• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Getting the oil from Volcano bags

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Just wanted to share a technique. I've searched for this in the past, best I could come up with on Google were people talking about washing bags with iso and evaporating it, which seems kind of convoluted for my purposes - by the time I'm scraping a bag I'm way beyond waiting for days for the iso to evaporate. Previously I've tried all kinds of things; scraping the bag with a thin knife (ok for the first scrap but try a second swipe and it smearrs everything back onto the bag, if you do it too hard the bag tears), dipping the blade into boiling water (again, smear the oil everywhere), holding the bag over a jet of steam (much the same result). What occurred to me recently though is that if you touch the inside of the bag it is really sticky and the oil sticks to your hands. So what I tried doing was sprinkling material that had been vaped to within an inch of its life over the stickiest parts of the bag and rubbing. It wipes the oil right off the bag. So I sprinkle some over, wipe it, collect it up and the sprinkle fresh material and wipe again. Repeat until the bag is clean. It get stuck all over your hands but is much easier to get off than from the bag, so I rub my hands together like I'm making hash untilit all balls up in my palms, thn scrap the sticky residue off with the blade of a pair of scissors. You end up with black, gunky stuff - not as pretty as oil - but if you collect it all and vape it again at 230 it gets you high as a motherfucker.

I put a fresh bag on before I bought my last 1/4 oz. I ran out two days ago and had already scraped down the valve and the thing that sits over the element, didn't think there was any way of getting high tonight. But I rubbed it down like I described and had one bag-full and I am flying right now. Thinking of all the old bags I've wasted over the years, thinking the oil was irretivable whenn really its not - I just wasn'tbeung creative enough.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Like, srsly, I'm blown away with how high I am right now from one bag - I've really stumbled across something here

Genius! I've been looking for a way to do that :). Didn't think about your idea but definetly works :).

ALso, if you've vaping. Do you throw out what you have vaped ? I keep it all (the brown stuff) and now and then make QWISO hash. Also pretty potent :)

^i haev to start saving my used buds.

i dont have a volcano, but i've played around with the resin on my vape's whip for a while now. when i was 16, i would just hold it over a flame and inhale the vapor generate, but this way it dirty and to hard to control the temp and your whip gtets dirty.

usually i just put the heating element a little higher, and dry hit the whip (with no buds), gets me high as f every time, and it lasts a while too. i love seeing those raindrop sized drops of honey colored resin on my whip :)

Cool. It's easy to scrape the valve and other pieces, but when I tried to scrape the oily bag it would rip.
It worked well on the small bit I tried but I am more interested to save up a few really oily bags to see if I can get a decent amount of the concentrate in one sitting.

Salutations Bit_Pattern,

...best I could come up with on Google were people talking about washing bags with iso and evaporating it...

Euh...

sloef7.jpg

Using this to minimize the amount of grain alcohol?

It's been quite a while since i've reclaimed from a bag​ but i clearly recall it wasn't as messy as what you described above!

Once evaporated the resin left behind will be easier to collect if frozen.

=D