• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

gays take more drugs?

dexter_stayne said:
alot of friends i have - only started having gay/lesbian curiosities after experiences on ecstasy

thoguhts?

I know that this is the case with a few friends of mine, i'm sure everyone get a lot more 'friendlier' and open.

experience : after rolling at a friends house.. 2 of which are openly gay - they thought it would be funny to tell me over and over that i was bi-sexual - reading me some graphic auto-erotica and all this shit that under normal circumstances I would heave at (with acceptance and tolerance of course.) But at the time it was fascinating, exciting and very tempting.

I spent the next 12 hours whilst coming down, convincing myself i wasn't gay... scary as hell people.

thank god i look back and cringe/laugh, much to the delight of my girlfriend.

BigTrancer said:
You know what they say, "MDMA won't make you gay..."

hmm, why the dot dot dot? where you going to go on?
sounds like a BUT sentence.
"MDMA won't make you gay, but ..."
are you speaking from personal experience there bt?
;)=D

I think its a vast variety of reasons. From personal experience i think the gay scene has a lot to do with it and the need for young people to go somewhere to find out about one rather important facet of their life; and it is not drugs!

The comments about experimentation and gays being more likely to say hell with society's rules, and also negative personal issues about being gay, are obviously all factors.

However I think it is more simple than that: young people who go out to gay places to explore their sexuality, wind up exploring illicit drugs also. Why, because the gay "scene" especially the young gay scene is a nightclub scene, with the odd huge lavish dance party. Their is not many places for them to go - the internet is one but devoid of a personal touch, they wouldnt dare touch a sauna and so the nightclubs are the obvious choice.

People have said that almost all the gays they know take drugs. Can I ask how you met your gay friends/acquaintances? Is it via the nightclub scene or dance party scene? As most of us know there is a large cross over between the gay scene and the straight nightclub/dance party/electronic festival/"rave" scene. Indeed "raves" are meant to be places were boundaries do not exist. I have found the electronic scene far more accepting of gay and lesbians than obviously the pub/rock scene and clearly the mainstream community.
So I'd hazard a guess that the reason most of the gays people know do take drugs, is because you either met them at one of these places or through friends with common interests.
The number of gays people actually know, or at least YOU KNOW are gay, that do not go to these places is probably low.

The current gay scene where i live imo has less drug use than the wider straight scene; esp the party scene. Of course go to London and experience the gay scene there and well...My God is the only way to describe it. The legendary Trade at Turnmills on a Sunday morning is probably enough of a reason why gays are seen as the most hardcore drugt takers around. I dont believe it is true though for the G&L community as a whole however.

I know a few gay people who refuse to take drugs.

As I said before, where are people doing this research or meeting these people?

plain and simple

homosexuality and drug use are both cultural taboos - lets face it - regardless of how tolerant you are to both topics

one who explores one is bound to explore the other