• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Getting stupid from hash?

Blackmoon

Greenlighter
So this could sound stupid but I've been questioning this recently. I smoke with my friend every night, not a shit load but enough to to get nicely stoned. Anyway, I'm trying to do things such as math ect and I feel like I'm getting worse at it, although I feel my English has gotten better. I love smoking pot and I doubt I'll stop in the near future but I'm just wondering if it's truly effecting me and I'm just firing on 2 brain cells.

Well obviously it can make you stupid while you're high, but I don't see any reason it should effect you in the long run

If I smoke too much I go stupid. You may be experiencing the same type of thing? Just try smoking less next time or don't smoke kief/hash if you're not trying to get stoned.

When i was younger, like aged 10, i could do multiplication such as 99x84 in my head. After years of smoking i find it harder to do maths, but then again, i haven't exercised that part of brain enough, so i'm not sure if i am able to still do that.

I do know that if you exercise the maths part of your brain regularly enough, you should be fine.

There are plenty of people i know that attribute memory loss to smoking weed.

If you got high ambitions of achieving academic success at school or something, then i'd say smoke on rare occasions, or don't at all.

I too have felt this recently but I've chalked it up to a matter of not regularly doing whatever I have gotten worse at, maths in your case I suppose. It may be slightly harder to do and focus but if its really bothering you then you can always dedicate a certain amount of time on it per day.