• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Gateway Legalization: Group Wants All Drugs Legalized in Arizona

belligerent drunk

Bluelight Crew
article said:
...If the war on marijuana has failed—and there aren’t many credible people who say otherwise—what about the war on everything else? One Arizona group wants to try the Hamsterdam approach, and—in their words—re-legalize all drugs

Crazy? Definitely. A long-shot? Absolutely. But is it possible—and perhaps even plausible?

Probably not, as RAD Final—the “RAD” is for “re-legalize all drugs”—legalizes everything, including heroin, methamphetamine, bath salts and other nasty stuff.

It would also, as KTAR reported, make it exceedingly difficult for the state’s successful medical marijuana program, with its several hundred million dollars’ worth of sales, to continue, as it “forbids the government from taxing or regulating any drug,” including cannabis.

Here are the details, direct from the proposed ballot language, as per FOX-10:

This initiative is 100% complete legalization of all drugs. It forbids the government from taxing or regulating any drug. It gives complete, automatic pardons to anyone convicted of a drug crime, civilly punishes government employees who violate a person drug rights, forbids extraditing for drug crimes, forbids the government from discriminating against drug users and requires the courts to accept cases involving drugs.”...

Not sure if it's serious or not. And if it is, then it's definitely a long shot, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Article link

I think the only job of the DEA should be to regulate "recreational drugs" and monitor drugs for poisons and other impurities and to also stop really harmful drugs like fentanyl, methadone, suboxone, etc.. and any other shit like that. But honestly if all drugs were legal there would be 0 demand for drugs like meth, fentanyl, suboxone, methadone etc...

^ I agree that fentanyl can be dangerous, but methadone and buprenorphine? Those are very useful opioids for those who wish to quit opis.

^ I agree that fentanyl can be dangerous, but methadone and buprenorphine? Those are very useful opioids for those who wish to quit opis.

Without suboxone the first time and methadone the second time i would not have gotten clean. Never had an issue getting off maintenance drugs and never "marked the date" but i am some 13 months off of methadone now, probably would never have gotten clean only because it broke the cycle and that was that.

I agree that general use of opiates is to be avoided however, those drugs saved me and several people i know. Also this is as much a pipe dream as legal marijuana in 1960, maybe some day but probably not in my life time.

The ballot language is in line with my own views on drugs and drug law. I'm not so sure that I support completely forbidding the state from regulating/taxing drugs, though...it might be beneficial to have some oversight regarding things like purity standards etc, although IMO a lot of the "bad actors" in the drug world would be eliminated once they stepped out of society's margins and were forced to compete in a relatively free & open market.

It's all very hypothetical anyway, as I don't see anything like this coming to pass soon. Although generally-speaking I think things look favorable in regards to progressive reform of American drug laws.

I'm all for legalization, but I'm adamantly against a "free for all" in the drug market. Drugs should be regulated and taxed. There have to be quality standards, all kinds of checks and so on. Basically what current pharmaceuticals are subjected to. I would never want to buy my drugs from some half-assed kitchen chemist if drugs were legalized.

The kind of "re-legalize all drugs" thinking epitomized by this quote I pure bullshit. The way things were at the turn of the century back in 1900 were better than today ONLY because we hadn't fucked things up with prohibition and the war on drugs yet, not because they had some better system in place.

Outsides of the doctors office, back then it was a total free for all in terms of the market place (for example, look to patent medicines/snake oil salesmen). It's no different in that regard than today. With policies criminalizing substance use on the books, embodied in stuff like the Harrison Act and the war on drugs, any potential alternative is a dream.

Honestly, I imagine it will probably take decades before substance use is decriminalized in the US. However, what is described in the quote above is exactly how not to go about it.

Ironically, there are already models out there for this kind of thing, but we like to think we're special here in the US...

The only way drugs will be legalized is if they are taxed to hell like everything else the government taxes.

I'm against legalisation of all drugs, just go to the MDMA sub forum to see how irresponsible people are with drugs.

I'm against legalisation of all drugs, just go to the MDMA sub forum to see how irresponsible people are with drugs.

Yeah well by that logic marijuana should be illegal because look how irresponsibly people use that, smoking grams a night, clearly abusing it. So because a select few people can't control their use of MDMA or other drugs we should put anyone who uses it in jail even the responsible users who use it once or twice a year. Because someone deserves to have their life ruined by choosing to put a substance into their own body.

I'm yet to see a thread in Cannabis section that says: I smoked weed three days in a row and now I have permanent ringing in my ears or some form of cognitive impairment. The difference is how harmful the drug is, and MDMA is very harmful when abused.

I'm yet to see a thread in Cannabis section that says: I smoked weed three days in a row and now I have permanent ringing in my ears or some form of cognitive impairment. The difference is how harmful the drug is, and MDMA is very harmful when abused.

Aswell as alcohol and Tylenol..
There will always be over doses and abuse legal or illegal.
Atleast when its legal the info and actual drug are availible, most commenly sold together.

Bad laws are what got use here in the first place.

Sure alcohol is harmful, but again, no one develops any serious and long term problem from a one weekend of binge drinking, if alcohol was as harmful as MDMA most students would finish college with brain or liver damage not a diploma.

Honestly what are the chances any cases we are seeing of brain damage with MDMA are from one weekend..? We have no clue,

and a lot of students do finish with liver damage its just not as obvious. Hell some even do lots of MDMA and get diplomas.

Let's not forget the entire generation of e heads that was rolling without limits in the 80s\90s who arent brain dead.

Liver is pretty good at healing itself, brain is not. In the long run MDMA is more harmful than alcohol.

I've never known anyone to use MDMA everyday, many times a day for many many years in a row like huge amounts of people do with alcohol.