• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Geodon potentiation

JackiePeyton

Ex-Bluelighter
So I have a friend who is on a very high dose of Geodon. Now her insurance is not going to cover it because it is high but it is a dose keeps her stable. In the past she has had to be hospitalized without this dose of Geodon. My question is since she is now going to try to ration her Geodon is there any way to potentiate it and is this safe at all? I know it's done with methadone to get a buzz but in this situation we are talking about attempting to keep her levels as high as they need to be. And of course there are other avenues being sought so I know this is not the best idea but I am just exploring it just to brainstorm

Sometimes if the doctor prescribing the higher than usual dose of any medicine can explain in a letter (written by the doctor) why the higher than usual dose is required, the insurance may approve and cover the higher dose. I was on 160mg of Geodon when I weighed about 270 pounds and I could not tolerate the daytime sleepiness and nighttime insomnia and was slowly decreased to 120mg, which I am taking now. Also I lost weight, 220 now! I could not imagine being on Geodon above 160mg, which is the usual maximum dose, especially if you weigh less than me.

Steve

She takes generic? You can get 60 capsules of 80mg for 70-100 bucks.

If you are going to attempt some type of potentiation through inhibition of metabolism, you need to inhibit aldehyde oxidase and CYP3A4. Cimetidine is a weak inhibitor of both and may be a good place to start as it is OTC, cheap, and would not want to start with strong inhibitors first, as you do not know exactly how much the blood levels could rise via inhibition.

Stronger inhibitors of AO include estradiol and loratidine and CYP3A4 ketoconazole.

She takes generic? You can get 60 capsules of 80mg for 70-100 bucks.

If you are going to attempt some type of potentiation through inhibition of metabolism, you need to inhibit aldehyde oxidase and CYP3A4. Cimetidine is a weak inhibitor of both and may be a good place to start as it is OTC, cheap, and would not want to start with strong inhibitors first, as you do not know exactly how much the blood levels could rise via inhibition.

Stronger inhibitors of AO include estradiol and loratidine and CYP3A4 ketoconazole.

Cimetidine is a good idea, but the stronger inhibitors seem a bit too risky

FOOD! No, really.
While many other drugs are simply "recommended" to be taken along with food, every dose of Geodon *must* be taken with a sufficient amount of food because the oral bioavailability for Geodon drops by half when taken on an empty stomach.

I guess that's why Geodone never really helped and gave me a horrible stomach ache. I never ate on it.