• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids GBL to GHB worth it?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hi me hinnies. So I have 5oml of good gbl. Would it it worth getting some sodium hydroxide and converting it to GHB myself?
What's the pros/cons?

A slower, more gentle and prolonged onset of action is often considered a pro. It's also much easier to store and transport.

It's not easier to ensure accurate dosing, though, as you can just as easily add crap to GHB salts as you can water to GBL. And if you know it's all pure, then it makes no difference either way, though its actually easier to use a dropper with GBL than to bring accurate scale to weight GHB.

Yeah if inconvertidwdn it'd remain liquid right @fastandbulbous? Just an exorthermic readmction using NaOH? Also FnB you mentioned plugging dilute GBL. I'd like to try it. What's the advantages and what ratios should I use?

Personally, I've never bothered with conversion, but I do have very pure gbl. If you decide to do it, it's important to measure everything accurately. You need to add the correct quantities and check the pH at the end. If you add too much base or if there's unreacted GBL, you may need to add an acid to balance the pH. However, this step will produce additional salts, which will increase the mass of the final product (assuming you're planning to evaporate the water).

Yeah but is ghb better, really? I've had both and never really noticed a
Much of a diff except time to kick
In. Should I bother. All I do is mix with the correct ratios of NaOH right?

Yeah but is ghb better, really? I've had both and never really noticed a
Much of a diff except time to kick
In. Should I bother. All I do is mix with the correct ratios of NaOH right?
IMO gbl is better than ghb, it's stronger/hits faster and doesn't give you any extra sodium. All you got to do is dilute in a big glass of water.
To convert it you have to carry out a hydrolysis reaction in basic conditions, so with aqueous NaOH (a solution with the right amounts of base). Even if it was a exothermic reaction you might still need to heat it.
If you're not going to evaporate the water to get powdered ghb I personally don't see the point, just dilute your gbl.

Last edited:
I changed the title. Cheers. I've heard potassium hydroxide can be used for less sodium intake and a different flavor.

Yeah fuck it I can always put it say a pint if water and amdrinnk it slownandbthatd be identical to GHB right? I'll not bother and just enjoy my alloy cleaner as it is, thank you very much 🧐

Oh and I read something about toxicity of GBL. Also since it's an acid a straw might be a good idea for me teeth

Oh and I read something about toxicity of GBL. Also since it's an acid a straw might be a good idea for me teeth
Sorry I was half asleep and my last post wasn't worded right (the reaction is technically the hydrolysis of an ester, with a hydroxy group produced by NaOH or KOH in water). GBL is a cyclic ester (lactone), not an acid so there's no concern there, and even if it was, eating a salad with an acidic vinaigrette would probably be worse for your teeth.
GBL has pretty much the exact same toxicity as GHB, it gets converted almost instantly once it gets into the bloodstream. Just make sure to dilute it well as I previously said.

But don't just put a random amount in a pint of water and drink it throughout the day/night. Measure the doses precisely!

don't just put a random amount in a pint of water and drink it throughout the day/night

Yeah, just going to reiterate this. You may also forget about the drink, leave it lying around, and someone else might drink it (...this happened to a past dealer of mine who left some in OJ lying around his druggy sh1thole which a customer drank, everything went pear-shaped, the customer died, he got arrested etc etc).

Haha I mean I've done some stupid shit in my drug use days, but gimm some credit! 😉

Do we have a GHB/GBL/[BDO megathread? It might be worth it doing one. If not and no ODers can be arsed then I could do one when I can be. Right now gonna take a ml and chill

Hi me hinnies. So I have 5oml of good gbl. Would it it worth getting some sodium hydroxide and converting it to GHB myself?
What's the pros/cons?

Either way, DON'T DRINK IT UNDILUTED. First time I got GBL I just took a mini-shot (like 4ml or something) and ended up with chemical burns on my lips, tongue and one cheek. You're probably not as dumb as me, but yeah, be careful lol.