• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Get Your Drugs Tested!

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations,

Anyone heard of Dana Larsen's recent "Harm Reduction" proposal??

Ideally the recent "Get Your Drugs Tested" campaign should have originated from our federal government itself and even include Before/After vaporizer comparisons as an option (in a context where cannabis can be analyzed with sufficient precision), eventually... That way consumers would gain convenient access to safety information which also accounts for their prefered Consumption Method(s): for example i might wish to join cotton filters (from my vaporist pipe) to an SQdC sample in order to evaluate quality, on top of that device's true "Harm Reduction" potential.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Agreed, we need access to reliable testing outfits not only for HR evaluation, as you say, but also to screen for contaminants, or mis-represented extracts, etc.
I hear the Netherlands has such labs available.
Canada should follow!

Salutations DrumTripper,

...screen for contaminants, or mis-represented extracts, etc.

In the case of Hexo/Hydropothecary and partners/competitors it seems to me the expression "mis-represented" sounds like some sweet euphemism:

[ https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ca...d-medical-marijuana-patients-are-looking-for/ ]
G&M: Mysterious symptoms and medical marijuana: patients are looking for answers (2017-Aug-19)

For example it turns out heat converts myclobutanil into toxic compounds including a schedule-3 poison listed on the Chemical Weapons Convention as hydrogen cyanide!

:eek:

Yet despite sustained though modest efforts searching for hints of BANNED "soups" i never found this lengthy article until very recently. Instead here's the version i got at the time, between Christmass and new year's eve:

[ http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-medical-marijuana-supply/article33443887/ ]
Globe & Mail: Canadians not told about banned pesticide found in medical pot supply (2016-Dec-29)

Indeed spider mites and powdery mildew are common risks when dealing with large INDOOR cultivation... ☣

Perhaps the problem's root is just that, a bigot prohibitionist desire to vilify cannabis much further by containing "legal" mari-caca plants in prison, so to speak. Meanwhile myclobutanil (which shouldn't even be tolerated at all IMHO!) actually appears on this document published by our federal Minister of Health:

[ https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/p...ts/cannabis-testing-pesticide-list-limits.pdf ]
Mandatory cannabis testing for pesticide active ingredients - List and limits

So i gather if levels are below those "legal" limits then it's now OKay to submit medical patients to chronic mass self-poisoning... ☠

At that point i'd rather try my luck with an artisan i can trust to grow real "bio", or even cultivate it on my own private balcony if that didn't expose me to eviction!

Should i ever be implied into similar "LP" wrong-doing i'd quite likely face imprisonment that's meant to teach me the basics of "organized crime" for some long time! But what really disgusts me right now is the total/perpetual void of politicians (& friends) with genuine common sense when it comes to those matters, less than 3 months from the next federal elections.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Yep, I bought 1 gram of federal weed. I actually far prefer the traditional/illegal weed. Gov cannabis is dry, tasteless, and now it appears, loaded with pesticides. Nice. Combine governments’ shoddy weed supplies with Monsanto genetic manipulation, and we could be in for some strange stuff in the years to come. Grow on your porch, I say! Just make sure no one can see the plants from the street!

Salutations DrumTripper,

Yep, I bought 1 gram of federal weed.

That helps, otherwise it might be viewed as a lack coherence to criticize in absence of 1st-hand experience, though i wouldn't want to repeat the test a hundred time simply to sound statistically significant!...

;)

I actually far prefer the traditional/illegal weed.

What's most precious with non-LP cannabis is that we can evaluate quality while simultaneously negociating with a skilled artisan who actually consumes his own grow, which is one basic characteristic of "stoner"/"droÿé" socio-culture that paves the way to a relationship based on mutual trust. This is a striking contrast when compared to the "legal" stores where it's all denied In The Name Of Children...

Gov cannabis is dry, tasteless, and now it appears, loaded with pesticides.

Which is consistent with a Victorian-age tradition of blatant lies and manipulations going back to Québec's 1890 "Pharmacy Act" classification of "Indian Hemp"/"Cannabis sativa L." as "Poison", besides arsenic and cyanure (...), nonetheless partly in conformity with Canada's confederation of 1867 until a "brave" federal Liberal politician with medical background (!) performed the UNLILATERAL TRANSFER of a PROVINCIAL COMPÉTENCE in total denial of our democratic institutions. In addition lets also keep in mind that cannabis was essentially a non-issue in such days! Then, thanks to a slow but steady piling of even more twisted socio-toxic politic strategies, Harper's governement eventually ceased control of production which culminated with its sterilization by atomic radio-active ionizing rays, e.g. performing the ultimate form of vilification by promoting the destruction aroma/taste hints in hope to scare away consumers, in behalf of canuck youth...

Constitutional or not, whatever "regulation" we got today it feels tragically unreasonable, not to mention that nuclear irradiation still leaves behind dead mold/insects (including their toxins and poop), m'well unless it's washed away somehow! Evidently this much industrial-grade processing can only cause further vilification IMO as that's a win-win scenario for bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists who enjoy the idea that we become self-vilifying vectors ourselves. Helping to finance their evil predatory system as a bonus!

?

There's nothing trivial with a pesticide as myclobutanil: it happens that the prefered consumption method being combustion most users actually mask its presence, which says a lot about this government's sense of honesty, fairplay and proportionality. Briefly put "legal" quality inspires ZERO trust and i believe it was a fundamental aspect of MiniHarper's reform: to change the traditional image of cannabis once considered to be the safest buzz around besides LSD. In other words, the main ingredients sold at outlets as the SQdC is fear+suspicion, on top of overpricing+overtaxation. Which might prove clever if teenagers didn't actually live in a world of networked communications...

?

Now if we consider the time, resources and public money put at this government's disposal it should sound quite grotesque (if not obscene) to expect anything different than a programmed failure (seeking trojan-horse/decoy objectives anyway).

Combine governments’ shoddy weed supplies with Monsanto genetic manipulation, and we could be in for some strange stuff in the years to come.

It has become increasingly depressing to follow "the news" via mass-media channels but i vaguely recall that after their promise to offer us "kosher" grades Hexo/Hydropothecary eventually announced investment into some partnership focussed on micropropagation:

[ globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/16/1441421/0/en/Hydropothecary-partners-with-Segra-to-scale-up-production-in-preparation-for-cannabis-legalization.html ]
GNW: Hydropothecary partners with Segra to scale-up production in preparation for cannabis legalization (2018-Mar-16)

« Segra’s expertise and unique tissue culture technique will allow Hydropothecary to increase its yield of healthy, top-quality plants to serve the growing medical and recreational cannabis markets. ... This process replaces traditional cloning from mother plants with rapid, sterile production of robust and healthy plantlets. It generates exact copies of the original plant without the risk of pathogens, fungi, and other issues that can plague other industrial-scale production processes. ... Segra is a plant biotechnology company that specializes in industrial-scale cannabis plant micropropagation. The company is developing industrial-scale cannabis micropropagation laboratories to produce healthy, robust plantlets for licensed cannabis producers globally. »

Correct me if wrong but this seemed to justify further expenses over dust-free white "cleanrooms" actually compatible with GMO transgenic engineering...

And of course our obcessed politicans would probably support introduction of "legal" Bio-Markers as well, to tighten up control thanks to a "trusted/award-winning" industry that conveniently forgot about all plants living in synergy with their environment, e.g. in complex cooperation with many other lifeforms (the contrary of sterile)...

So, grow on your porch indeed, if you can! Though i'd expect true legalisation to be inclusive instead of serving the lucky few, "legal" or now "criminal" on the land of cap'tain Itnoc.

As generations pass it shall become increasingly impossible to dismantle their socio-toxic onion-shaped "legal" contraption, based on a non-elected power kernel existing outside our democratic space. While the United Nations basic strategy boils down to "sour the milk", in order to render cannabis unpalatable...

Which translates as plain infantilization of decent/responsible adults IMHO.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited: