Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Getting in shape psychedelically

Chris Timothy

Bluelighter
Hi everybody,

A lot has happened lately, all a bit too crazy to easily publically report on. It's given multiple people the impression I'm just aimlessly fucking around again.. which is understandable and fine, and also doesn't really need to be addressed, as I've been getting signs from the universe it's time to shift focus from the inner to the outer, now I've got enough meta-information about my defunct brain structures to be able to work around them.

Basically I've got a year time to transfer a beer belly into muscle. It's a bit dizzying to think about as it's been such an alien concept to me. Budget is tight as always, but can be conceivably worked around, depending. 100 bucks a month is doable (normally my drug budget), change in diet should be able to be arranged separately.

I'm posting this in PD for a couple of reasons. I know many of you have the knowledge I seek, and y'all have some sense of how much of a noob I am on this and where I therefore best start.. and I am of course interested in the chemical angle. I already know about creatine, but it gives me a worse renal load than the dissociatives, so I might wanna skip that one. Any other tricks though would be welcome. Also if there's any psychedelic that goes well with muscle building, I wanna know about it. Dissociatives improve bodily connection as well funnily enough, but they kill appetite, and forcefeeding oneself after exercise is darn tedious.

About the purely physical part: during my keto year I've build affinity with it. Running around was no problem, I got to about 80 pushups (in sets) every other day at some point, done weighted squads, and some situps. Ever since being back on sugar, caffeine and weed, performance has like halved, I guess because caffeine facilitates ignoring breathing technique, and it's hard to generally care on weed. But I'm relying on caffeine to get work done, so that one's here to stay. Anyway, my point is I'd rather expand on the DIY activities, rather than blowing money on a gym membership.

If it's too off-topic feel free to close the thread and I'll do my own research. I just figured it would be fun to involve y'all. :)

CT

stationary bike?
skip sugar, and anything with refined white flour, no sugary drinks.

ephedrine for a bit of boost, but be careful, it is addictive

You can get fit at home but it just depends on your testosterone levels how much muscle you build - if you have enough T then if you do a few push-ups and walk a bit then you will be jacked like a motherfucker. With low T you can gym train 3 days a week, work your bollocks off forever and get absolutely no return whatsoever - you will still look like Stan Laurel. That's the size of it really, You can get fit with low T - but you can't get jacked.

I didn't realise how crucial Testostosterone was till I started TRT. 2 months of sitting on a needle and doing no training - not even raising my head to fart when I was laid down - and I looked better than I had after 20 years of lifting weights with low T.

Hmm back to keto? Dang that'll slow down my thinking again.. I haven't tried keto combined with caffeine though, so that could be interesting.

My testosterone should be super low now.. it had to be to do what I did. Bit scary to think about reverting.

Hmm.. maybe 2C-B before TRT to secure direction?

I mean, a gym membership isn't that expensive. You can go full calisthenics route (deff get a pull up bar either way).
I think most people say that losing weight first and then do a slow bulk is the way to go.

Requires a lot of consistency, or yeah you can blast steroids I guess =D

Tribulus terrestris is good. Will elevate your T. Don't take every day for extended periods. Best to cycle. Microdose a lysergamide for extra stamina.

Interesting input, I'm learning.

I mean, a gym membership isn't that expensive. You can go full calisthenics route (deff get a pull up bar either way).
I think most people say that losing weight first and then do a slow bulk is the way to go.

Requires a lot of consistency, or yeah you can blast steroids I guess =D

Yeah I used to have a tree in the backyard with a perfect branch for pull-ups. Then I got too strong and it broke off, bye routine lol. 🥀

No, I'm not stimulated by the social atmosphere, and there are too many free heavy things around for me to be paying for heavy things. It's really not something I can justify to myself spending money on.

What's the reasoning though behind first losing weight and only then gaining muscle? The seeming absurdity of it is making steroids look appealing.. =D

Buy some dumbbells. 10’s, 15’s and 25’s. Pick them up as often as you can. Resistance bands too are great and cheap. Also body weight exercises.

Supplement with vitamin D, zinc, magnesium and manganese on occasion.

Eat high quality meats you cook up yourself. With mostly veggies and fats. Fat is your friend. Sugar is your enemy. Avoid sugars at all costs and read labels.

-GC

Hi everybody,

A lot has happened lately, all a bit too crazy to easily publically report on. It's given multiple people the impression I'm just aimlessly fucking around again.. which is understandable and fine, and also doesn't really need to be addressed, as I've been getting signs from the universe it's time to shift focus from the inner to the outer, now I've got enough meta-information about my defunct brain structures to be able to work around them.

Basically I've got a year time to transfer a beer belly into muscle. It's a bit dizzying to think about as it's been such an alien concept to me. Budget is tight as always, but can be conceivably worked around, depending. 100 bucks a month is doable (normally my drug budget), change in diet should be able to be arranged separately.

I'm posting this in PD for a couple of reasons. I know many of you have the knowledge I seek, and y'all have some sense of how much of a noob I am on this and where I therefore best start.. and I am of course interested in the chemical angle. I already know about creatine, but it gives me a worse renal load than the dissociatives, so I might wanna skip that one. Any other tricks though would be welcome. Also if there's any psychedelic that goes well with muscle building, I wanna know about it. Dissociatives improve bodily connection as well funnily enough, but they kill appetite, and forcefeeding oneself after exercise is darn tedious.

About the purely physical part: during my keto year I've build affinity with it. Running around was no problem, I got to about 80 pushups (in sets) every other day at some point, done weighted squads, and some situps. Ever since being back on sugar, caffeine and weed, performance has like halved, I guess because caffeine facilitates ignoring breathing technique, and it's hard to generally care on weed. But I'm relying on caffeine to get work done, so that one's here to stay. Anyway, my point is I'd rather expand on the DIY activities, rather than blowing money on a gym membership.

If it's too off-topic feel free to close the thread and I'll do my own research. I just figured it would be fun to involve y'all. :)

CT

PSYCHEDELIC MEDICINE | SPORTS +50 articles

🙏

Last edited:
Like G_Chem said. Get a pair of dumb bells. I started with only a pair of adjustable dumbells that could go up to 20 kg each.

I started doing free exercise in my room, push ups, sit ups, core body work there is a ton of free exercises on the internet.

Cut out sugar and esp sugar carbonated drinks. Get into cooking your own meals this saves money and get into meal prep for time.

Start off with walks around the block or park, I use to set a goal of walking at least 3 km per day. Put some headphones in and just go walking. I use to walk around the city and park blasting music thinking about life

Starting off do Core body exericses press ups or that jazz on a mon night, then tuesday night dumbell workouts, wenesday core, body etc, thursday, dumb bells, friday, core, saturday break, sunday dumbbells.

I put on a fair bit of muscle using only dumb bells.

Interesting input, I'm learning.

Yeah I used to have a tree in the backyard with a perfect branch for pull-ups. Then I got too strong and it broke off, bye routine lol. 🥀

No, I'm not stimulated by the social atmosphere, and there are too many free heavy things around for me to be paying for heavy things. It's really not something I can justify to myself spending money on.

What's the reasoning though behind first losing weight and only then gaining muscle? The seeming absurdity of it is making steroids look appealing.. =D
Well, if you're losing weight you'll be losing fat but also some muscle. You build muscle when you're eating enough, generally.

I mean, it depends on what you want, losing weight will make you better in push ups & pulls ups too so... Better to just start regardless. There are tons of calisthenics programs online & they will build muscle. You can get a pull up bar online for like 20 bucks, fits over a doorframe and it will get you great back gains.

Adjustable dumbbells will be more expensive but might be worth it eventually.

Testosterone Enanthate, GYM, mostly carnivore diet and consistency. Even dialing perfectly all this it can take 2-3 good years to build muscle, so consistency s probably the key

Skateboard is my best friend when it comes to getting in shape, its not even work its fun as hell and you will be a monster in terms of cardio and the pounds will just fall off. Just going outside and popping a few ollies and kickflips and rolling around for 30 minutes or a couple hours once you get in shape in no time and you can do it anywhere and don't need a gym membership and the best part is once you start to get pretty good and can land some tricks its euphoric like a drug ever time you land something just a huge rush.

Figure out what you like to do that's fun and active. You don't have to spend much money at all necessarily, the important thing is to find something you enjoy and then it becomes natural to move and be fit, you hardly need to rely on willpower to get yourself off the couch.

I like running because you can do it anywhere and all you need is a pair of shoes. It's not a thrilling sport but it makes you feel good and its so easy to ratchet up your fitness one step at a time. It's also a great way to explore nature and cities. I also love to surf but that's not a sport that is very accessible to most people.

Maybe for you it's skateboarding, or soccer, or ju-jitsu - just find the thing you enjoy or brings you passion or excitement. You only live once.

Only problem with ju-jitsu is youre gonna run into so many clowns and wannabes and honestly its kind of gross rolling around with a bunch of sweaty balls.

I think psychedelics can really help with posture, proprioception, coordination and motivation, if used in mini or medium doses during light or moderate physical activity such as a long walk. Acid would be the primary choice i guess. I don't know your specific circumstances but people often have psychological/emotional hurdles and a disruption of default mode network can help extend the mind and body beyond a current state into new better habits, such as those you seek to implement.

I would not recommend any psychedelic during intense physical exercise, but rather as a preparatory or complementary work to connect with yourself kinetically. During exercise i think weed is okay, but i'm not sure it helps.

Other than that i wish you best of luck. Getting in shape is helpful in many ways. Gotta strike a good balance between hardcore challenge and self-care. I think psychedelics may help with that too.

100 bucks a month is doable
Get a gym membership. I know you said you didn't want to but generally I find that investing money in something makes me more likely to utilise it. A good gym will have everything from cardio equipment, to free weights to machines, plus classes and trainers. Its a great investment. And using machines, while frowned upon by many of the fitness elite, is just safer (in some sense at least) and quicker.

Otoh, being able to lift at home is also great. Get dumbells, a pullup bar, an adjustable bench, maybe even a cheap squat rack. It's going to take more than a year though, but you will see gains within a matter of months. To actually look muscular and be strong will take significantly longer though.

If you want to maximise hypertrophy and avoid injuries, start slowly with just a few sets a week per muscle group, and over time add sets until you're doing somewhere between 10 and 20 sets of 8-12 reps per muscle group per week. Don't neglect your core, and don't skip leg day!

For cardio, doing a combination of low intensity and high intensity is great or if you want to minimise time spent doing this, focus on at least 1 HIIT session a week and go all out during it. I generally just use a spin bike or stair machine if I really want to torture myself.

There is a wealth of knowledge and broscience out there on this and it can be overwhelming. If you have any questions, fire away 😀

Exactly. If you shop around, $100/mo can get you in a gym. Best is to look for specials for a whole year, then you can get a membership for way under $100/mo.
Be aware that gym salesmen are notoriously predatory and they'll try to talk you out of that. Don't give them your credit card or bank account number. I worked at a gym for a year before I retired and saw a lot of that first hand.
You can do a lot at home, Make the pushups harder by putting your feet up on a chair. A jerry rigged pull up bar made by hanging a shovel handle from the beams in your basement will get you pull/chin ups. Even at a gym you'll be a while before you are pulling down over your body weight, even working for muscle mass. One legged squats. Planks. Find an incline to do sit ups on. You can do a lot to make stuff harder and go for bulk. Also, those cheap workout bands can really do a lot. They give plenty of resistance to go for bulk with smaller muscles like your biceps and triceps.
Be creative.
5-10 reps until you can't do another even though you are trying. "The point of momentary muscular failure". 7-20 reps for some bulk and endurance.
However.
There is nothing like the quick bulk and the advice you can get at a gym. Those quick returns are the best motivator there is.
And, you can maintain that at home down the road.

That's so unbelievably sweet you guys, I can see myselves going through all your projected paths, haha.

Missions is aborted though, as enticing as it was from a certain perspective.

Ringing the bells not having calculated the consequences.

That's so unbelievably sweet you guys, I can see myselves going through all your projected paths, haha.

Missions is aborted though, as enticing as it was from a certain perspective.

Ringing the bells not having calculated the consequences.

May I ask why? And why were you initially wanting to get fit in the first place?

I seriously hope you reconsider man. I can stress enough how important exercise is to me both physically and even more importantly mentally. I deal with anxiety, depression and anger if I don’t keep up with it. I know you may not, but I can promise you will seek a marked improvement in your mental health.

And in regards to psychedelics, I find they can keep me focused and motivated on continuing my exercise routine. Once you start to feel the benefits it’s hard to stop.

-GC