• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Getting Benzo prescription UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax42

Greenlighter
Hey all, been a lurker for a while and have had a good search & read over the past few weeks on this subject and looking for some more upto date info on this subject.

I tend to ramble quite a bit so it will be hard to get across all the information and will more than likely turn into a lengthy post on my part ;)

Long story short I have dabbled in drugs over the years but after returning from abroad with parents (we're I stopped smoking weed etc) have stopped. However I've started smoking green now and then but need to stop when staying with parents and am looking to stop drinking also as that does me no good. Downside was I used them to help me cope with social situations like going out with friends etc.

I have been seeing a doctor about my anxiety and had been seeing a psychiatrist last year. I am now looking to get medication for helping me, have been to the GP a few times over the past month, managed to get some zopiclone prescribed for a week to help me sleep but that was only short term.

As per usual the doctor is wanting me to try other drugs than benzos, had discussed with them that I heard benzos can be good for certain situations etc I I had been on fluoxetine before but I didn't feel it helped and that was before moving abroad and I then stopped it whilst abroad as I ended up in hospital not being able to pee for over a day due to shy bladder and the doctor there thinks it might have been the cause and recommended I stop taking it. Have been to the GP today and got some sertraline for now as despite saying I don't want to go down road of SSRI's they think this might be good as it's a new one >.< I've heard that it can have bad side effects and that if I stipulate this to the GP it could be possible to get benzos instead? I would be looking to get benzos to use for certain situations when required.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Anything else you guys want to know just shoot!

Thanks in advance,
Jax

Hello Jax42. Welcome to Bluelight, it's great to have you aboard our ship of fools. Now, if you're looking for specific avenues to be prescribed Benzodiazepines, that's not something we do. How to manipulate or effectively deceive prescribers is definitely something that we shy away from here.

^This
Please read the rules.
4) NO ASKING WHAT TO SAY TO DOCTORS TO GET CERTAIN DRUGS.
Anything besides the truth is scamming, and we don't condone scamming doctors. This goes for any type of medication that is imaginable
I'll close the thread now, if you re-phrase your question so it doesn't violate the rules anymore PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.