• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting a driver's permit, Drug testing?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I was just pondering getting my Junior Driver's Permit, and went over with myself that it's completely unacceptable to be under any sort of the influence of drugs while driving (And if anyone could give me their opinion on driving on amphetamine, because I couldn't convince myself that it's a bad idea, but also can't get myself to think it's an okay one either). I then realized that, if I was going to take my driver's test and get my permit, would they screen me for drugs? If so, does anyone know what type of test they use? Urine? Hair? I looked this up and only found sites telling me about alcohol and driving.

The only reason I even want my licence is to go around looking for ECA stacks for energy that's both legal and not an adenosine receptor antagonist (Curse you, amazing but terrible caffeine), because apparently they're btc and you need govt. issued identification for purchase.

You should be fine if you're in the US, as drug testing for a non-CDL drivers license isn't required.

FWIW I was high as hell on meth when I took the actual behind the wheel test and I passed fine. This was about 15 years ago though.

FWIW I was high as hell on meth when I took the actual behind the wheel test and I passed fine. This was about 15 years ago though.

Hey, it's always worth something to hear stories. Wisdom is made in others through sharing things like that :)

As far as I'm aware, there are no states yet that require drug testing for a non-commercial operating license.

I wasn't tested when I was getting my license in NY. But I will say, despite me doing it all the time Adderall does tend to make me drive pretty recklessly and exponentially increases my road rage.