View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting powder / crystal LSD out of a plastic baggy

Usirius1

Bluelighter
So, i have tried searching for anyone else's suggestions on this, but have not had a lot of luck. Let's say that you happen to have a rather small plastic baggy with 10mg of an LSD analogue in powdered form, how would you go about getting all of that powder into a vial of liquid with minimal loss of substance?

My idea was to careful pipe some of the solvent into the baggy to dissolve it into solution while in the baggy and then pipe that into a vial, and then repeat with pure pure solvent repeatedly until the volume of solution in the vial equals the intended volume. however this method will still end up with some solution remaining on the inside of the baggy.

Does anyone else have a better idea?

While your correct that there will be solution leftover, it will be negligible. Imagine you leave only 5% solution (that’s VERY generous, probably more like <1%) after three washes you’d only have .00125mg remaining. That’s just over 1 microgram. If that even that is too much, just one more wash should handle it.

-GC

Try meditation.. You will be happy with it.. Good luck and with my very kindest regards.
Lilchickenlover

Wash it out with liquid or kill the ziplock and scrape the remaining material with a unusused type of credit card?

I would absolutely not scrape the baggie with something as potent as LSD... you'd not get all of it and then you'd end up with doses of LSD on a tabletop or on your hands or in your lungs. Definitely use a measured amount of alcohol (vodka or everclear or something), wash the bag, dump it into a container, then use the same amount, repeat, combine the two, and you should be good. Any amount leftover with be in the few micrograms range at that point especially if you use a decent amount of alcohol. Then you might have to ingest, say, a mL of liquid for a dose (depends on what volumes you use), but you can be sure you got it all.

Thinking out loud here, but if something like acetone/iso doesn't rapidly degrade LSD, would it be practical to fill the baggy with enough to 'swish around' with the zip lock sealed, snip off the tiniest bit of one corner, drain into a more practical container like a 20ml vial, and allow for the solvent to evaporate? Presuming it wouldn't take forever to evaporate and there wouldn't be any loss from solvent degradation/evaporation, would this be possible? My reasoning would be if you can use a liquid that can be evaporated later, you might be able to afford to use more liquid for a more thorough wash.

E: obviously we're evaporating all of the solvent liquid, weighing the remaining powder (if possible), and then adding liquid to the carrier again for dosing

Last edited: