• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL Withdrawal

^ Jesus dude, scary stuff. Hang in there, sounds like a real nightmare...

Best of luck splatt. Hope it's all going well.

I'm finally out of my gbl / suboxone fatigue. I have been sleeping well.

campral 2 333mg at night, pregabalin 600mg-2400mg during the day and poppy pod tea sometimes.

I feel great and finally can do stuff again.

Benzos when needed are doing opkay but running low.. No idea what it will be like when I run out of those. Phenibut and a bit of alcohol definitely feels a lot like the after effects of a mini-coma dose, but without the full dopamind rebound feeling. It has helped me sleep better than I was. Dont know if Vinpocetin and 5-HTP has anything to do with it though.

So I would say tapering doses and the use of benzos and ambien on some nights, especially right at the beginning of the major withdrawal days has helped. I mean I was having 4ml doses to even feel anything first in the morning, sometimes 6mls within about 15 minutes if I used 3ml of GBL throughout the night to get back to sleep for an hour and a half. Sometimes after the morning "blow out" dose I wouldn't even be able to blow out (aus term for g sleep) dosing amounts like 6ml at a time, which might kill a newbie? or at least force them to sleep after doing psychotic shit and biting the hell out of their tongue for a few hours and waking up feeling like shit.

The only problem at the moment is it is like I have dehydrated myself for too long, no amount of water will make me feel hydratyed.

It IS a living nightmare, dooofus. I still don't understand why GHB withdrawal is not widely recognized.

Splatt, it actually sounds like you may have taken way too much doxylamine. Do you remember your dose before that experience?

Anyway, keep at it... it should be over soon. All the symptoms, including delerium and dry mouth, are typical symptoms.

I will tell you this though: one year after I stopped GHB, I had a single dose. I went right back into withdrawal. I do not recommend you ever use it again.

Hmmmm thanks for the warning.. Sad cos I did love G. Fireplay and sex is great on it... and just that early morning empoty stomach relaxation... mmmm.. bye G :(

I recognize all the isues you've got.
I just got off ghb addiction 3 weeks ago, and it was really scary.
I kicked off 3 times before and it seems like every time it gets harder and harder. I was awake for seven days, trying to get myself to sleep by taking 10 to 20ml at sometimes and i couldnt get a minute of rest. My body was shaking from the inside and i was starting to feel really psychotic..Allthough everbody around me didnt really see anything on me..i felt really worse..at day seven i started to hallucinate as a motherfucker, everytime i closed my eyes i had clear visuals and heared music..after 8hours of halucinating and thinking "relax, it will be over soon, i WILL fall a sleep at sometime (i was off ghb for 2 days at this time) I really started to panic, i had an anxiety attack and hyperventilated...and then i woke up at the hospital all fucked up and didnt understand what happened..

My father was next to me, and told me i had a epileptic attack..my tongue was all thick becaus i bited at it and he told me he thought i was dieing because i stopped breathing and halfchoking...

Thank god, i was at my dad's house when all of this happened..

I went to my dad after day 5 of not sleeping and told him everything (my ghb addiction of the last weeks) and from then off i quit usingghb and 2 days later all of this happened..

In the hospital they kept me for 2 days, giving me haldol and valium..
They gave me anough valium for one week (well.. they gave it to my father, so i wouldt abuse it)..Im now 2 weeks off everything. Still have trouble to fall asleep and to keep my sleep but every day it gets better.

Im getting physical help..becaus of anxiety problems (allthough my anxiety problems seem to tapper of to) and im going to the gym 3 times a week (something i havent done for 12 years or something)..

Im"sort-of glad to read your stories here bacaus i thought i was alone in this..couldnt believe someone else would go this far with ghb abuse..taking it every 2 hours just to feel a bit normal..It really is a vicious circle, you can't sleep without and you cannot operat normally without, so its really hard to stop when ghb has you...especially when you've got a job or you just dont want to let anyone know you became addicted..withdrawl of ghb is not something you can do at once..it takes time.

I don't know what you are stil using at this time, but you have to quit everything, get phycical help..
If you search online you'll find enough websites that say you cant get of ghb at your own, it has to be in a hospitalsetting because withdrawl of ghb can lead to death...

Last edited:
My heart goes to anyone going through G withdrawals, I wouldn't wish that upon no one, not even mr. president Bush himself.

You'll have to tough it out. It'll last sometime, but hopefully in a couple weeks or a month you'll be back to baseline. Which can be a bitch, since you will just have gone through a traumatic experience AND still have all the underlying issues that made you resort to G as an escape.

From then on, it's up to you.

MY battle ended after years, thanks to a year and a half long psychoanalysis therapy, to work through what the fuck was wrong with me that I kept doing things that I knew would end up badly. I haven't touched G in 2 years now. Had people doing it in front of me, and nada. The idea disgusts me now, plus, people on G is just fucking annoying. I can do other drugs if I like, once in a fucking blue moon, but I don't think I could ever use G again. I don't know how it would affect me if I tried a dose now. I don't think I would get addicted again, but I'm not taking that chance. Whoever went through the withdrawal process, knows what I'm talking about.

Forget about G, move on, face the underlying issues. I'm sure you'll be alright.

Hey Splatt... please update us, my friend. I am hoping to hear good news....

Well I'm off the shit. I have urges.. but Im not giving in. I am using some dodgey benzos
newval5ez2.jpg
which are apparently singapore 5mg valium but they sure as hell dont feel like it and give you a dry mouth and taste.. out of date.. lol.. and real 5mg valiums when I can source them off a friend. And drinking...

Ill probably just go back to drinking every night which is sad. I am using 5-HTP aand Vinpocetine and L-theaine to stop needing any of it, and phenibut.. but phenibut seems weird... sometimes it helps sometimes doesnt.. I just took 300mg L-theaine, 3 grams of GABA under the tongue for 10 minutes, and about to take 8 grams of Phenibut to see if this puppy knocks me out.. I've tried doses of 5 grams or so and it did, but I mixed with my last dose of G which... yeah was a pretty fucking messy experience and was also on the comedown of 15mg MDPV (used for work)

Oh.. no withjdrawal symptoms anymore... I just like benzos for getting a rest after i wake up early (due to habit to have a dose).. and then at night for drinking with.. Im pretty sure I can go off them.. tapering. But i do like them a bit too much.. Especially clonazepam when i can get it.

G WDs were the worst I ever suffered but i got through them....

I think if i have another dose ill go straight back to a 24 hour withdrawal for some reason.. just have this feeling.

I am going to start piracetam attack doses plus chloline asap, Im just seeing if the vinpocetine is doing something for me first (besides making certain colours stand out more, which is interesting)