• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Getting rid of the scent of spilled bong water

Luke San Diablo

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey everyone,
I have a storage box I keep my bong stored in. Unfortunately it tipped over the other night and now the foam-like cushion on the bottom reeks.
Any tips on getting rid of the smell?

Well for one, always dump out your bong water at the end of the day. I dont understand people who keep the same water for weeks or months... its nasty... one guy poured out his bong and found a decayed mouse that crawled in there and died, he smoked that dead mouse for months.

Second, not really... you could try washing it, that should help a whole bunch. I had this stuff called "No Scent", or something like that. It killed any weed, cigarette, urine, food, mold, ANY smells, did a good job too.

Go to any convenience store, odds are they will sell spray bottles filled with non-toxic chemicals used to eliminate pet-odors and urine scents from carpet and furniture. It works amazingly- and I have a friend of who experienced a similar event to the mouse Folley referenced. He saved his bong water because he thought that it would make a bunch of resin on the inside of his bong, and whenever he would pour out the water there would be a thick, thick layer of film- that seemed like it could be resin. I mean like it was like 1/16 or 1/8 inch thick all along the sides where the water was. So one time i was with him and we were dumping the water into his kitchen sink and there was a cleaning sponge next to the drain, that when we poured the bong water on we saw disgusting clumps of slime, of what after sobering up and thinking about it- there was a mouse in his bong once (almost exactly like Folley's story) that must have brought bacteria and fungus into the bong, being scraped and smoked. He had been smoking rat bacteria and mold. Im sure thats good for someones lungs. So moral of this story- dont be one of those sick people who save their bong water. please.

Rub some activated charcol, available at either health food stores or the chemist, into the stain and then clean with household cleaning products. This will absorb the smell.

No offence, but what kind of shit holes are you guys smoking in where fucking rats can crawl up into your bongs?! and what kind of small ass bongs are you using?!

I May not change my bong water every day, but shit there ain't no dead animals in there. :|

No offence, but what kind of shit holes are you guys smoking in where fucking rats can crawl up into your bongs?! and what kind of small ass bongs are you using?!

Haha that made me laugh.

If I was finding dead mice and rats in my bongs I would start seriously thinking where I went wrong.

^ I was thinking the same. I mean, wtf? A rat? How is that even possible? Either that's bullshit or some people are just unbelievable. I thought I was a bit of a slob, but that's just something else!

Well he did say a mouse, which are significantly smaller than rats. I'm sure a mouse could get into a bong - I'm just not sure why one would want to, or why your bong is in a place where mice can get into it.

All the suggestions here are good. I hate the rank of bong water, so disgusting.

I used the pet odor stuff (thankfully I had some leftover from pottytraining my dog), then stuck it in the washer. Worked like a charm.
Thanks everyone.

Out of luck, buddy.

Find a new container and clean out your bong frequently. Stuffing it in a box while it is full of water is simply a bad habit and will only lead to situations like this one. The foul odor of bong water is one that lingers for eternity on material possessions...unless you can learn to deal with it.

Smoking a dead mouse =D=D
Now that sure is completely another level.

Despite I pour out the water after each smoke, it still smells quite bad after all those years of using, I can't imagine the smell if I wouldn't do it for months oh my 8o

Think I'll have a blunt now, and hope I won't imagine the poor mouse.

Soak (whatever) in 50/50 bleach-water mix for a couple hours ring out/rinse in cool water, let dry...

That story about the mouse is about the funniest thing I've read in a long time. (tragic for the mouse though).

I can only imagine the look on someone's face as they realize they have been smoking water permeated with dead mouse.

Side note: Maybe Deadmau5 should make a song about this?

Hey everyone,
I have a storage box I keep my bong stored in. Unfortunately it tipped over the other night and now the foam-like cushion on the bottom reeks.
Any tips on getting rid of the smell?

yea, you tear up the foam cushion, pitch it into a bonfire, watch the ghosts of sessions past rise moaning into the sky and get some new foam to line the box with from home depot. bong water is the most insidious liquid known to man, the only way to get rid of the smell is to kill whatever it contaminated or to cut your nose off and sand the taste buds off your tongue

Ew man thats disgusting fucking rats in your bong?? Yo change that water it will make smoking so much smoother...when the smoke passes through teh water you are filtering out some shit.. thast why the water gets smelly. If you put fresh water you will ahve much smoother hits. You probably have rat shit on your mouthpeice and all up in there. Gross.

My friend never would change his bong water it was disgusting. And he spilled it on my carpet and that shit smelled for months bro it was nasty.. then i moved out lol.

Easiest thing to do would be to just get a new "foam-like cushion" to replace it.

if your lazy like me, the simplest solution is just dump out your bong water when your done smoking, refill when you smoke again. then it never spills, your water is always cold (in my experience cold water is far superior to lukewarm), your smoke doesnt taste funny, and you VERY rarely need to clean your bong. plus, it cant spill.

as far as cleaning the smell goes, get ozium. they sell it at most auto parts stores, its a very effective odor eliminator, specifically for removing the smell of smoke. used most frequently to clean smoke smell from cars. it doesnt just mask it, it eliminates it. or you could replace the container you store your bong in (unless its more than a cardboard box with a piece of packing foam in the bottom, which is what i pictured).