• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting Subutex Rather Than Suboxone

Twiddles1963

Greenlighter
I am going to a Suboxone and Subutex prescriber for opiate maintenance therapy and I was wondering what I could use for my rationale behind needing Subutex instead of Suboxone. I find Subutex much more enjoyable but I don't know a good reason why I would need it instead of Suboxone, which he is much more willing to prescribe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Adverse reactions to nalaxone, i.e; headaches ect, but if you havent been prescribed it, youre admitting youve copped suboxone on the street, which you wouldnt think is as bad as copping dope, but some drs have strange morals..

- Hopeless

I am going to a Suboxone and Subutex prescriber for opiate maintenance therapy and I was wondering what I could use for my rationale behind needing Subutex instead of Suboxone. I find Subutex much more enjoyable but I don't know a good reason why I would need it instead of Suboxone, which he is much more willing to prescribe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
There is no difference unless you are the 1 out of 1,000 individuals who is sensitive to the naloxone. You find Subutex more enjoyable because the placebo effect can change how we view are drug experiences. I was prescribed Subutex for years and switched to the films. Literarily felt zero difference. Some people are sensitive to the flavoring or coloring agents added to Suboxone.

I got headaches and nausea pretty serious from the strips. I eventually had to switch to subutex because I was dreading taking it everyday and considering dope a better alternative. Generally you can say you cannot afford the strips and they will prescribe subutex which has plenty of generics.

I'm very sorry if I need to create a new thread for this post, but that seemed a little redundant considering I have a question about Suboxone and this is a relatively recent Sub. thread. I have been an Opiod user for a bit over a decade. I've never really gone beyond pills but I have a fairly LARGE usage habit. Recently I was given 1 Suboxone strip to use if ever I found myself in desperate need of relief. I've gone through WD's multiple times as has just about anyone who uses this stuff but I was thinking about cutting the strip into 1/4's and trying to get some relief from the hell I know is coming. But I have a couple of questions about this product. I know I need to make sure I am already in WD's before I take it but if my habit is at a level where I can easily take 25-30 10mg Perc. or Lortabs and show no outward signs of an altered state that anyone would notice will a 1/4 strip help me at all and if so, about how long should I hope to get relief from that? Also I have legit scrips for Norco and Percocet and am due for a Dr. apt either Wed. or Fri. of this coming week. How long will Suboxone show up in my system since I have no legit reason to have that in my system and would lose my privileges at the doctors office. Thanks for any help and sorry if I am hijacking this thread. I've been a member for years but have usually just read the different threads and announcements I found interesting.

If its an 8mg strip, a 1/4 should be fine. Expect about 24 hours of relief. Sorry drug testing questions are not allowed.

- Hopeless

If its an 8mg strip, a 1/4 should be fine. Expect about 24 hours of relief. Sorry drug testing questions are not allowed.

- Hopeless

Thanks for the info. Hopeless. So sorry for to all for violating forum rules with my post. Will do some research online for info. Again, all apologies for my error.

Thanks for the info. Hopeless. So sorry for to all for violating forum rules with my post. Will do some research online for info. Again, all apologies for my error.

Well since you feel remorseful, we'll let it slide this one time. ;)

- Hopeless Soul