View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Gastrointestinal discomfort on psychedelics

riper33

Greenlighter
Recently I've been noticing annoying gas build up and burping during my LSD trips. I don't remember it being so bad early on, but since the last few times I feel I will significantly improve the quality of my trips if my stomach felt better.

I'm not talking about the nausea during the come up. I don't really get much of that. Once the peak settles in, it's almost like my stomach bloats up uncomfortably and I keep getting weird tasting half burps which never really relieve the gas. Sometimes shitting helps, sometimes puking helps, but they aren't much fun either and don't always work.

Usually, I vape cannabis when I can't stand it anymore and that works almost like magic, but cannabis gives it's own touch to the trip which I like to avoid for as long as possible. I prefer the vanilla experience. Also, I don't plan on purchasing any more weed once I run out.

Do others find a need to deal with this side effect? I think I should be looking for something that is really good at relieving gas and not nausea or stomach cramps (there's no pain). Would an antacid work here? Any particular suggestions? Something that helps improve appetite would be awesome too.

Tea before the trip seems to help for us. Mint or ginger.
Maybe try some baking soda (a teaspoon of it in a glass of water)? It always makes me have a few good burps and calms down my stomach.

Some people report, that a tiny dose of dipenhydramine (an eighth of a sleeping pill) could also work.