PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Getting ibogaine in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I have found websites that say they will ship ibogaine to the us, but it’s illegal here

What do you think the chances of getting caught and getting charges if I bought it?

I can go buy a visa gift card, and use that to order it

I want to reset my opiate tolerance, I figure regular micro doses would be good for me

I will precede this by reminding everyone that discussing the sourcing of illegal/'legally gray' substances is prohibited on Bluelight. Furthermore, Bluelight is not the place to go for legal advice, and nothing on the site should be taken as such.
What do you think the chances of getting caught and getting charges if I bought it?
There is inherently some risk of getting into legal trouble from importing scheduled compounds into the United States. At the end of the day, nobody can honestly determine how large that risk is and what the chances of you getting caught are. If you get caught, the consequences range from a letter warning you that someone shipped an illegal compound in a package addressed to you to full charges of attempting to import an illicit substance into the country. While the consequences may or may not be more likely to fall within one end of that range than the other, you have to ask yourself - are the potential consequences worth the risk?

There is also the risk that the websites themselves present. The second that you hand over your name, address, and money to a website, you are entrusting them with your information and hard-earned money and hoping that they will deliver on their end of the deal. You are trusting an unknown website when they say that they will:
  1. Send you ibogaine as opposed to a) sending you something else, or b) taking your money and giving you nothing
  2. Take proper and necessary precautions to ensure your privacy and safety
  3. Be able to import ibogaine into the United States.
You likely want to be extremely weary of ordering from any of these clearnet sites, especially if you do not know and trust anybody who has used them. With US customs, if you are dealing with a competent and honest vendor then it just comes down to luck. If you are not, then the deck is already stacked against you.
It is up to you to take the proper precautions to ensure your safety. And it is up to you to determine whether or not the inherent risk is outweighed by the benefits that would result from you obtaining ibogaine. Tread carefully here, thoroughly think any decisions you may act on through, and stay safe.

Last edited:
Ibogaine is schedule 1. Personally I have done what you're suggesting twice, and gotten lucky. But you could get in a lot of trouble if you get caught. It does just come down to the vendor, the country of origin, and luck. US customs has gotten much tighter since the pandemic. Some countries are more scrutinized than others.

Ibogaine is schedule 1. Personally I have done what you're suggesting twice, and gotten lucky. But you could get in a lot of trouble if you get caught. It does just come down to the vendor, the country of origin, and luck. US customs has gotten much tighter since the pandemic. Some countries are more scrutinized than others.
What about Canada? How scrutinized are they?

What are they worried about? A jar full of covid-23?

On second thought, this thread is a bit over the line so I'm going to close it. We don't do legal discussion at Bluelight.

I will say that ibogaine is not scheduled in Canada, or almost anywhere else in the world except the US, where they made it schedule 1 back in, I think, the 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.