⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

game: a random dvd from your collection v1.0

theaddiction.jpg

This is a double pack DVD but I only bought it for The Addiction after I caught it on late night TV. The Funeral is worth a watch, but imo it's only the performances that hold it together. I suppose the same can be said for The Addiction too as it often gets bad reviews, but I've always really liked it. All the performances are excellent, especially from Lili Taylor, Christopher Walken, and Annabella Sciorra. I also really like the atmospherics in the film too.

From imdb.com

Kathleen Conklin was just a normal student attending college. While walking home one night she is dragged off the street and bitten by a strange woman. Soon Kathleen goes from being a normal student to being a vampire. Kathleen's need for blood is similar to a drug addict's need for drugs, and we watch as she goes from one fix to the next.

Next number: 88

^love the high number, yet i only got through half the collection

i spit on your grave (special edition)
228671.jpg

heard rumours about it. seen it on the simpsons. the dvd caught my eye and i said "what the heck".
well, it's a very silly film i reckon.

next number 101

101, in alphabetical order....

the machinist with the fabulously talented and sexy christian bale

01_main.jpg

brilliant movie. i can never get over how damn skinny he got.

next number 473.

jk, 37

what about bob?

18m.jpg

i never saw it, and have no idea what it is about. i bought it for my BF because it was cheap at walmart and i recalled him mentioning the film.

nooooooow, number 73!

peteandpete.jpg

Oh man, I watched this show like crazy when i was a kid although it sorta ran together with that whole Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, You Can't Do that on Television set.

I love it cuz well it was a great impulse buy and the bus driver in any ep is insane and youve got cameos from Iggy Pop AND Hunter S Thompson.

Next num 4...

Last edited:
hughes.jpg

I just had to buy this when it was released. I grew up with The Breakfast Club and Weird Science and must have watched them both like 50 times over the years. I didn't see 16 Candles untill much later, and of the three movies it's my least favourite.

From Weird Science:

Lisa : If you ever get the chance, shower with them. I did. Mmm, it's a mindscrambler. Hurts so good.

=D

Next number: 60

the fifth element

B000ECXWLI.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55874595_.jpg

it took some time for me to warm to this film. at first i was put off by the star wars references, but have since forgotten about similarities and have grown to enjoy the differences.

next number is ........ forty two

B0004Z31NY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

the last minute... great flick from steven norrington, lots of drugs and weird party shite along with navel-gazing philosophy...
memorable quotes:
"It's not enough that I should succeed; my friends must also fail"
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light"
"and THAT'S why they call me Percy"

Number 42

great!

how about some information on why that's in your collection?

how about the next number?

alasdair

did it just get quite a bit dumber in here?

this is a very cool game btw alasdairm.

Mine is a movie called When Trumpets Fade:

6305161941.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

All I can tell you about it what I can tell from the cover which is that it is some kind of war movie. My Sister bought me this DVD when she was in Germany a year or so ago and I just never got around to watching it. I don't mind the odd war movie, but it's not my favourite genre and I honestly just haven't at any stage felt like putting this movie in the player at any time.

This Amazon review makes it seem kind of appealing though:

The opening scene in this HBO movie is perhaps one of the grittiest and most realistic depictions of the realities of combat ever filmed, at least this side of the first 30 minutes of `Saving Private Ryan'. The viewer is immediately transported into the surreal world of death, decay, and destruction, where the panorama in view is a smoke-seared scene that the young soldiers labor through in the midst of all this horror. In this excellent depiction of General Omar Bradley's ill-fated decision to strike deep into the forbidding terrain of the Hurtigen Forest, accuracy and detail are everywhere one looks. The situation described in the film is quite accurate, and the young cast of mostly unknown actors do a convincing and credible job in conveying the insane circumstances surrounding combat, especially of the lonely, nerve-racking and suddenly murderous nature of isolated units moving cautiously forward through the sometimes impenetrable glades of the forest.

All of the craziness and chaos of battle is well presented, and the story line lends itself to the strong anti-war message of the movie. A friend expressed outrage at the scene in which a platoon leader shoots a deserting private, without realizing it is standard battle procedure. There is nothing uplifting about the scenes and situations the soldiers faced, no over-riding morality or contrived happy ending to dislodge the reality of the horror and futility of all this carnage. If you are looking for a pleasant evening of entertainment, a couple hours of mindless diversion, better find another movie. But if you want to watch a well-made and memorable movie that accurately recounts the events of one of the most ill-conceived and bloodiest series of engagements and firefights in the Allied campaign in France in the late Fall of 1944, and if you don't mind a sobering slap of reality hitting you in the face while you're being drawn into a thoughtful and engaging statement about life and death in the 20th century, this may be for you! Enjoy.

That was kind of a let down, I should have just cheated and chosen a movie I really enjoy :)

Next number is 13.