• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc gabapentinoids for kratom WD?

xivixive

Bluelighter
well after 11 months sober i got hooked on kratom. bad idea cause its prohibited by my drug counseling which is required for probation. i'm not taking too much... was dosing 10-12 grams of 'maeng daddy' brand powder daily. down to 5g for the last 3 days.

i've withdrawn from heroin, subs, every pharm opiate there is multiple times so i'm not worried, just curious to know a few things....

will gabapentinoids mitigate the wd from kratom as they will traditional opiates?

anything else not a controlled substance that helps specifically with kratom wd? have baclofen and hydroxyzine as well.

how long until wd symptoms peak?

when exactly do they start? i feel like around the 16hr mark the back starts aching, haven't let it go any further.

do they really stop, as in back to 'normal', in 3 days? i find acute WD lasts about a week with any opiate for me.

is the rls / sweating bad? any chance they are absent from this chemicals WD? those bother me more then any other symptom of opiate WD.

kinda bullshit as its not prohibited by my terms of probation, and PO said doesn't test for it / wouldn't get a violation for illegal drugs, but drug counseling does test me, and prohibit it, and i can be violated for not complying there... annoyingly mitagrynine seems to stay in my piss like 2 weeks as well.

Yes, Gabapentin will help you with kratom withdrawals. You should only have to take it for a few days to get over the worst of the withdrawal symptoms. You should be fine after that. Kratom is psychologically addicting, you might have some cravings to deal with.

At those doses (12g) id say 3 days of "acute" withdrawal from the point at which you begin feeling you're in withdrawal, and by day 8 you should feel normal. If you are stable on 5g a day withdrawal will be even less severe and the edge can be taken off with kratom. The withdrawal that you have "sentenced" yourself to shouldn't be bad at all (but will follow the sametime frame, good that you tapered. Gabapentin will be most useful in the evening i feel (as insomnia may be the most prominent of your symptoms).

Yes, gabapentin (or even better, Lyrica/pregabalin) work pretty well to mask withdrawal symptoms for opiates. Especially Lyrica, it can make withdrawal unnoticeable, or it did for me on several occasions anyway. Just make sure you don't trade opiates for a new habit, use it for as short a time as possible.

Yes, gabapentin (or even better, Lyrica/pregabalin) work pretty well to mask withdrawal symptoms for opiates. Especially Lyrica, it can make withdrawal unnoticeable, or it did for me on several occasions anyway. Just make sure you don't trade opiates for a new habit, use it for as short a time as possible.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I'm currently on day 6 off fentanyl/dope habit of 8 years. Been taking gabapentin 3x 300mg every 6-8hrs since day 1 and didnt feel 80%+ of the withdrawls I normally would have from day 1-4. Its helped immensely.

I also used kratom last time to get clean and tool ot twice daily instead of dope and went 2 weeks before stopping the kratom and then I was good to go again. Kratom great when used properly and gaba is a life saver ESPECIALLY if you can get your hands on GENUINE legitimate benzos, like alpraz or loraz. It will let you actually SLEEP every day of withdrawl even if it's just 3-4 hrs it's so much. Etter then doing the usual up for day 1-4/5 then crashing for 5-6hrs due to mental exhaustion and over exertion of your body and mind and muscles. Best of luck man you got this!!!!

I find lorazepam rather useless for sleeping but alpraz is good for sure. My favorite benzo for sleeping is etizolam. Too bad back when I was on opiates I didn't have any benzos, the total inability to sleep was always the worst part, by about day 5 I'd be basically insane and relapse just to sleep.

Etizolam was my favorite drug in general. It was my addiction. It's bad news. Avoid it at all costs.

Well yeah if you have a benzo problem I would absolutely recommend against etizolam because it seems to catch people really bad, and the short duration makes it hard to deal with as an addiction. personally I don't find benzos recreational at all so I just use it for sleep at the end of a night of psychedelics or other stimulating drugs, from time to time. It's also invaluable for sleeping during withdrawal as long as you don't keep using it.

Etizolam works differently than other benzos for me. It didn't just make me sleepy like klonopin, it made me want to go out and do things. Maybe because I have bipolar disorder, it triggered mania instead of sedation. Phenibut used to trigger mania instead of sedation as well.

Phenibut produces hypomania as part of its normal effects, honestly. I get it too, but I'm not bipolar so I just find it fun and it goes away once it wears off.

Etizolam works differently than other benzos for me. It didn't just make me sleepy like klonopin, it made me want to go out and do things. Maybe because I have bipolar disorder, it triggered mania instead of sedation. Phenibut used to trigger mania instead of sedation as well.

Yes etizolam does a similar thing to me as well (xanax too).

I would also say that Gabapentin has greatly reduced the effects of WD for me as well. Currently detoxing from H... only on day 1, but I start taking the Gabapentin before I start feeling horrible to get it in my system. It really does help. Use for 3-4 days and taper down...

I used to take heroic doses of gabapentin. But now I realize it's just not worth much of anything. Lyrica, yeah. But gabapentin is more similar to something like dextromethorphan, and I think I might just prefer the latter when taken in DXM only formulations (no guafenesin or apap or what not). I'd even go so far ad to say DXM > gabapentin. And lyrica > than both.

For those who have actual experience with the two, Gabapentinoids and Kratom, I'd take their advice before mine. However, I feel that if we are asking the question, are Gabapentinoids effective for mitigating Opioid withdrawal syndrome, Yes and Mitragynine seems to be, among other stuff, an Opioid. As a class they are definitely great for this purpose.

I used to take heroic doses of gabapentin. But now I realize it's just not worth much of anything. Lyrica, yeah. But gabapentin is more similar to something like dextromethorphan, and I think I might just prefer the latter when taken in DXM only formulations (no guafenesin or apap or what not). I'd even go so far ad to say DXM > gabapentin. And lyrica > than both.

Huh that's odd, for me gabapentin is quite similar to phenibut but much less intense, and almost nothing whatsoever like DXM. Then again I've never liked DXM, I think I may be a poor metabolizer. Personally I really like gabapentin a lot, it subtly tweaks my mood and sociability and body feeling in a very useful and nice way.

I do like lyrica more though, we can agree there. I also like phenibut more.

Gabapentin is prescribed to me for anxiety, but I really wish I could try Lyrica. It's much more expensive from what I hear. I don't think my insurance covers it.