• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Getting a numb throat from Cocaine

Brendan12

Bluelighter
Hi.. I don't do Cocaine often, but whenever I do.. it feels like my throat is getting clogged and my air passageway gets obstructed..

Is this just from the numbing agents of the Coke? Or am I alergic?

I CAN bare it but it's very uncomfortable.. when this is going I wouldn't dream of doing anymore which would likely make it worse..

I just kind of ignore the sensation..

It's not bad enough that I think I'm going to die or anything like that but still worth asking this question^..

Also the high I get isn't like what the other people feel.. It kind of makes my body feel numb..

I'm still interested in doing a line every once in a while.. but figured I should ask.. check my bases etc

Hey Brendan! What you're experiencing is pretty normal actually. Cocaine is a potent local anesthetic. Given that you're insufflating the Cocaine and it is ending up in your upper sinuses and eventually, your throat, it stands to reason that you might experience some numbness.

It shouldn't be anything to worry about in and of itself, but if it truly makes you uncomfortable:, you can always refrain from using Cocaine.

Cool man, thanks for your input.. definitely gonna try cocaine again.. spechally with some hot chick I'm interested in.. ;)

Cool man, thanks for your input.. definitely gonna try cocaine again.. spechally with some hot chick I'm interested in.. ;)

Yes. You'll find that sex and Cocaine go well together. I just have to say, Cocaine is not an entirely safe drug. You will inevitably run into cutting agents that may or may not be safe.

Cocaine puts a lot of stress on the cardiovascular system. The local anesthetic effect of the drug actually works by constricting blood supply to the applied area. This can eventually lead to tissue death, like holes in your sinus.

I dont wand to rain on the parade, but I do want you to have the facts!

You should feel fortunate you are getting a numb throat... the "cocaine" in my area a;lmost never has any numbing properties. Which means it's not (or is barely) coke. This seems quite common, at least in the US.

That's a fact, and post-Covid it's even worse.

I've never felt like my throat was closing though, even with product cut with benzocaine or lidocaine or boric acid or baking soda or whatever other garbage they put in there to intensify the numbing effect.

I have done pretty good coke a number of times, many years ago, but the one time I had really good coke, a friend's friend gave me 2 bumps, one per nostril, with a tiny spoon, had to have been 15-20mg max in each nostril. It dissolved almost instantly and made my whole face and throat numb, and I had about an hour of the most lovely, natural feeling of euphoria and grace, I had been having a rough time at a new music festival on a head full of acid, wandering for 3 hours without seeing anyone I knew (at night)... it totally turned my night around, I suddenly wanted to talk to everyone and felt no anxiety whatsoever anymore, after I came down I still felt turned around, too, had a blast the rest of the night/morning.

Ah, yeah, when I was reading your post it did bring up some good memories of times it did make my throat feel like it was closing a bit. The good old days...

4n5h4f4zng641.jpg

Yeah the numbing effect is a good sign uve got "good" coke but then again dealers can just use numbing agents to mimic the numbing effect like Benzocaine or Procaine so I dunno. Does it make any of ur teeth go numb as well? If it does then that is a very good sign!

No, no teeth numb. But when I rub a little on my gums it def goes numb..

Also fyi she said she had really good coke and it was expensive..

Lol.. I wouldn't get a kit.. prolly couldn't afford one anyway..

Theres something pure in my opinion on taking things by faith..

The call of the wild so to speak!

the "cocaine" in my area a;lmost never has any numbing properties. Which means it's not (or is barely) coke. This seems quite common, at least in the US.
Oh that sucks brother ... I'm in Argentina and recently I bought 1gr of cocaine after a long time (very expensive by the way) but they gave it to me directly from the brick, how delicious that shit, it passed so clean, that characteristic smell of the cocaine, which numbs but not so much, with a euphoric rise and a not so uncomfortable fall ... I would buy again if it weren't for the fact that I'm broken

Yeah the numbing effect is a good sign uve got "good" coke but then again dealers can just use numbing agents to mimic the numbing effect like Benzocaine or Procaine so I dunno. Does it make any of ur teeth go numb as well? If it does then that is a very good sign!

It does not numb, it hurts like hell sometimes in my front teeth and I feel exactly it comes from the nose. I hate it. But it was always good stuff.

JJ

A lot of people assume that stronger numbing = better coke, but cocaine is actually not a super strong anesthetic... sure it is a numbing agent but in comparison lidocaine is much stronger. I find that cocaine tends to have a more localized numbing effect too, if you rub a little on your gums it should only numb the area it's applied to, not your whole mouth.

If your "cocaine" lacks a local anesthetic effect it's not cocaine...

They make great tests kits (cheap) that can tell you not only if it’s coke, but the general purity of it.

Where? I've heard they are enormously inaccurate and nothing tells you if it's cocaine, besides the Scott test the police use, which I'm not sure how to even get and even those aren't 100% definitive. I'm pretty sure lab gc/ms is the best and only way, and there are a couple I know of for sure in the US. One is semi-pricey, though.

The "Scott test" (cobalt thiocyanate) is actually a pretty poor diagnostic for cocaine, it is known to produce false positives on many other compounds, such as lidocaine, diphenhydramine, methadone, etc. [ref]

I'm pretty sure lab gc/ms is the best and only way
Thin layer chromatography (TLC) is a cheaper option. I think a method could even be developed using paper chromatography...

Thin layer chromatography (TLC) is a cheaper option

Do you know where this option might be available for the average person? I've been trying to find something economical myself, especially with the hit or miss cocaine since the pandemic. Luckily, it's been good for a week, but it would be nice to know for the future.

The supplies for doing TLC analysis are not restricted in any way, look at laboratory supply stores,especially those catering to hobbyist chemists.

To do an analysis you need the TLC plate (a thin aluminum sheet with a coating of silica or alumina treated with a short-wave-UV fluorescent dye), an appropriate solvent mixture, and either a UV light or some sort of stain (either a nonspecific one like vanillin/sulfuric acid, iodine vapor, potassium permanganate, phosphomolybdic acid, etc - or a color-changing reagent like Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Simons, etc).

The total cost for such a setup is probably no more than $200 or so, tops. If you are patient enough to watch auction sites like LabX or eBay (you'd be suprised the sort of lab equipment that is resold) you may be able to get it much cheaper.

For a quick overview, watch:

(note that they use a dip to stain the TLC plate, but a spray can be used too)