• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Games: Game Reviews by BL'ers/Gen. Discussion

I ended up drinking most of a bottle of Tullamore Dew and playing Halo 2 w/ my neighbor last night, after the bar. I've had no sleep and my hangover isn't even going to begin until 1PM. God I hate working sundays. :X

I know I won't buy an xbox just to play it, but it's a rather good game. Far better than the first. I thought 1 was kinda boring, honestly, evne if it was a well made game.

finally after like 7 months i got my ps2 back online tonight...

had a burnt out hub...

now i've got some work to do to get my socom II rank back up... :(

the only good ps2 online game =
HARDWARE ONLINE ARENAS

Ok, I'm thinking of grabbing Ghost Recon 2, but it just shipped today and all I can find are speculations and "I hope its good" reivews or comparing it to the Xbox release (which is completely different than the ps2 release).

Oh, the tension!!! :X

Just beat Bloodrayne 2 last night... overall review = GOOD GAME

It's a good one if you wanna run around slashing, shooting, kicking, cutting heads, arms, legs off, bodies in half, flipping ppl with your chain into random spikes, electrical lines, out windows, into meat grinders, and sucking blood out of ppl in a very sexual way (she likes to moan when she has her legs wrapped around someone suckin on their neck)

There are tons of different moves you aquire and the combat system is quite impressive. You can still cut up ppl even after they're dead... and one of the best things is you unlock the Schoolgirl outfit after you beat the game along with a lot of other stuff like the movie trailer for the Bloodrayne movie which i was surprised to find out michelle rodriguez is in it (Resident Evil) not sure who she plays tho.

Anyways I only found 2 things disappointing... the last few battles were very, very easy. And sometimes the game is a little glitchy when you knock ppl into some walls or down stairs they kinda get stuck.

I'll give it a 7.5 for comsuming 10 gameplay hours of my life.

I'd bitch about Ghost Recon 2 for PS2 more here, but I already got irrate in my journal regarding it. Lets just say DO NOT BUY OR PLAY GHOST RECON 2 for PS2! It is a big fat waste of your time.

Just warning others so they're not suckered into it because they played the Xbox version which is great, as good as HALO 2 IMHO.

I decided also not to get an Xbox (which was the initial conclusion to my outburst). I'm getting a new PC for christmas, I'll just play GR2 on that. And Half Life 2.

Are there any decent RTS games on xbox??? I'd like to play those on xbox live, but it doesn't seem like there as big on console as they are on PC.

Also, whats's the newest/best RTS out right now on PC/console? I'm totally out of the loop.

I want to buy a console this christmas, which one do yall reccomend?

xbox, ps2, or gc?

I own the three current gen consoles and I'd say go for the Xbox. Xbox Live and the fact you can chip it and play every single old system out there on it give it the edge on the other two, but then, they also have loads going for them. It kind of depends on what games you like and what you want to do with it.

yeah the Xbox has been the most hacked system to date I believe....the amount of homebrew apps out there is amazing!

ds is kinda weird looking, I've still got my GBA:SP and a 1gb blank cartridge and about 1500 games for it so I'm gonna hold out until PSP perhaps :D

Beagle said:
Are there any decent RTS games on xbox??? I'd like to play those on xbox live, but it doesn't seem like there as big on console as they are on PC.

Also, whats's the newest/best RTS out right now on PC/console? I'm totally out of the loop.

RTS on consoles is almost non-existant. They usually port all the PC RTS's to a console, but they're never as good, and w/out a keyboard the controls aren't as fast/efficent.

keystroke said:
ds is kinda weird looking, I've still got my GBA:SP and a 1gb blank cartridge and about 1500 games for it so I'm gonna hold out until PSP perhaps :D

dude! how'd you hook that up? maybe I am behind the times. did you buy it off of some site with all 1500 games?

and about the ability to play other games on the Xbox. Do you just go on a site and download the apps like emulators for the PC?

if we can't talk about this on here can you PM me?

thanks

dbighead2 said:
dude! how'd you hook that up? maybe I am behind the times. did you buy it off of some site with all 1500 games?

and about the ability to play other games on the Xbox. Do you just go on a site and download the apps like emulators for the PC?

if we can't talk about this on here can you PM me?

thanks

just buy a Flashcart/Linker (I got mine awhile ago) but depending on your location, just google "GBA Flashcart" you'll get stores for your area...

then you just download roms (each game is about 1-4mb) and "burn" it to the blank cartridge and it works in the GBA as normal games do, but you can usually fit upto 16games per cartridge, then when you want to change games just "erase" the cartridge just like you would do with a CD-RW....

I've had mine for a few years now and got shit loads of games, but I mostly just use NES roms on my GBA:SP.....

go Xbox just visit www.xbox-scene.com for all information, tools, tutorials, etc ;)

thanks man. I checked it out. it makes me want to buy one alot more!

How do you have your Xbox hooked up for emulation? do you have the mod chip or what?

every time i go to my friend's house, i zone out in front of the xbox and play HALO 2 for what seems like hours upon hours.

the only thing is im one of those weenies who gets motion sickess. i cant even watch home movies. anyone got any suggestions on how to counter this? dramaine would just put me to sleep.

I better post this here:

Rusty Cage DID in fact do better than I did in the games of SOCOM II we played.

He himself though, was not responsible for the vast majority of my deaths or problems or inability to gain kills. He went 5 and 9. How I went 0 and 7 on Crossroads, I don't know, but I must be out of practice. :(

I still think he's a punk. :D