• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Getting sick from weed?

Trinitya

Bluelighter
First off I am 130 pounds...

For some reason, instead of feeling relaxed and stoned, I feel really sick instead and numb...

The first time I smoked weed, I smoked too much, 5 hits from a blunt, and 3 "shotguns", I was asking for trouble... My whole body went numb and tingly, and I felt like I was dying and threw up the rest of the night.

Anyway, I have some pot that one of my friends decided to share with me to see if it would be okay this time around... I rolled it into a joint, enough weed to take 1 or 2 hits from, that's it...

The first night, my nausea went away (was feeling sick prior) and I went to sleep really easily, didnt get high though really... but It wasnt even a lot of weed.. since I was kind of scared....

Anyway, the next night I had enough weed in a joint so I could take 2 hits off of it, and put it away.

I took 2 hits, inhaled, blew the smoke out, coughed a lil bit, but not too much.(Im a smoker.) Went inside, layed down... all the sudden I had a dumbed down feeling of what I went through my first time on weed, my body was numb, but not too tingly, and I was really dizzy and light headed, and felt like I was going to throw up. I drank a lot of water, gagged.. and felt really awful and went to sleep.

This weed isn't bad, because my friend smokes it and he's fine.

Is there any way to prevent feeling really adverse effects from weed? I'm not allergic or anything like that, but was just wondering if I am doing something wrong, because I just feel like I'm getting over a flu every time I smoke it.

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a real low tolerance and you could be greening out. Also light headyness and feeling dizzy can also be due to low blood pressure, I had a mate go through the same thing when he first started smoking.

I once had a friend who would somehow get thee spins frrom smoking a lot even when she didn't drink. Are you saying these were your first times smoking pot? Becausee the first few times can be overwhelming enough to make you nauseas. Either way you might wannaa make sure you weren't smoking k2 or spice bud because smoking thaat stuff can make even the most veteran pothead feel weird and out of it and just not right

I agree about that k2 shit, I been smoking
weed for almost 10 years and I smoked that
shit one time and thought I was gonna die..
... Then I got the munchies. Ill tell you
what though, those 45 minutes after I first
smoked were awful. You would know though if
you were smoking k2 because, in my
experience, it smells nothing like weed.
It almost has a fishy smell.. ...like fish feet
And it like, a really light green and super
fluffy.

Everybody has a different body. Seems like weed isn't a good drug for you, if any are lol.

Everybody has a different body. Seems like weed isn't a good drug for you, if any are lol.

Nah, not true, only smokable herbs make me super sick, don't know why. I've vomitted every time from salvia and weed... lol

But, smoked weed 3 days in a row, vomitted every time, oh well, guess it isn't workin' for me.

One of my best friends vomited every time he smoked headies for literally 4 months, and he smoked everyday. I assume it had something to do with a certain chemical or nute in high grade soils or hydroponic setups that he was not used to or allergic to.

One day it just stopped happening. He thew up much less often with mids and KB.

If you have a low tolerance, this isn't a rare occurrence. Many people throw up the first few times they smoke - it's your choice if you find it a fair trade or not.

are you sure your only inhaling the smoke and not swallowing it? That might be why your throwin up. idk. It could also be because you have only smoked a few times and your body is not use to it. You didnt really feel high and that normal for some people the first few times. I say give it time. Or fuck it

Well, I know im not swallowing it, cause it's not like I'm coughing til I puke...

I smoke a hit or two... then my whole body and inside of my starts tingling like pins and needles and going numb, I start shaking then my stomach gets super hot and it just comes up.

My mouth was also super dry, and no matter how much water I drank, it just tasted super carbonated and didn't help a bit.

try eating something before having a session i find if i wake and bake before having a coffie or breakfast i feel a bit sick and have threw up a few times from it.its sounds like ur OD'ing u must have a really low tollorince or really koohtah weed or both.hope that helps

@Junkie - You might be right, I can only smoke a tiny hit and I get really high without the negative effects. I must have a super low tolerance like you said. The weed smells really potent so it could be that too.

Tolerance is big.

Something else to learn is how to control your high - remember you're high. Don't start getting nervous as the feelings come on as they will intensify because you're nervous. Remind yourself you're high and a lot of the 'feelings' are psychosomatic. I'm not saying that they all are completely because weed is always grown different. Two plants of the exact same strain can be grown by two different growers and one can get you sick due to the environment it was in. If it only takes one or two small/decent hits to get high - then leave it at that. More won't get you any higher, it'll just push you towards your psychosomatic threshold and cause you to green out.

pot doesn't mix well with everyone, but sounds to me like you just got way too high. try eating 30 mins to an hour before hand, staying well hydrated, and take 1 hit and wait 20mins. even though it will start to hit you right away, it still takes a good 15-20 for it to take full effect. just be careful not to overdue it and let your body get the feel for being high. its just like alcohol or any other drug, the quicker you consume it the harder its going to hit. you can always smoke more if you want, but once your fucked your fucked. take it slow if you need to.

edit- ya pretty much everything that was said already...hah...

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome—or "CHS"—is a condition associated with chronic cannabis abuse. Its three primary symptoms are nausea, abdominal pains and cyclical vomiting, an ailment where you retch or throw up far more often than you should (around six to 12 times an hour).
Unfortunately with Cannabis becoming more potent and higher concentrations, like wax or oil or vape cartridges, this illness has become more common for chronic smokers.

The only cure is to stop smoking or ingesting cannabis.

I've had some unpleasant experiences from cannabis but don't give up on it. I'm still on the fence about this but I used to think cannabis couldn't possibly make one sick unless they had a lot, because THC as everyone knows, reduces or kills nausea but in some cases I guess it could make it worse but again I'm on the fence about it still. There are certain things that definitely don't mix well with THC. Drinking alcohol before or after smoking can make it really bad. I've also noticed that diet sodas before a smoke sesh can certainly make me queasy once the high has hit. The only times I puked on weed was when I was drunk. I've been close to puking other times, if I smoke on an empty stomach, or if I'm dehydrated when I smoke but I don't directly relate those problems to THC. I always thought I had eaten something bad or something. One day I had a strong smoke sesh and got really baked. When I got to my room my head felt way too heavy and I started experiencing intense vertigo. I felt extremely nauseous and part of me thought it was the weed but I'd only had three hits, plus I'd eaten out that day so maybe it was food poison.