• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting rid of Tramadol tolerance?

Tramadol has a half life of 6 hours and is generally out of your system after a day/ day and a half or so. Whilst you may think you’re not going to go above 150mg you will eventually develop a tolerance to it the longer you take it. If you really want to just have it recreationally I’d stick to once a month.

Tramadol also acts like a SSRI that’s why it makes you feel happier as well as pain free. It’s an absolute bitch to withdraw from when you become physically dependant on it. If this is a prescription from your dr, I’d imagine he’s eventually going to cut you off because realistically you should be healing and pain free. If you haven’t stopped taking these recreationally by then that withdrawal is going to severely suck. I’ve come off a lot of medication, tramadol is up there as one of the worst, you don’t want to get to that stage with it.
Agreed. I was dependant on Tramadol for over 7 years. The withdrawal was horrific and thats putting it mildly

I had built a tolerance for tramdol 3 years ago I took one for a toothache prescribed by my Dr and the tolerance was still there. I used to love the way it made me feel but it's still not there. Is that possible 3 years later?