• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Get myself addicted to fentanyl rather than methadone before going to detox

idgafff

Greenlighter
I am currently addicted to methadone. I take 80mgs a day and I am so sick of this crap. PLEASE no replies trying to talk me out of this plan because you have no idea how much I've been theough trying to kick this and I really don't think you'd enjoy reading about it. Anyway, I have access to large amounts of fentanyl nasal spray. I really want to go to inpatient and kick this crap but methadone withdrawals last a ridiculous amount of time, whereas fentanyl, with a MUCH shorter half life, should have a much shorter withdrawal period. Now finally, here's the question: how long would I need to use fentanyl in place of methadone for my body to become fully dependent on the fentanyl rather than the methadone? Because that's the amount of time I'm going to use fentanyl as maintenance before checking into detox. If anyone can help me with methadone to fentanyl conversion rates that would be nice, too. I have a friend looking into that aspect for me but I would appreciate any extra input. Btw you'll prolly want to know how big I am and stuff right? Well I'm 6ft tall, in "average" shape (200lbs, wear size 34 jeans). I've got an "average" amount of body fat, I guess.

I've kicked high dose methaodne oncxe in my past (5-6 years ago) 105mg, worst of withdrawals lastyed 1.5 months, with lingering withdrawa;s for another 2 months. I'd say you'd have to be using for 3 months.

Back when Acetyl Fent was big I had 500g of it and went fullblown fent junkie on it. started doing .2 a day and ended pff at 6-7 grams a day within 3 weeks. my friends were ODing off .1 and I was smashing half grams every 40 hour to not get sick. Fentanyl is the worst choice because tolerances skyrockets so fast you cant catch it. and the sickness is way scarier. Ive detoxd of most opioids and fent was the worse I got so delusional and some hallucinations. It was messed up, thats not something you want combined with dope sickness. Shgit gets real hards real quick. But your choice.,

To answer your question though, you'd have to use for 3 months or so to get past the done withdrawals./ It would be smarter to taper your methadone down to 30 then switch to amid length opiod like oxy. switching from 80 to fent is just retrarded death wish

http://m.globalrph.com/?url=http://www.globalrph.com/opioidconverter2.htm&utm_referrer=#2981 here's an opioid conversion calculator. I wouldn't recommend using fentanyl for withdrawal. Have you looked into kratom?
I like his suggestion on Kratom, if you taper down to 30mg then jump to kratom life will be alot easier, when I detoxed off done the first time after the first month i started using kratom periodically to get up and get things done and it would take away my sickness for a few hours (mind you that was after a monyth of sickness)

I dont wann REAd about you in the obits though so I wont tell you its okay to abuse fent in replacement for done since it would take so much and I doubt your fent is pure since its a black-market variety.

I did exactly what you are suggesting except it was to get off of suboxone and go cold turkey from the fent. It was much easier than withdrawing from suboxone which i had also previous experienced. I imagine methadone is even worse to WD from.

I tapered down to about 3 mcg/hr patch size then went cold turkey. It wasn't very bad at all. didn't even really get sick just didn't sleep for 4 days and had bad anxiety.

the time release mechanism of the patches made this possible...if you are dealing with pure fent i don't think this will work

I went thru the entire cycle, ended up on fentanyl.

My best advice, DO NOT CHOSE FENTANYL! It is the worst option, trust me on that one. Unless u like not getting high anymore, shooting your tolerance to unseen heights, being passed out/knocked out all the time from it, and can no longer function at all, until u almost die.

If that sounds good to u, then go for it. I was ok on opiates for a long time, then i went that route, and it went downhill FAST. That road ends no where good. Trust a dude who went there!

Probably the ONLY scenario where i would agree methadone is better than tho.

Oh yeah, and if someone says that will help u get off methadone, can taper, or whatever, don't buy it. Probably less likely doing that than having some coke and not binging on it.

I was smoking/snorting pure fent powder, doctors said i would have been dead in another week or so, and i actually believe them. Shit is no joke, don't do it, it is NOT better or a better way to go to get off ANYTHING, unless u r trying to get off being on this earth.

Oh, last thing? Withdrawl from fent? Yeah, i would freak out, and i am a pretty tough guy and can take a lot. Had to be in the hospital 6 days of pure hell for that one, that was on medical assisted meds.

Only good thing that came of a fent addiction was i have never had a opiate craving since. Saw where that ended, no thank you....

Meanwhile, can't ditch Coke for the life of me. lol I'll take the Coke tho.

So yeah, DO NOT DO IT would be my advice, don't think u can find many people that will tell you, "Thank God I switched to Fentanyl!" haha

To sum it up for you in laymans terms, going to fent to get over methadone is like having a rash on your ass, then trying a constant steady kick in the nuts to solve it. I'm all for switching shit if it helps, NEVER switch to that, EVER! The dude's who has been on it are pretty clear on this, believe me, believe them, this would be the complete WORSE option to take.

I now miss the good old opiate days. Could take a few pills have a nice buzz. Switched the fent, then i could take 50 pills a day, or 20 pure morphines, not to feel anything, but just not to get sick! BAD BAD shit man. Trust me.

I did exactly what you are suggesting except it was to get off of suboxone and go cold turkey from the fent. It was much easier than withdrawing from suboxone which i had also previous experienced. I imagine methadone is even worse to WD from.

I tapered down to about 3 mcg/hr patch size then went cold turkey. It wasn't very bad at all. didn't even really get sick just didn't sleep for 4 days and had bad anxiety.

the time release mechanism of the patches made this possible...if you are dealing with pure fent i don't think this will work

Suboxone is the best option that involves the least amount of suffering.

if you don't already know the basics of how all the drugs you take work, start reading.

This doesn't make sense, lol.

Out of ALL opiates you're going to trade one of the most potent opioids to a MORE potent one TO KICK??

I know Methadone withdrawal is one of the hardest and most painful, but damn you're just going to make it way worse with Fentanyl.

Sure Methadone withdrawal lasts a whole lot longer.. But why don't you switch to something else that will make it easier for you and not harder?

I mean you're on your way to detox anyway so why not get a head start even?

I would personally go with Oxycodone.. It has the potency and imo Oxy is an easy opiate to kick.

Methadone is about 2-2.5x stronger than Oxycodone.. So you're on 80mg of Methadone a day.. Starting on something like 120mg of Oxy would have you easily comfortable.. Not going to feel great, but it will definitely be bearable.

Just a suggestion, good luck!

Last edited: