• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gave myself serotonin syndrome.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I gave myself serotonin syndrome I think taking Tramadol. A week prior I took 8x the recommended dose of Saint Johns Wort so I think that's why it happened because I only took 200mg of Tramadol which is really low for me.

anyway I had a hellish 2 days while I had the side effects but now it's passed, so I need to worry about anything? I feel fine now but maybe I could still be in danger?

Thanks for reading, all replies welcome.

This is not a doctors clinic this is a drug forum you are asking the wrong questions in the wrong place.

You really are a moron. This is a website for HARM REDUCTION. Not drugs, maybe read the rules before you post bullshit like that.

Also if you have nothing productive or helpful to say, then don't say anything at all.

Last edited:
Im unsure how long the st johns wort hang around but usually its ok one normal dose 2 hours prior to tramadol.

A week in between is a long time.

Was there any other drug or alcohol at all that you took?

Why the huge dose of st johns wort?

Im unsure how long the st johns wort hang around but usually its ok one normal dose 2 hours prior to tramadol.

A week in between is a long time.

Was there any other drug or alcohol at all that you took?

Why the huge dose of st johns wort?

Nothing, well actually. I done 300mg of Codeine 12 hours prior but that's just a standard dose for me, I don't believe that had any interaction because I've mixed tramadol and codeine before. I used to do 150mg Codeine and once it was starting to wear off do 400mg of Tramadol and didn't have any negative effects.
I'm 100% sure the negative side effects I was experiencing was down to sertonin syndrome. Also the huge dose was down to a little research I done of mega doses of SJW and reading from a few sources that a huge dose feels like a mild dose of MDMA. I had to try it out with surprising results. My vision seemed to become way more shrper and colours were much brighter and I found myself dancing to music in my bedroom alone.

St johns wort isnt really a recreational drug mate. Its pretty dangerous if you fuck around with it. Im not sure if that mad dose has fucked with your brain chemistry for ages but maybe it has?

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe stick with codeine if you need pain relief.

Like I said above on my first post. I feel absolutely fine now, no symptoms at all. I just wanted to know if there's any persisting problems with sertonin syndrome I may not feel or notice.

Basically should I see a doctor or not.

What you describe happening is a mild case of ss which has passed without getting help tbh. :\

You have gotten better on your own.

I havent had any st john wort myself so been googling around for answers.

"The elimination half-life is somewhere between 24 and 48 hours according to one study (reference number 8 on this page), meaning that within 1 week there would be a maximum of 10% of the original amount that resulted from regular dosing. Within 2 weeks that number would drop to under 1%.Aug 22, 2015"

Elsewhere:

What are the risks of serotonin syndrome?
You could develop an electrolyte imbalance. Electrolytes are the minerals in your blood that help your nerves and muscles work properly. Your heart could be damaged from beating too fast or too slow. Your blood may not clot properly, which could lead to heavy bleeding or organ damage. Your lungs or kidneys could fail. You could have a high fever that can be life-threatening.

How can serotonin syndrome be prevented?
Ask your healthcare provider before you take any prescription or over-the-counter drugs. Tell him the names of all the medicines you take.

When should I contact my healthcare provider?
You have muscle twitching or spasms.
Your heart is racing.
You are restless or sweating for no reason.
When should I seek immediate care or call 911?
You have a seizure.
You are agitated or confused.
You are drowsy or you faint.
You are shivering or have a fever of more than 104°F (40°C).
You have fast breathing or shortness of breath.

It seems you got through the worst of it and are recovering. Theres no real harm in seeing your doctor now but the worst is over.

I wouldnt ever take st johns wort personally as it has too nany weird interactions with other drugs and would wait a few weeks before taking anything that combines with it to be sure.

You really are a moron. This is a website for HARM REDUCTION. Not drugs, maybe read the rules before you post bullshit like that.

Also if you have nothing productive or helpful to say, then don't say anything at all.

So me the rules and the entire bluelight staff are wrong are we.

Do not boost please any chems

No you had it real bad you would be in hospital or like somebody foolish right now coughing dry and massive swelling in legs ad dizzy. Last night dude thought he was gonna die. PS he is am not out of the woods yet however good heart was beating like a drum and never went to bed..later just ate raw walnuts to replenish seratonin and now about to replenish with amino acid L-tryptophan and melatonin....how did this all happen? He went way over board and NO not on the trigger ie pure 150 mg of Molly but on supplements was to thinking. Somehow he threw down 1000mg of B-12 and 1000mg of L- DOPA -----UNLESS you wanna go to Emergency room or die of heart failure please WARNING never throw these two on top of the MOLLie at same time NEVER EVER ----I think it converted to super stimulant and raced the HEART hard all night long ---Dude made my peace seriously with death because nothing one can do except what was prescribed by experts.... stay very calm feed slowly anti oxidants and mineral GATORADE lots of it sip do not gulp it & hopefully wear it off ...SOmebody is.still worried right now and dude has raved for 25 years....never concoct on any chems ...none because it may do something awesome at first and then horrible next. Scary and dumb8o8o8o---so dude looked up situation and all said and done never do extras except candy ie ck chocolate and OJ during only after....to replentish of all He^^ is going to come down on one's brain body and mind very scary stuff.

Last edited:

you said all replies welcome haha

He went way over board and NO not on the trigger ie pure 150 mg of Molly but on supplements was to thinking. Somehow he threw down 1000mg of B-12 and 1000mg of L- DOPA -----UNLESS you wanna go to Emergency room or die of heart failure please WARNING never throw these two on top of the MOLLie at same time NEVER EVER ----
I highly doubt the B-12 had anything to do with it, but the L-DOPA is definitely not one to mix with any strong stimulant as it's a precursor to norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine. Hope your friend is alright.

If you have nothing nice to say don't say it.