• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting Of Gabapentin

sandrio

Greenlighter
Hello I need help from someone who has abused and withdrawed from gabapentin or lyrica, I wass abusing it and takeing for 3 years everyday at least 5 thats about 1500ML or more, I started geting of it and for

3 month i would only drink 600 everyday,
and for 1 month (last month) 300 everyday
for 2 weeks 300 evey second day

No i stoped complitly and its day 6 now

I feel horrible, nightmares, crying, cant get put of bed, anxiety to the roof, depression, depresonalisation and list goes on

I cant say that its getting better, if anyone who has done this or knows someone please tell me your story, will I ever get better?

I've taken Gabapentin but have never withdrawn from it but...

I know obviously it's a gabaergic drug like benzodiazepines and alcohol.. Wich are not really safe to quit cold Turkey.

Maybe you should go to the ER or a detox center

Sandrio, what you're experiencing seems to be pretty much the normal routine when withdrawing from Gabapentinoids. For reference's sake, Gabapentinoids include, among other drugs, Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut. The good news, is that despite the severity of the acute withdrawal syndrome, it appears to resolve more quickly and completely than say, Benzodiazepine withdrawal, which is practically defined by its protracted nature.

Just to clarify, although Gabapentinoids are chemically quite similar to other GABAergic drugs like Benzodiazepines, more and more information comes out every day suggesting that they have little to no effect on the system itself, but actually exert their action by influencing Calcium channels.

You will get better. Am I understanding correctly that you've had no Pregabalin for 6 days at this point?

I was on day seven of pregabalin withdrawals. It was getting better until I saw my new doctor and she prescribes what? Gabapentin and thus taking me down the rabbit hole again. It depends on the person. It does wax and wane and sometimes you'll feel ok then you'll eat something thing and the stress on top of that will give you nightmares.

I will admit. Lyrica/Gabapentin are my most favorite drugs. But that's only because I don't use meth or weed or XTC anymore. So yes it will get better. How long? No one here can tell you that. I'm getting to the point to where I want to go to rehab because I just want to stay off this crack. So hope your doing better. I'm in my first day of withdrawal. My script from my new doc only lasted seven days. So I don't don't epic the period where I went without and now about to through it all over again kindled the brain. Ugh it sucks.