• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Getting high on heroin while on methadone??

MontegaMan1369

Greenlighter
Hello. I know this has been asked ad nauseam tbh but every post I found when using the search function only concerned doses of like 30-40 mg per day so it didn’t really apply to me.

my Question is: if I’m using 90 mg of methadone everyday can I get high on heroin if IV inject it? It’s pretty damn good heroin; not the best but very good. And will the high be partial or full?

also, how many days would I have to not take my methadone dose (after taking 90 mg per day for months) before the blocking effect was totally gone?

I got a buddy who is on 70 mg per day and he gets so high he nods off standing up and slurs his words after shooting just one bag.

P. S. This is a harm reduction forum so please don’t flame me for this. If you have a problem with what I’m doing for some reason than please just don’t answer.

to everyone else, thank you in advance for your help.
It’s greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes you can get high. Your overdose risk will be greatly increased. I wouldn’t describe it as a “partial high” like when on suboxone and the receptors are being blocked.

It’s a subdued high, your rush will be diminished, your somnolence will be enhanced. But overall, the tolerance you’ve built up and the methadone that’s been circulations for months makes the overall experience about the same as if you were just to take more methadone.

I shoot fent on top of my 150 mg dose. I can a little rush (most of the time). It does feel better than methadone alone but not nearly as good as fent or h by itself.

If you’re clean and doing well, I would strongly discourage you. If you’re still kind of fucking around on the street and got extra cash, go for it

Thanks. What about stopping/skipping doses? How long (how many days) would I need to skip my methadone dose to be able to get around the diminished rush/subdued high? What if I didn’t dose for like 3-4 days or I half dosed for 3-4 days and then didn’t dose at all for 1-2 days?

also, I kind of was forced/pressured onto methadone and I really dislike it a lot to be honest. I like having it for emergencies/it’s good to have around the house if you wanna use H cuz it’s like I can take it between binges and on days I can’t get money to get high etc. but as far as taking it everyday long term I’m really not around for that at all.

I’m probably gonna either wait to start getting take homes and then save them for this purpose or I’m gonna get off/leave the clinic entirely and just buy someone else’s take homes for this purpose.

How long after I stopped methadone and/or started taking it very infrequently/irregularly and at a much lower dose at that would it take to not screw up my rush or “subdue” my high anymore?

This one counselor at my clinic told me that methadone after a number of months over 70 mg per day alters the brain and it becomes unable to feel much of anything from opiates/opioids at all for like years if ever again at all. I fucking hope this is not true and is a scare tactic; either way I’m coming off (at least mostly) very soon. I regret methadone sooooo much tbh.

P. S. I used to be on the sublocade injection (once monthly subcutaneous buprenorphine AKA “suboxone” injection that kept buprenorphine in your system at 12-16 mg per day around the clock for months). Even on this injection/implant I was able to get rather high and I even got a very good/euphoric rush as well. It was more than good enough to be worth it. The rush and the level/intensity to which I was high was diminished a little bit of course but the only real noticeable thing was the duration of time that I was high; it was noticeably shorter time I was high between injections. Will the methadone you think screw with my high even more than that? Less so? Or about the same?

thank you guys I know these questions are a lot and also are probably stupid/nonsensical to a lot of you but they’re not to me and I just need to know the answers for harm reduction and for peace of mind and I really appreciate how much you guys are helping me. I just regret this methadone/suboxone shit so much.

Thank you so much for your help and for your time.

Last edited:
Thanks. What about stopping/skipping doses? How long (how many days) would I need to skip my methadone dose to be able to get around the diminished rush/subdued high? What if I didn’t dose for like 3-4 days or I half dosed for 3-4 days and then didn’t dose at all for 1-2 days?

also, I kind of was forced/pressured onto methadone and I really dislike it a lot to be honest. I like having it for emergencies/it’s good to have around the house if you wanna use H cuz it’s like I can take it between binges and on days I can’t get money to get high etc. but as far as taking it everyday long term I’m really not around for that at all.

I’m probably gonna either wait to start getting take homes and then save them for this purpose or I’m gonna get off/leave the clinic entirely and just buy someone else’s take homes for this purpose.

How long after I stopped methadone and/or started taking it very infrequently/irregularly and at a much lower dose at that would it take to not screw up my rush or “subdue” my high anymore?

This one counselor at my clinic told me that methadone after a number of months over 70 mg per day alters the brain and it becomes unable to feel much of anything from opiates/opioids at all for like years if ever again at all. I fucking hope this is not true and is a scare tactic; either way I’m coming off (at least mostly) very soon. I regret methadone sooooo much tbh.

P. S. I used to be on the sublocade injection (once monthly subcutaneous buprenorphine AKA “suboxone” injection that kept buprenorphine in your system at 12-16 mg per day around the clock for months). Even on this injection/implant I was able to get rather high and I even got a very good/euphoric rush as well. It was more than good enough to be worth it. The rush and the level/intensity to which I was high was diminished a little bit of course but the only real noticeable thing was the duration of time that I was high; it was noticeably shorter time I was high between injections. Will the methadone you think screw with my high even more than that? Less so? Or about the same?

thank you guys I know these questions are a lot and also are probably stupid/nonsensical to a lot of you but they’re not to me and I just need to know the answers for harm reduction and for peace of mind and I really appreciate how much you guys are helping me. I just regret this methadone/suboxone shit so much.

Thank you so much for your help and for your time.
Dude, I apologize in advance for the bluntness of this question, but are you trying to kill yourself?
I understand you want to get high, but why not just stop the methadone altogether? I was on it for 3 years and that was about 15 years ago. Since then I have OD’d on dope twice (never did before the methadone, I’ve no idea if it’s related) and absolutely got high many times from heroin, oxy’s and whatever other opioid I could get my hands on. Just be careful, that’s all. I am extremely against mixing any drugs because doing that almost killed me several times. You just never know how those chemicals will react in your body, and each person is completely different from the next as far as that goes. What kills one person might not do anything for another. Stay safe my friend

Yes I know. And I appreciate the reply honestly instead of just an insult or something I really do, seriously.

I am asking for just that reason really, harm reduction/safety. I just want to make sure I know if it’s possible or not before even attempting it; how much should be used, what to expect, etc. etc.
those kinds of things.

I see you say you were able to get high, that’s a relief to me lol. The overdoses you experienced were probably because of the fentanyl that’s in dope now IMO.

also, since I posted I’ve gone and talked to a few people and I got a couple friends on 120 mg of methadone per day and they say they get pretty damn high still when they shoot dope. Not 100% but still pretty damn good. That makes me happy lol.

they also told me that to skip doses to get to a point where I can feel the dope as if I’m not on any methadone I would need to skip at least 3 days, preferably between 3-5 days really. To anyone who does this does this sound about right to you? I wonder if anything would happen if I if I took roughly only half my dose for like 3 days and then totally skipped my dose only for like 2 days? Anything?

I ask really because I think this is the main tactic I’m gonna use for awhile anyways. The tactic of periodic skipping of my dose for a few days at a time and then bingeing for a bit than back on. On and off, on and off. At least until I can get off the methadone.

thank you sincerely for answering my questions. I know their kinda ridiculous and I don’t mean to piss anyone off or anything it’s just that I know I’m impulsive (that’s an understatement lol) and if I do go ahead and give into that demon calling I don’t want to wind up doing anything too stupid.

thanks again.

Yes I know. And I appreciate the reply honestly instead of just an insult or something I really do, seriously.

I am asking for just that reason really, harm reduction/safety. I just want to make sure I know if it’s possible or not before even attempting it; how much should be used, what to expect, etc. etc.
those kinds of things.

I see you say you were able to get high, that’s a relief to me lol. The overdoses you experienced were probably because of the fentanyl that’s in dope now IMO.

also, since I posted I’ve gone and talked to a few people and I got a couple friends on 120 mg of methadone per day and they say they get pretty damn high still when they shoot dope. Not 100% but still pretty damn good. That makes me happy lol.

they also told me that to skip doses to get to a point where I can feel the dope as if I’m not on any methadone I would need to skip at least 3 days, preferably between 3-5 days really. To anyone who does this does this sound about right to you? I wonder if anything would happen if I if I took roughly only half my dose for like 3 days and then totally skipped my dose only for like 2 days? Anything?

I ask really because I think this is the main tactic I’m gonna use for awhile anyways. The tactic of periodic skipping of my dose for a few days at a time and then bingeing for a bit than back on. On and off, on and off. At least until I can get off the methadone.

thank you sincerely for answering my questions. I know their kinda ridiculous and I don’t mean to piss anyone off or anything it’s just that I know I’m impulsive (that’s an understatement lol) and if I do go ahead and give into that demon calling I don’t want to wind up doing anything too stupid.

thanks again.
My advice is the longer you stay off methadone the more you’re going to feel any other kind of opiate. 3-5 days sounds about right, preferably 5-6, but I’d imagine at 5-6 days with nothing you will feel like complete shit. Methadone and Suboxone withdrawal are far, FAR worse than any other opioid.

And you’re right about the fentanyl. I personally will never touch heroin again for the rest of my life, it’s way too unpredictable. I was buying dope off of the same guy for 2 years, thought I’d be safe. Nope. Shit damn near killed me

Yes. the withdrawals from methadone is one of the main reasons why I regret it so much. It’s not really doing much for cravings now that I’m accustomed and I don’t want to push my dose through the roof (some guys at my clinic are on 200+ mg per day; no way!) and I can’t see how when it comes time to kick (especially if something unforeseen happens that causes me to not be able to taper for whatever reason) I don’t see how I could ever do it without having to resort to relapsing. So what’s the point.

with the fent dope; I’ve been buying H on the darknet for several years now (I don’t know if that’s a viable option for you) and the H I receive is always fent free (free of all harmful/psychoactive cuts actually) and quite high purity/quality. Might I suggest the darknet (if it’s something your able to do)?

Anyways, yeah, I think I’m gonna go ahead down the road of getting my take homes and then just skipping a day or two before going in to the clinic to re up my take homes and skipping another couple of days after (so like 3-4 days or as long as I can stand whichever comes first lol) and then using/binging and then going back on until the next re up/skip dose/binge cycle. Not really the healthiest choice I know but I might as well use this methadone for some kind of positive (in my eyes) purpose as long as I’ve got it.

thank you for your help/answers and I hope everything turns out great for you as well.
Again, one last time I’d like to recommend the darknet, not just for heroin but for everything tbh. Everything I’ve ever bought on there, no matter what it was, was of vastly superior quality/purity (as long as you do your homework beforehand to ensure your not dealing with shiesty people; it is a ripe environment for scam artists and assholes as well no doubt).

thank you again.
It’s all much appreciated.

Unfortunately unless you're doing fent dope you probably won't feel much of anything when trying to break through methadone. At least that is my experience. I never tried after fent came along but with H I would usually feel next to nothing when trying to get high. The people who are saying you still get a good high while on 120mgs have to be taking fent, which has a lot stronger affinity for the receptor when compared to heroin. Be careful my friend.

Yes they are getting high like same day at 120 mg. How long would you think I gotta skip my doses to get high on heroin with no fent in it? The 3-4 (maybe 5) days mentioned earlier? Longer?

also. I’m on 90 mg per day. Is there like a “magic number” or something dose wise beyond which you can’t get high that well (at least not the same day or two after dosing) but below that dose your good to go? I wanna say I heard such a thing about the 60mg-70mg range but I honestly can’t recall at this point (hence this thread).

thank you again.
Greatly appreciate the help.

Yes they are getting high like same day at 120 mg. How long would you think I gotta skip my doses to get high on heroin with no fent in it? The 3-4 (maybe 5) days mentioned earlier? Longer?

also. I’m on 90 mg per day. Is there like a “magic number” or something dose wise beyond which you can’t get high that well (at least not the same day or two after dosing) but below that dose your good to go? I wanna say I heard such a thing about the 60mg-70mg range but I honestly can’t recall at this point (hence this thread).

thank you again.
Greatly appreciate the help.

If you do that, 36+ hours, the first time you'll feel it, but it might be just relief instead of high. After that it gets iffy. I got on mtd back when I was abusing 5mg pills. After a couple years, I was sick of the clinics and quit one day. Years later I was still drinking way too much, my brain couldn't be consistently happy so I'd go off the deep end often. Then I got in an accident and have watched my prescription increase steadily for 3 years, my abuse grow until half a months supply at once wasn't helping and I found heroin. That grew into double digits daily. I'm trying to get my pain doc to switch me to methadone right now hoping to save what's left of my life. Maybe enough to salvage it even. I've only got 3 roads here and 2 are fatal. I'd give anything to be able to follow my prescription correctly, let alone get off it safely. Good luck man. I hope things work to your satisfaction.