View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting the most out of my DXM trips?

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I have been using DXM recreationally for just over a year now and generally trip twice a month at most and try and keep it to once a month (sometimes I get a little too tempted haha). I quiet enjoy the effects and the OEV's & CEV's it gives me, not to mention the introspection and epiphanies. But lately my trips have seemed quiet dull and empty, almost a complete waste of time. Now I know this is not a tolerance issue as I still achieve the expected effects from whatever dose I take its just sortve lost its magic. But every now and then the magic comes back. I use it more as anti-depressant and it helps me arrange my thoughts in an unbiased way without the barriers of expectations of society and family/friends its all about me. I can almost see my thoughts being processed by my brain. (hard to explain sorry). Now ive heard of potentiation methods including vitamins and natural remedies but im not trying to "potentiate" it as such to get even higher, im more looking for some mental and maybe even physical techniques to "bring the magic back". Tonight I will be dosing 600mg which generally elevates me to a low to mid 3rd plateau, however I generally dose around 1200-1500, im just backing off abit incase this is a tolerance issue but im almost 100% sure it isn't. Any suggestions?

Kundalini yoga and some long-form Steve Roach drone.
Draw mandalas or 'comics' while coming down.
Stay AFK as much as possible.

I guess it stands for Away From Keyboard = do not let your PC distract you while soaking up the wisdom of dissociative ocean ;)

Sounds to me like your pattern of regularity has cheapened the experience and made the effects of the drug lose their profound character. This is really common among people who trip regularly on hallucinogenic chemicals. Even if it's not a physiological/chemical issue of tolerance, it sounds more like a psychological or experiential tolerance that you've developed. Haven't you ever played an album of music that you really like too often, until you can't hear it the same way you did when you first listened to it? For me, if the album was anything more than hype to begin with, taking a break from listening to it for a long time and returning will renew the magic, sometimes make it better than it ever was if it's a particularly great album. Ever had a meal that was fantastic and you cooked it every night for a long time until finally you couldn't even look at the meal for a while? Ever watched a comedy movie so many times that the laughs get old?

The only 'technique' you need to regain the magic is to take an extended break from DXM.

SWIM took dxm for a good three month binge every single day (600+ mgs) until he woke up and remembered what the sky looked like during the day, but still uses it atleast once a month now. The more its used the less you will get effects wise. Now to amplify the effects you can smoke some green while you're on it and I can guarantee youll be seeing stars on the wall. Another tip is to use it on an empty stomach. You can always eat once you're on it (given, you wont taste it when you're on it but you can still eat).. But if you've binged on it for some time take a break for atleast a few weeks and your tolerance will lower.

Dim the lights
switch off the TV and the phone
put on some candles and incense
lay down on your bed
put on some badass expensive headphones
listen to Goth or Dark Wave music with deep bass lines
close your eyes
Enjoy.

Sometimes, tolerance aside, the nature of DXM trips just change. The first few trips I had, I experienced mind blowing CEV's of landscapes or cities and a sensation of flying over them. The colors were all dark but the features were exquisite, it was like slowly skimming over Google Earth except my eyes were the screen and everything was coated in a shadowy sepia.

As I started venturing into higher doses, I expected even more immersion into worlds like that except it didn't happen. What my CEV's became were something quite different. I'd somehow see the ceiling of my room through my closed eyelids - it would start pitch black and I felt like I would began to travel through layers of two dimensional planes, each with a different view. At the deepest view the flat plane turned crimson and bubbled like magma, it was like looking at a beautiful hell.

Then one time and one time only I genuinely reached the fourth plateau and experienced full dissociation, where I walked through senseless fantasy worlds like a lucid dream. I remember very little of it but I remember enough that it was the most intense and surreal experience of my life. I never got that dissociation again and never again had CEV's, no matter the dose. All I would get with eyes closed is swirling purple and blue but it was shapeless. In high third plateau doses however, I experienced floating sensations.

Took a long break and went back to it, but at any dose the experience underwhelming. Eventually it got to the point where visuals nearly disappeared minus the open-eyed distortions in depth. I think tolerance is just one piece of it. Some things you only get to experience once. I think a lot of it is the fact that when you become used to DXM there is no "awe" factor anymore.

I completely agree, im going to give it a long break for now atleast 6 months. See how I go then. And I completely agree with you's that the drug is still giving the effects, I think the "WOW" factor has gone. I also think a cross tolerance perhaps with K? because my K trips are far less "WOW" also. Definitly gonna give all dissociatives a rest although I am keen to try some of the PCP analogues but might hold off also. Thanks a lot for the feedback guys :)

No problem. Have fun and be safe. Sounds like you have a good head on yr shoulders. Of course, being here among the bl intelligentsia never hurts. Or, at least, it never hurt me... :)

I shall take that as a compliment :) And yes BL is very VERY handy/good forum.