• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

George Michael’s generosity revealed as world mourns tragic death

poledriver

Bluelighter
George Michael’s generosity revealed as world mourns tragic death

AS George Michael’s boyfriend Fadi Fawaz told of how he found him dead in bed, reports have emerged of the superstar’s secret battle with heroin.

According to The Daily Telegraph UK, a source said over the past year he is thought to have been battling a spiralling heroin addiction.

The source also revealed that Michael had been treated in hospital for an overdose.

The source told The Daily Telegraph: “He’s been rushed to A&E on several occasions. He used heroin. I think it’s amazing he’s lasted as long as he has.”

The news comes as fans, friends and charities have paid tribute to the generosity of the pop icon who secretly donated millions to good causes.

The reclusive pop superstar died at his home on Christmas Day from suspected heart failure.

Fellow musician Sir Elton John said he was in “deep shock” at the loss of “a beloved friend”.

As the world mourned his death, one of the final pictures taken of Michael in public showed the former teen heart-throb looking bloated while dining at an Oxfordshire restaurant with friends in September this year.

The revelations come as Fawaz, his celebrity hairdresser boyfriend, posted a heartfelt tribute online. Michael and Fawaz have been together ever since his last tour of Australia back in 2010.

“Its a xmas i will never forget finding your partner dead peacefully in bed the first thing in the morning.. I will never stop missing you xx,” he wrote.

Fawaz told The Daily Telegraph UK that he and Michael had planned to spend Christmas Day together.

“We were supposed to be going for Christmas lunch. I went round there to wake him up and he was just gone, lying peacefully in bed. We don’t know what happened yet,” he told The Telegraph.

“Everything had been very complicated recently, but George was looking forward to Christmas, and so was I.

“Now everything is ruined. I want people to remember him the way he was — he was a beautiful person.”

GEORGE’S SECRET GENEROSITY

Michael, 53, had largely disappeared from the public stage in recent years but in private he was extraordinarily generous with his wealth.

The former Wham! singer donated royalties from some of his biggest hits to charity, gave a game show contestant thousands to fund IVF treatment and left a woman in a cafe £25,000 ($42,600) after overhearing her crying about debt.

Cont -

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_medium=Facebook

I always hated his music, but i gotta feel for the guy.
Fucked up old world we live in...

George Michael’s close friend says singer’s access to drugs caused his downfall

GEORGE Michael’s boyfriend has revealed further details about the death of the iconic singer, as one of his close friends told of what led to the star’s downward spiral.

Fadi Fawaz, who had been in a relationship with the 53-year-old recluse since 2011, discovered Michael’s body on Christmas morning. He had died alone at his Oxfordshire home.

“We were supposed to be going for Christmas lunch,” Fawaz told The Telegraph UK.

“I went round there to wake him up and he was just gone, lying peacefully in bed. We don’t know what happened yet.

Everything had been very complicated recently, but George was looking forward to Christmas, and so was I. Now everything is ruined. I want people to remember him the way he was — he was a beautiful person.”

Fawaz’s comments come amid unconfirmed reports Michael battled a spiralling heroin addiction. The late singer’s representative has denied the claims to The Sun.

GEORGE MICHAEL’S ‘DOWNFALL’ REVEALED

Gary Farrow, a PR chief who managed Michael’s publicity for more than 30 years, has explained what led to the singer’s downward spiral after he built up a “serious persona”.

“I believe easy access to drugs was the cause of his problems. I thought George was too bright to get involved with illegal substances. But once this disease gets hold of you it’s hard to fight it,” he told The Sun’s Grant Rollings.

“He was one of the funniest people I knew. He built up this serious persona to protect himself. He always took the mickey out of himself.

For me, with the exception of David Bowie, he was the best. He wrote, played, produced and sang his music. Not bad for a kid from Bushey. George wrote Careless Whisper on the bus when was just 17.”

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...l/news-story/bd19078865c62106cbab3aba4236243b

Last Christmas I shot up 9 times and gave you my heart and this year I'm going to take a cocktail of drugs and go some where special :(

nah

last Christmas i smoked all your crack and the very next day, you wanted it back...