View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting rid of the taste paper of LSD

TheFireDragon

Greenlighter
Dont say ah real LSD is tasteless because it has a taste do you think paper is tasteless aswell?

Really I put it in my mouth under the tongue and for about the first minute of placin it there im nearly puking

Caffiene "Tabs" are pretty much the same taste.

Like its just paper basically but a special kind of paper so it does have a certain taste.

Anyway I wanted to say, Swallowing it seems hard for me, Water I heard diminishes the effect. What about yogurt, Swallowing it with yogurt? Would that work?

LSD won't instantly lose significant potency upon contact with water, or else you'd notice a loss from your saliva. So any drink or, I assume, yogurt would be fine.

I havent taken acid via paper for years...

Yes it has taste (or texture?) No lsd isnt as prominent in its taste as nbome's.
But like the mdma crystal mixed in water or ghb in all its salty glory, i enjoy the tasting of drugs.

Personally, it helps me learn about the substance.
I know you cannot id a substance by taste, but you can build a damn good catalog in your brain of their subtles on the oral receptors.

Stick other flavoured things like flavoured yoghurt etc in your gob...
Rinse with coke repeatedly....

Good luck

why put it under your tongue, won't that give a gag reflex?
I just chew, eventually I swallow.
what's wrong with paper?

you can certainly add yogurt if you want but that's a bit like mixing milk and meat, wine is better.

why put it under your tongue, won't that give a gag reflex? Yeah it does actually but I heard it makes the effect stronger having it under your tongue for about 30 minutes, and I think that shit real too
I just chew, eventually I swallow. This tastes to gross for me to do that.
what's wrong with paper? Just tastes gross.

But it wont ruin the high in any way or make it less diminished swallowing it with yogurt after having it under my tongue for 30 minutes?

Heres some disscussions about it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/169mli/will_swallowing_acid_diminish_its_effects/

Last edited:
Be glad you have acid and just swallow it whole like a pill if you don't wanna chew it.

If you swallow it whole it won't diminish anything. I find that blotter usually has a very faint taste which I can't imagine being bothered by, but everyone is different, so if it bothers you, you can just swallow it. Under the tongue in not the best place, I put blotter between my gums and cheek and chew on it and then swallow. You could even put it in a gel cap and swallow. Or put it in water and drink it. Yogurt would work too.

Lucky you, i haven't seen paper since 98. Tripped for years, and honestly believe everyone should do it at least once in their lives. It opened my eyes. I took 3.5(then never took any less) first time, was FLYING. silly putty was the best, pull it apart, and it just melted as i did it. Got frustrated with it, thought it was in a thousand strands all over my hands and couldn't get it off, gathered myself, and it was in a ball on the tip of finger. Ahhh the memories, good times. Don't know if i could do it again unto my kids are all out of the house, so there aren't any real responsibilities to worry about.

what about all that stuff with distill, that only applys to parts where distillied water is involved?

In this country we should not be having dissolved so I should have no dimisihing effects same strong same trip and as long even If I swallowed right away,

And I will get as strong high and no diminished effects if its not distilled?

am i getting this right?

you mean put the blotter in distilled water - then drink the water?
It will work more or less.
even if you stir the water well, however, some lsd will stay in the paper, 100% will not go into the water, maybe 90% will go into the water.

Blotters do have a faint taste, depending on the type of blotters used, sometimes the taste tends to trigger my gag reflex. Recently to knock this out, the morning I plan to trip I put my tabs inside the foil of a piece of mint gum, by the time I'm ready to trip I drop the tabs and the spearmint flavor overpowers the blotter paper taste. Hope this helps:)

I think you may be referring to the beginning stages of a trip, about an hours worth of time after ingestion, when you seem to salivate and want to spit over and over again. This is often the case, and can be accompanied by a some nausea, which again, seems to go away as the first hour to two pass, after ingestion. Even if I get paper, put it in a 00 capsule and swallow, this happens for me, so I believe it is more related to the contents of the paper versus the paper itself.

LSD is affected by the chlorine in tap water...according to Shulgin. Distilled water should not affect anything. Delysid (or the ampules of it) was LSD tartrate dissolved in water.

While you certainly would not want to store LSD in chlorinated tap water, I doubt that placing a tab in your mouth and washing it down would make a noticable difference in strength.

It's a different issue: for long term storage, you want to avoid having the LSD in solution unless both the LSD and the water are of very high purity. Impurities can contribute to degradation reactions over time and in solution the LSD ionizes which makes it more sensitive.
The Delysid was fine after decades because it was well protected against these reactions and sealed in an ampoule.

The longer you want to store it, the more important the protection becomes (like purity, UV protective container, air sealed, etc). With something like chlorine, it can degrade LSD faster this does not require decades I think. For this reason the paper should be unbleached too.

The ink can be bitter...

You can extract a blotter with distilled water but with alcohol - say vodka - would be better. You can also just swallow the leftover paper to be sure, or just swallow the tab to begin with.
Sublingual administration can make for a faster come-up (the stomach contents are found to be relevant for LSD!) and maybe a little more is absorbed but it is not really necessary.

Depending on where you live there may be so little chlorine in the tap water that you can just let some water sit in a glass for a certain amount of time and the chlorine should dissipate after a while. As a rule I wouldn't personally use tap water though.

It shouldn't be so intolerable so IMO just suck it up (not literally)... otherwise I wonder how sure you are that it is LSD.
FWIW, i have tasted big differences between blotters - some were pretty nasty or soapy, only rarely were they super neutral... most of the time there was a slight taste of something metallic and mildly bitter but its fine.

You can also put it between your lip and your gum, this is called buccal administration, it should help get rid of some of the taste, without any noticeable differences in effect.