• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

Any previous use of gabapentinoids? Gabapentin, phenibut, pregabalin (Lyrica), baclofen etc; or maybe even benos?
Just asking as "low" as 600-900mg will most times create a semi-pleasant head-space for me (and that is with tolerance). It has been a while since I have had gabapentin but I do remember that it is probably my least favorable "high" among the above listed substances. Not sure how to explain this other than to say that to me it just isn't that special and taking heroic doses will make me sick... which I try to avoid.
I always take fatty foods with my gabas and also naproxen sodium (aleve) up to 440mg a day; not sure if they actually help with efficacy but my mind and body say they do. YMMV, friend so be safe?

^ditto for alcohol, benzodiazapine, barbiturate or GHB/GBL use?

That is odd. When I first started taking Gabapentin I could feel it at 200mg and get a noticeable high at 400-600mg.

I thought gaba wasn't a controlled substance. Last time I checked it was beleived to have a "low potential for abuse/ misuse"...🤫

Your dose is too low. I'm prescribed 2 300mg gabas a day and if I take both I get a nice-ish buzz. If I take 3 or 4 trying to get a buzz on it works okay but it's nothing mindblowing. It just isnt that powerful of a drug.

my mom was given that after she had back surgery, she had some really negative side effects. She would drive to work and not remember any of her drive, this was about 15 years ago, she got off of it when she realized she was not remembering things.

I have both pregabalin and gabapentin prescribed at max doses. I have used heroic doses for years daily, weekly, monthly, few times a year and even had some over year breaks to find out I like it most on low doses. Like 100mg 3-6 times a day.

I have been always taking huge doses but it sure takes it toll. One gets all the effects back but it means break from gababentinoids, benzos and alcohol too from my experience.

this stuff only give me an intoxicated feeling like being drunk and i only get that past the 2000mg mark for me personally

Yeah. I took one one the way home from work just to chill out. And I could barely drive home I was so drunk. REAL FUN not. Truth.

yeah pregabalin is better in so many ways

regabalin
All ROAs
Onset90-150 minutes
Duration6-14 hours
After-effects1-12 hours

BioavailabilityHigh (≥90% rapidly absorbed; administration with food has no significant effect on bioavailability)

Gabapentin
All ROAs
Onset30-90 minutes
Duration5-12 hours
After-effects1-6 hours

Bioavailability27–60% (inversely proportional to dose; a high fat meal also increases bioavailability)

then dosage range:

how accurate im not sure but that was just from a quick google

I read this as if it was referring to Pregabalin. I recently downed a stash of abut 5 grams of pure pregab over a few 430 mg trials. That stuff is amazing for functional euphoria as far as gabaergics go. Next time I buy I'll grab 10 grams instead, it's got its' own special flavor amongst the few I keep in stock.

Gabaergics are all interesting to me especially due to the physical stimulation they deliver while engaged in physical activities, versus the heavy sedative effect they seem to elicit when used at leisure and rest. Never tried gabapepten, but I'm a huge fan of pehnibut and i've recently tried F-phenibut and pure zopliclone powder. They all have their unique durations and various levels of sedative effect vs euphoric component, and "net day" effects.

The comedown is pretty much ubiquitously insomnia and anxiety haha. Rebound anxiety hardcore

I have been taking Gabapentin 600 mg 3 times a day for almost 10 years I have switched off several times for Lyrica because I heard the same things. But in no way shape or form is it the same I love that Gabapentin takes care of my pain I have an extremely bad spine and other issues. I still get the euphoria about 45 minutes after I take it and if I want a little extra I will take one every hour or so for about 3 hours to get a little bit more you for you.

Lyrica pretty much did nothing for me it might have taken care of my pain a little but I didn't get any of the euphoria Pleasant feeling at all from the Lyrica that I get from the Gabapentin even to this day after taking it for so long!!
It also helps me to sleep but it also makes things more interesting when I'm awake so you can do either one on this medication which makes it truly ideal. I will be a advocate for Gabapentin for the rest of my life I was on all of the extremely strong narcotics and as we all know it could not stand the side effects that withdraw all of that stuff so I have made do with gabapentin and I have absolutely no regrets.