• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Getting bored of withdrawal

Dutch80

Bluelighter
Hi I'm Dutch 80

I've been on tramadol now for six years, and over the last year i have been in and out of wd at least once a month, I was 12 days clean up to 10 days ago when I got some tramadol and hit it hard for 10 days so I'm now 51 hrs into wd again lol, surprisingly I slept a full 8 hours last night which I'm shocked about, as from experience it's usually day 3 or 4 before sleep comes....so here we go again.

Tbh I can get tramadol again on Monday but if I take them I'll be in the same position again after a week when they're all gone. I need to be ready to stop for good and tbh I don't no if I am.

Do you think your body/mind becomes conditioned to withdrawal which makes it easier as time goes on, or you just no what to expect?

I would have to say a resounding no to that last question. If anything, I think withdrawal gets worse.

Really? I'm not saying the experience is enjoyable only I'm not shocked at the way I feel, I know what makes it easier to cope.

The thing that always gets me is, I'd say to myself " I would be 3 or 4 weeks clean now if I hadn't been a dick and started using again" always gets me, but then I'd get high again and forget all about it until withdrawal time again, then repeat.

I actually have withdrawal routines lol, making sure I have everything I need for the coming days.

So I must be conditioned to it in some way.

12 days is the best I have managed in 6 years, I'll be feeling fine until I no I can get trams then my body tells me I need them, the brain is a strange creature.

My best bet is to get bored with it like I did with all other drugs but ATM I just enjoy the fucking things to much.

Hey Dutch-

It gets old quick. And I agree w aihfl - we also have alot of experience with relapsing. Quite unfortunately.

Like w everything else, experience is a teacher. So I know what's going to happen. What I need, etc.

In no way shape or form, has it become more tolerable. If I even use for a couple days I experience w/d. If I go on a 10 day tear--- it's bad. And mentally, it's like I can't take it anymore.

I'm in the process of taking Subutex. I feel your pain.

Tramadol withdrawal headaches are bad . At about 12 hrs that serotonin boost leaves and wham the headache sets in .

I have never suffered from headaches during wd, my main symptoms are sore legs, my eyes look and feel funny, hot flashes, rls, can't hold a conversation and feeling lefargic.... probably general wd symptoms but I've found ways of coping as I've been through it so many times.... Big thing that helps me is taking the dog out for walks, good for the soul.

^oops.

I got really bad w/d headaches from Xanax and fioricet. Sickening, unrelenting 72hr headaches.

Hang in there Dutch. I hope you somehow resist getting more tramadol. I understand how difficult it is not to get something when you're able to.

Another full night's sleep.... what's going on this isn't the norm... second night clean after 10 day binge, I was expecting worse.... currently 73 hrs since my last dose.

The possibility of more tramadol tomorrow is giving me butterflies in my stomach, I hate that it's like the only thing I get excited about now.

That is really strange!! I mean that you are able to sleep! But, you know the saying- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm happy that you can sleep as that helps alot mentally (well physically too). Sleep deprivation is not helpful.

I hear you Dutch. My turn is coming Tuesday. I'll be able to get dope. I m going to plan things to do to prevent that.

Hope you're having a good day.

Having a pretty good day to be fair, legs are a bit sore just....

Tomorrow is the day for more tramadol.....to take or not to take ffs, it just makes things easier taking the fucking things, I blast through a day at work when high then home and it's just fun getting high in the evening.

I say all the time that taking a few pills well 4, is my glass of wine, that's how I unwind, just wish they came without baggage ffs.

When I'm taking them I'm committed, it's like 12 to 14 50mg tabs a day....that's alot of wine lol

Never leave any for taper don't see the point as I take them for fun.

Possibly doing it wrong.

Be careful with that dose . They can cause seizures at doses over 400mg . When I took them I could never feel the opiate in them , but I would only take 1 or 2 50mgs at a time. I would get this strange feeling in my sinuses and lots of energy . I have talked to others about their euphoria. Some love them and some don't get what they expect from them. I hope you can stay away from them . Have a good day .

I've taken tramadol ffs, it's just a vicious circle... next time I run out that's it, I've had enough of this now.

I no I'll not stop if I've got some in the house and I won't flush them but if I run out early one more time which is inevitable that's it done.

I'll have to start drinking again at the weekends instead of this, and I can't smoke weed, as an adult I've to many worries and weed just makes it worse.

What else can one do at the weekend/evening to unwind?

Dam you tramadol for being so addictive

What else can one do at the weekend/evening to unwind?
A rehab therapist told me the worst enemies of sobriety is unstructured time and by extension isolation. I'm not a huge fan of 12 step meetings but they do serve a purpose in that is one hour where you're around other people and aren't thinking about using. Also, what did you enjoy doing before the tramadol took hold? Any chance of re-immersing yourself in past or present hobbies, preferably with like-minded friends? I sympathize because I'm struggling with the same problems.

Cheers mate..... before tramadol I was a big social drinker but I've went off drinking really as the last 6 years have been spent taking tramadol.

After the birth of my son it was easy to take tramadol, no hangover extra energy and I could still drive.

Tried drinking during the 12 days off tramadol, it was ok but dam it made me sleepy, I was out cold on the sofa at 7.30.

Dutch, I, like you, used to be a big social drinker before my opiate use and cut back significantly when I started using opiates. Once I discovered opes, I could go out and have 1 to 2 beers like a normal person (not binge drink like I did so much in the past), still feel good, and go home and feel great the next day. Then, once my addiction got worse and worse and eventually led to heroin, not so much. I would take a brutal hangover from booze over opiate wd any day now.

Well the inevitable has happened and I've ran out of tramadol, it's going to be 5 days before I can get more, so that was 5 days off then 4 days on so hopefully it won't be to bad.

I better just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

If only I could stay off the dam things.