• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting off Acetylfentanyl/opiate withdrawal questions

good luck

I hear the acetyl/butyr-fentanyl analogs are really hard to kick

yeah it's terrible. it's day.... 3 and my hands are freezing ,i'm totally cold turkey. i'm depressed. might lose my job cause i'm so sick... again. I fucking hate this. I am never going back to acefent. holy fuck. I just took around 3500mg's of gabapentin and 2mg's of clonazepam to try and pick my moods up before work in 4 hours, but I have to go in early for a talk... so we'll see what happens.

I advise anybody against the use of fent or fent analogs, they are too dangerous, and the high is not worth the low. I already said this fucking twice in a month. how stupid can I be.....

Last edited:
Ya, if I were you take much more lope, like 30-50 of them... or just stick it out, I heard fent w/d sucks ass BUT is really short.

Lope is a great tool for getting off opiates and not having to deal with physical withdrawals as much like severe RLS, vomiting, diahrea, unable to sleep at all, uncontrollable shaking and freezing cold chills. But in my experience, you HAVE to rapdily taper the lope once the worst of the withdrawals are over, or else you start becoming dependent on lope and stretch out the withdrawals, and loperamide is an opiate, and is still activating opiate receptors all over your body, but not in your brain as it has difficulty passing the blood brain barrier. So basically, mentally you will be feeling better after a few weeks, but physically you'll be addicted to that loperamide. Like you'll have constant lingering symptoms of RLS and and chills, because loperamide stretches out withdrawals (9-14 hour half life, so its like a poor mans methadone lol, but methadone is MUCH MORE TRADING ONE ADDICTION FOR ANOTHER for sure) but makes them MUCH more bareable and milder. Anyways, the key is a quick lope taper after the first few days, I'd try taking 30mgs of lope every 8-12 hours for these first few days. That seemed to really help me out after a fent binge. The time I tried cold turkey, I was shaking uncontrollably in my bed, under 3 blankets, cold as hell, barfing non-stop. Not fun lol.

people around here say anything over a few mg of subs is a waste.. i NEED 24mg a day with 20mg of valium as a potentiator. During the first few days i the valium was tripled and also included gabapentin, clonidine, several 30mg temazepam and plenty of soma. I also IV'ed a lot of the subs the first week. Terrible idea but it got me through it.

I was headed toward death.

Are you still on subs? Then you haven't even really went through withdrawals. Unless you have heavily heavily tapered down, 24mgs of suboxone is an insanely high dose, and is just trading 1 addiction for another.

Lope is a great tool for getting off opiates and not having to deal with physical withdrawals as much like severe RLS, vomiting, diahrea, unable to sleep at all, uncontrollable shaking and freezing cold chills. But in my experience, you HAVE to rapdily taper the lope once the worst of the withdrawals are over, or else you start becoming dependent on lope and stretch out the withdrawals, and loperamide is an opiate, and is still activating opiate receptors all over your body, but not in your brain as it has difficulty passing the blood brain barrier. So basically, mentally you will be feeling better after a few weeks, but physically you'll be addicted to that loperamide. Like you'll have constant lingering symptoms of RLS and and chills, because loperamide stretches out withdrawals (9-14 hour half life, so its like a poor mans methadone lol, but methadone is MUCH MORE TRADING ONE ADDICTION FOR ANOTHER for sure) but makes them MUCH more bareable and milder. Anyways, the key is a quick lope taper after the first few days, I'd try taking 30mgs of lope every 8-12 hours for these first few days. That seemed to really help me out after a fent binge. The time I tried cold turkey, I was shaking uncontrollably in my bed, under 3 blankets, cold as hell, barfing non-stop. Not fun lol.

took about 30mg or so of lope an hour or two ago... feeling better as for the sweating and cold turkey feeling. we'll see how work goes. I really hope this doesn't last long. (a couple more days)

Are you still on subs? Then you haven't even really went through withdrawals. Unless you have heavily heavily tapered down, 24mgs of suboxone is an insanely high dose, and is just trading 1 addiction for another.

Yup still on the subs, but that doesn't mean I don't what fentanyl WD are like. I tried to quit and WD half a dozen times before I went in for subs. I never made it past some point in day 4 before scoring something, usually Dilaudid or morphine. I pretty much always made it to day 4 too, but never past.

Dilaudid used to be my DOC before the fent nightmare. Now 48-60mg shots do nothing but barely keep me well for a while. Several hundred MG of morphine gave me pins and needles and a little bit of wellness.

I considered ordering a/b fent online but knew i was heading toward death.... shooting home extracted fent of unknown concentration alone is suicidal. The night before i went in for my appointment with the sub doc i woke up after who knows how long with a rig still in my arm.

So say what you want about trading one addition for another. It's my choice and life and i think the choice i made saved it. If/when i decided to taper down i'm prepared for along slow taper.

At one time i was prescribed 24mg of xanax a day for over a year, until the doctor left the practice. No other doc would touch me. They basically said go to inpatient or risk seizure/death. I had two dogs and no one to care for them so inpatient wasnt an option. I finally found a shrink willing to take me on and do a .25mg reduction every ten days, and it was still a fucking nightmare. If i can handle that, I can handle subs.

16mg of subs wasnt enough for me. I was IV'ing them to get relief from the craving and the anxiety/depression, PAWS symptoms. Jumped to 24 and havent IV's since, although i have been using them mixed with a little bit of everclear to increase absorption. I think 32 might actually be better but the doc already told me that if 24 didnt work i wasn't a candidate for subs and the closest 'done clinic is over 100 miles away. Not practical.

I'm doing this because i want to be clean, have a normal life and not die with a rig in my arm from a fent OD.. I actually went to an NA meeting the other night and i think I'm going to try outpatient treatment program... all for me.. not court.. nothing other than i'm tired of it.

To the OP sorry for ranting in your thread, good luck and stay away from the fent.

^Pardon me but which insane "doctor" would prescribe 24mg Alprazolam daily? :O
Is it a typo? I just can not believe that.

Also these Bupe doses are so goddamn high. Iirc the efficiency of Bupe is not directly corelated to the amount.
I have problems kicking a 0,5mg-1mg habit.

Sry for OT: All my best to OP. I am so glad that I never ordered these Fent Analogues.

Yes I believe it's a typo. You normally take them in 0.5 or 1mg each dose. Prescribing 24 mg doesn't make any sense.
Is these a monthly prescription?

*Fentanyl analogues can be quite strong and dangerous. Fentanyl itself is described to be 50-100 x stronger than morphine.

It was 24mg. I worked my way up to that amount in a short amount of time. The script was written back before 'zanny' bars were a popular recreational drug and was written by a young GP and read "two every 4 hours as needed" and I'd get 180 at a time and I would go in for a refill every couple of weeks without a problem. He was also prescribing me giant bottles of Tussionex which I quite enjoyed with the xanax.

The problem came when he was asked to leave the clinic and no other doc would even touch me. Everyone said "go to inpatient or risk seizure/death" well I had dogs and no one to care for them. I finally found a psychiatrist to take me on with a contract and a taper.

I would not be surprised if that doc ended up at a pill mill someplace .

No doctor in his right mind would prescribe such a ridiculous high dose. I'm not saying you are lying but whoever did this should be getting some hard consequences. This is insane.
The usual advised dose/day should be 0.5- max. 4 mg not 6 times that of the maximal dose...

Maybe i wasnt the only person getting meds like this from him and maybe that's why he was asked to leave the clinic, IDK. I only know what happened to me. It's like ripley.. believe it or not :) But i figure if i can taper from that, i can eventually handle a sub taper, it cant possibly be worse than fent cold turkey or Benzo WD, which i tried mid taper because i was tired of dealing with it and thought i could handle it.. big mistake... even the xanax taper which was very liberal @ .25mg every ten days was miserable.

Who know's, maybe i'm making a mistake trading my fent addiction for a sub addiction, but i figure it's a mistake that's at least extending my life. Shooting unknown quantities of unknown concentrations of fent alone is a disaster waiting to happen.. even when you have a monster habit..

I won't for sure. 2 Days without Bupe and only Kratom. Feeling good so far.

You take care too, dude. I am somewhat surpised that you'd be able to work when I was bedridden for 3-5 days last year from only ~1mg Bupe/day^^

@OP. I have been thru regulars fentanyl wd and yes that was some awful shit. Everyone says it's so fast but to me it was very comparable to heroin. Took about 5 days with the 3-4 being the worst. I had such bad RLS that I would shuffle up and down my living/dining room like a mental patient then plop back on the recliner. I had to move I couldn't sit still for more than 15 min. But I had absolutely no energy so I barely shuffled. Moving was the only thing that made me able to sit down. And 15 minutes later repeat

@olypen. Considering what high amounts of sub you are on have you considered methadone? One maintenance drug is no worse than another. But I think with the habit you describe a full agonist would help hold you better to eventually taper. If you're on 24 mg of bupe and seeking to potentiate it, IMO bupe probably isn't the best choice of maintenance drug for you. People with monster habits can get by on 4 mg. I say this completely nonjudgmentally. Bupe isn't the right choice for everyone. Just something to think about. And contrary to what you may hear, a methadone taper if done properly is fairly painless. I've done that. Also done it cold turkey. That was not painless

i just ran out (yesterday and can barely type. body hurts. hard to balance . i took 7 gabapenin too see if it would help by the time I get to work.. i took a diazepam too. what else do you think I should take or or do to make this go away
Edit. and I also took 7 lope. what else do you guys recommend
Nothing you're fucked honestly you have to just deal with it until it's over or go onto another opiate/opioid. Gabapentin, benzodiazepines, & loperamide definitely help a little bit but its a BAAD feeling, opioid withdrawal, they won't cover it at all. Heroin withdrawal *feels much worse than xanax withdrawal in my experience.

@olypen. Considering what high amounts of sub you are on have you considered methadone? One maintenance drug is no worse than another. But I think with the habit you describe a full agonist would help hold you better to eventually taper. If you're on 24 mg of bupe and seeking to potentiate it, IMO bupe probably isn't the best choice of maintenance drug for you. People with monster habits can get by on 4 mg. I say this completely nonjudgmentally. Bupe isn't the right choice for everyone. Just something to think about. And contrary to what you may hear, a methadone taper if done properly is fairly painless. I've done that. Also done it cold turkey. That was not painless

my sub doc already told me that if 24 milligrams didn't cut it I wasn't a candidate for suboxone. I'm not against a methadone program, but the closest one is over a hundred miles away. A six hour round-trip drive every day just doesn't work for me working 9 to 5, 5 days a week in an office job. Besides being a full blown drug addict I'm also a college graduate and a professional. I IV'd heroin about 3/4 of the time i was in college, except when i studied abroad.

16 milligrams of Suboxone did manage most of the physical aspects of WD but wasn't enough for the cravings or the PAWS. one really appealing aspect of the suboxone is that I would have to abstain for 4/5 days to really feel the effects of a full antagonist. I just don't have the willpower for that. 24 milligrams does seem to be an effective dose for me right now though. Maybe it's my metabolism, maybe its psychological, but with most substances i've always needed more than your average bear to reach the desired effect and when i get a tolerance going i can reach incredible amounts. I dont mean to sound douchey or like i'm bragging because it's nothing to be proud of, it's simply the truth.. from psychedelics, stimulants, benzos to opiates.

I'm not really taking the valium to potentiate the suboxone, rather as part of a mental health regimen for bipolar 1 disorder that i haven't treated, other than self medicating, for years. The doc asked what had worked in the past and what I had tried and I told him the combo that I finally settled on to be stable. He was agreeable to starting that back up, although he cut all doses in half and will titrate up as needed. That included the valium.

So, maybe I'm not the best candidate for suboxone, but 24 milligrams seems to be doing the job. Considering the draconian laws regarding methadone in this country its really my only option. if they would write me a week's worth of takeaways scripts I might be able to make it work but I just can't do daily trips and six hour drives and I really want to stay clean. I'm attending some NA meetings and considering outpatient rehab on my own... no court order bullshit but because i want to. If you knew me in real life you'd think that was a real fucking joke.

I'm not saying i want to be on subs forever, but i also don't think i'm a good candidate for a short term taper. I know i'd just relapse. I moved to this godforsaken conservative state in the middle of nowhere from seattle to clean up not once, but twice. I'f i cant make it here i don't know where else to run to? Alaska?

This is a problem i cant solve on my own and i'm finally realizing that. I'm also concluding that maybe the bipolar diagnosis isn't just some bullshit diagnosis doctors made up about me and i should probably should treat if i dont want to continue to end up in the same fucking situation over and over and over..

Last edited:
Jesup CHRIST that's a MONSTER habit! I'm IVing 3/4ths of a gram a day of some extremely potent boy.. Brown Mexican hot cocoa powder.. Along with a few g74 opana er 40mgs a day.... And I'd still be afraid to approach doses of fent half that big. Be VERY CAREFUL. YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING YOU SAY. I've been prescribed high doses of fent and have had atypical seizures coming off.

Good luck brother. Also watch the price discussion... Just looking out ;)
I had some seizures w/ding off fentanyl too but the Drs said they don't think the wd's had anything to do with it. They never did come up with a reason why I had them. What were yours like?

I had some seizures w/ding off fentanyl too but the Drs said they don't think the wd's had anything to do with it. They never did come up with a reason why I had them. What were yours like?

Difficult question to answer since I lost consciousness :/

All I can really offer up is that I had never had a seizure that wasn't related to benzo withdrawal at the time. I wasn't coming off anything but fent and dropped straight down onto a wooden dock while smoking a cigarette outside of a detox unit.

Believe it or not I had just warned the detox center that I felt like seizing and should be assessed before other less critical (*ahem* percocet addicted) patients due to the high levels of Fentanyl I was both abusing as well as prescribed.

They tool it as me fiending / drug-seeking and facetiously told me "you'll be fine, trust us. You're not gonna seize." As they chuckled and rolled their eyes. I'm not a doctor but... I had had a metallic taste in my mouth for a little while and was just starting to have pretty alarming brain zaps that had prompted me to finally get off my ass and get driven to the detox center by a friend who helped me conclude regardless of my ability to continue my cold turkey, I needed anticonvulsants.

After they told me I wasn't gonna seize I responded by saying "OK. Well, when you see the ambulance outside you'll know that's when you fucked up. I'm going out for a cig and a seize." a few people laughed. I was told I dropped on the wooden dock patio outside approximately 5 minutes after my announcement. I woke up in the hospital confused, asking for suboxone, thinking I had finally been admitted into the detox. They told me I was in the ER and that they were giving me my prescribed 175mcg of duragesic as they don't detox at Memorial West Hospital. This started me back on day 1 of my detox of course.

I was told at the hospital I probably had a lawsuit on my hands as I had been medically assessed by the detox, deemed a seizure risk, and not even given do much as dilantin before being ignored and collapsing into a grand mal outside five minutes later. Needless to say I think the hospital was right because I had the most ridiculously over medicated lengthy detox stay of my life following my discharge from Memorial West.

21 days. Sorry for the novel lol. I'm sure this story sounds a little far fetched but it's sadly true. The detox center was High Point in Cooper city, FL. Seizures also kill neurons and are no laughing matter. It felt like a typical drug withdrawal seizure.. Not sure how else to put it.

Thank you. I know you can't tell me too much since your lights were out. Mine were frequent but not grand mal I was told. When I was admitted into hospital and they gave me prescribed fentanyl and oxycodone doses, it all stopped. Large gaps in my memory. Lol