• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Getting the chills after consuming small dose THC-Is this normal?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
So I got some edibles with 5mg of THC and I decided to micro-dose leaving me with only 2.5mg of THC. After about 2 hours, I felt really euphoric and relaxed.

However, after about another hour or so, I got severe chills. Is this normal?

Can THC cause cold chills? I was really really shaking like a leaf, it was that bad…

But overall, my experience was great 👍

Last edited:
Definitely normal for me to sometimes feel a bit colder than I otherwise would when under the influence

Yeah, this can happen. THC reacts differently in individuals and getting chills after consuming edibles is not so uncommon.

have felt very cold only when ive been greedy and smoked a joint with hash added to it as well, its just your blood pressure dropping and you become less mobile so you will feel colder but usually only happens when overdose on thc

Thanks everyone.

I really thought that micro dosing would not get me high like that. But it wasn’t too bad at all except for the chills.

Since I was in my late twenties, I would occasionally "get the chills". Would be cold long enough to have sudden chills and shivering which would take me getting nice and warm for a while to get over. Always happened at home relaxing in a cool or cold room, never out in the cold moving around.
Never happened often enough to get too worried about it, and doctors seem to concur. Maybe an idiosyncrasy of my body or metabolism.
Anyway, pot can indeed push me over the line and bring that on. So can an orgasm.