• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Getting off my magic brown dust

Phildo.Gaggums

Greenlighter
First off, thanks in advance for wisdom and past experiences from you guys. Every bit of information and advice is deeply appreciated.

Time to get down to brass tacks. As many of us have before, here I am; back up to an average of 10g a week, jail is probably creeping up quick, I have a tendency to end up there at about the 1.5g/day mark. Primarily for just being sloppy, not boosting or hurting others. Fortunately, not pricking myself this time, thanks to my fiance. Job is very stable. If anything, I've actually excelled. Oddly, I'm completely functional. That's the worst factor in this. I don't want to, bc it's actually going well. All that changes with a simple illegal u-turn, or failure to use a turn signal, y'all know the rest.
In Texas, county jails hold little to no sympathy for a heroin addict. Never have I gotten a bute, or methadone. Typically, I'm in agony, unable to sleep, tremors and depression enough to bring me to tears for 3-6 days, followed by a few days of feeling like a common cold.
Last week I was given "the ultimatum."
Needless to say, my magical fairy dust has to go. Due to my employment, the 7 days of sweating in the AC, pale white face, and wet farts doesn't fit in my agenda.
I've been back on for 2 months, 1.5/day, snort. I'm open to any suggestions.
My friend used meth (speed) to get off, and that led him to be clean from H, but a tweaker, so not that.
I purchased 20 Suboxone.
I need a relatively fast track, less than a month. I'm ok with most aspects of dt's except the tremors and insomnia.
Thanks in advance

Well if all you have is the subs then a rapid taper would probably be your best chance. You'll suffer but it'll be less painful than cold turkey. I have no first hand experience tapering on subs so you may need another blue lighter to help fill in the specifics.

Was on Subs for about for a few months. But I'd say 2 weeks on subs was enough for me to kick the habit. Heard some people get high on subs but I think that is total BS and it is totally unlike methadone or any opioid. I'm sure you already know subs are supposed to "maintain" a person while coming off of dope. I had the oral strips and would use them until I got back to normal. Doesn't get you high as much as it stops you from craving dope and helping with the withdrawal symptoms. Best of luck to you man.

P.S. Also Suboxone does have an effect on lowering tolerence so just be careful.