a temporary outlet of some kind that enables people to function better the rest of the time than they would if they didn't have this outlet... although it might be arguable how helpful such an outlet really is, sure, there are far more people augmenting their default mental state. In fact by this definition those who don't use anything are true outliers because almost everyone will use something medicinal at some point in their lives, no matter how backwardsly insane the legal climate, or their own attitude, might be around more exotic choices of pharmacological aid. Actually if we're broadening the scope of PEDs to include just anything then I'd say it's 99.9% not possible to compete without them, and that 0.1% or maybe even less is comprised of people with just extraordinary good fortune, which includes of course the good fortune of cashing in on the genetic lottery to such a great extent that you're not even out of action for a few days with a common cold or something.

cheating and lying in sports as well as politics, are the way to win. No ethical integrity anymore.I admire your ability to reason and question this, but honesty is dead.
While I can't disagree with your general point about how easy it is to get PEDs wrong - or even the general sentiment of this quote really... I gotta mildly object to the unqualified equivalence implied between using PEDs and dishonesty.

While it can indeed be dishonest, for sure, one of the most transparent examples, perhaps, being in the world of fitness influencers who claim to be natural when anyone with even a fragment of a clue could tell that they are so far from it, I think the issue is with actual dishonesty, not just the simple fact of using a pharmacological aid and not talking about it. I think we have to consider the general cultural climate and that for the most part, those who choose to be entirely open about it, rather than just ambiguous, are mostly going to be condemned for it, have all their achievements dismissed as the ill gotten gains of a cheater, and quite possibly jeopardise their career prospects, especially so if they are a public figure of any kind.

I think PEDs can be seen as a leveller of the playing field in a sense. The threshold for substances to be considered "therapeutic" right now is extremely and IMO unreasonably narrow. It's OK to give someone medicine to treat a genetic disease that would otherwise incapacitate them, but if someone can walk and talk, can just about fit in to some middling-to-bottom rung of society without too much complaint or nuisance, but is afflicted such that they are incapable of ever achieving real financial security or having a standard of living equivalent to someone else for whom everything went right in life and understands and enjoys playing the game of capitalism - this is not seen as a malady worth treating. Instead, even if the less fortunate person attempts to self medicate and thus treat themselves, and does this successfully - if this becomes public knowledge their achievements will be written off by many, and they themselves dismissed as just lacking the "work ethic" or drive or some other quality that is far more often a product of good fortune in other areas than it is of some spontaneously self-created quality within any individual - despite what the human ego would have us believe.

Well, if you expand the scope of PEDs to include caffeine and substances like alcohol which are not PEDs in the traditional sense but could, arguably, be said to be PEDs in a more indirect way, in that they provide a temporary outlet of some kind that enables people to function better the rest of the time than they would if they didn't have this outlet... although it might be arguable how helpful such an outlet really is, sure, there are far more people augmenting their default mental state. In fact by this definition those who don't use anything are true outliers because almost everyone will use something medicinal at some point in their lives, no matter how backwardsly insane the legal climate, or their own attitude, might be around more exotic choices of pharmacological aid. Actually if we're broadening the scope of PEDs to include just anything then I'd say it's 99.9% not possible to compete without them, and that 0.1% or maybe even less is comprised of people with just extraordinary good fortune, which includes of course the good fortune of cashing in on the genetic lottery to such a great extent that you're not even out of action for a few days with a common cold or something.

While I can't disagree with your general point about how easy it is to get PEDs wrong - or even the general sentiment of this quote really... I gotta mildly object to the unqualified equivalence implied between using PEDs and dishonesty.

While it can indeed be dishonest, for sure, one of the most transparent examples, perhaps, being in the world of fitness influencers who claim to be natural when anyone with even a fragment of a clue could tell that they are so far from it, I think the issue is with actual dishonesty, not just the simple fact of using a pharmacological aid and not talking about it. I think we have to consider the general cultural climate and that for the most part, those who choose to be entirely open about it, rather than just ambiguous, are mostly going to be condemned for it, have all their achievements dismissed as the ill gotten gains of a cheater, and quite possibly jeopardise their career prospects, especially so if they are a public figure of any kind.

I think PEDs can be seen as a leveller of the playing field in a sense. The threshold for substances to be considered "therapeutic" right now is extremely and IMO unreasonably narrow. It's OK to give someone medicine to treat a genetic disease that would otherwise incapacitate them, but if someone can walk and talk, can just about fit in to some middling-to-bottom rung of society without too much complaint or nuisance, but is afflicted such that they are incapable of ever achieving real financial security or having a standard of living equivalent to someone else for whom everything went right in life and understands and enjoys playing the game of capitalism - this is not seen as a malady worth treating. Instead, even if the less fortunate person attempts to self medicate and thus treat themselves, and does this successfully - if this becomes public knowledge their achievements will be written off by many, and they themselves dismissed as just lacking the "work ethic" or drive or some other quality that is far more often a product of good fortune in other areas than it is of some spontaneously self-created quality within any individual - despite what the human ego would have us believe.

I understand. My lack of PED use or lack of understanding the definition to the term or what this encompasses is a blunder. I dont do sports.never have. My only reply, only to consider, but not to insult, to quote pilate, " what is truth?"
Now that I texted this, is seeming like an over generalization, and almost globalizing, so to say, but if I am going to practice humility. I am getting by ,hanging by my nails. And realizing drugs are science and people cant be boxed into a cold post like mine.
Thanks for your post, I will apply it to me, and try some consideration for people .