• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

SpareRib

Bluelighter
My main drug of choice is oxycodone. I've taken gabapentin before - 600 mg - along with the oxy, and the most that it's done is make me feel a little off-kilter. Almost light-headed but in a pleasant way. I did it less than once a week because I read that tolerance builds after only one use. I haven't really taken any in several months as it didn't do much for me after the first few times.

Fast forward, and I tried the 600mg again yesterday along with my oxy and I felt the euphoria that I used to feel when I first took oxy. Now I take oxy just to not feel like crap and to get a good nod. That euphoria feeling is hard to come by, but with the gabapentin, I felt it. For a while. The big difference between before and now is how much oxy I'm taking.

So I tried it again today and it had and even greater effect. It knocked me off my ass in fact. I couldn't even concentrate on work. All day. I felt good for a really long time, and now I'm nodding in and out a bit. I start reading an e-mail for example, then before I know it, my eyes are closed and I'm dreaming about something. Then I snap out of it and again, soon after I'm nodding and dreaming about something totally unrelated to what I was doing.

The big difference between when I first tried gabapentin and now is my dosage of oxy. I used to only take about 20mg. Now I'm up to about 120 mg at a time.

Anyone else try this combo of oxy and gabapentin? Did you have the same reaction? And will I develop a tolerance and no longer feel like this?

Thanks in advance!

My main drug of choice is oxycodone. I've taken gabapentin before - 600 mg - along with the oxy, and the most that it's done is make me feel a little off-kilter. Almost light-headed but in a pleasant way. I did it less than once a week because I read that tolerance builds after only one use. I haven't really taken any in several months as it didn't do much for me after the first few times.

Fast forward, and I tried the 600mg again yesterday along with my oxy and I felt the euphoria that I used to feel when I first took oxy. Now I take oxy just to not feel like crap and to get a good nod. That euphoria feeling is hard to come by, but with the gabapentin, I felt it. For a while. The big difference between before and now is how much oxy I'm taking.

So I tried it again today and it had and even greater effect. It knocked me off my ass in fact. I couldn't even concentrate on work. All day. I felt good for a really long time, and now I'm nodding in and out a bit. I start reading an e-mail for example, then before I know it, my eyes are closed and I'm dreaming about something. Then I snap out of it and again, soon after I'm nodding and dreaming about something totally unrelated to what I was doing.

The big difference between when I first tried gabapentin and now is my dosage of oxy. I used to only take about 20mg. Now I'm up to about 120 mg at a time.

Anyone else try this combo of oxy and gabapentin? Did you have the same reaction? And will I develop a tolerance and no longer feel like this?

Thanks in advance!
Hey man sorry for the late response I just saw your post. I get prescribed ox and gabapentin and they both work great together for me but iv been on them for four years now so tolerance has absolutely skyrocketed and my doctor is prescribing me the most gabapentin he can legally as I don't want to go on pregabalin but what I do is use the gabapentin to help me cut back on the oxycontin an have managed to get down from about six hundred mg to two hundred but be careful with the gabbas because I ended up enjoying them more than the oxy

left over gabapentin 100mgs were a nice mix with my alprazolam 0.5mgs. 2 of each had me couched. Add in a hydro and a bowl pack and you've got yourself a quarantine!

Stay safe goobers
4 me 1800mg gaba 1.25mg klonopin 100mg sublocade with a few dabs it`s on~!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
well i am on sublocade i take (suboxone)but i take 1800mg of gaba 1-2mg of klonopin with my sublocade dose its a life saving combo saved mine

I picked up my script this morning and as iv been good iv actually got fiddy spare 300mg gabapentin so I've been staggering them four at a time since seven am today and I'm just now starting to feel a slight euphoria am just about to start doing some work in the garden and can't think of any other drug I'd rather have for physical work.
Am thinking about adding some diazepam to the mix but il wait an hour and see how the gabs go

left over gabapentin 100mgs were a nice mix with my alprazolam 0.5mgs. 2 of each had me couched. Add in a hydro and a bowl pack and you've got yourself a quarantine!

Stay safe goobers
my grandmother use to say goober-hag

Happy Pesach everybody :)

Gabapentinoids are pretty well-known as producing these widely varying episodes of effect. Some really get "knocked out" in a characteristically "depressant" action, whereas some describe a very different effect, verging upon that of a stimulant. I think a more universal effect of these Gabapentinoid drugs, is that when they are mixed with CNS depressants, they can easily provoke a blackout.

When I was on gabapentin I had the most motivation ever. Like I would clean the house or do something I’d been putting off for ages. It really helped my nerve pain but it also caused me to gain loads of weight and as I’ve an eating disorder I just cut them out completely. I miss them.

How much gabapentin does everyone take at once? I'm at 600mg at a time. Is that too much? Not enough for me to like it more than oxy?

How much gabapentin does everyone take at once? I'm at 600mg at a time. Is that too much? Not enough for me to like it more than oxy?
600 mg is a good starting dose in my opinion but everyone is different. And the probability that you will like it better than the sweet sweet forbidden fruit that is oxycodone is quite low at any dose. But once again that’s just my opinion

Too much at once I’d take 300mg at time and then dose again 45 mins later. It has a super low bioavailability.

Happy Pesach everybody :)

Gabapentinoids are pretty well-known as producing these widely varying episodes of effect. Some really get "knocked out" in a characteristically "depressant" action, whereas some describe a very different effect, verging upon that of a stimulant. I think a more universal effect of these Gabapentinoid drugs, is that when they are mixed with CNS depressants, they can easily provoke a blackout.

In my opinion, gababpentin is one of the best drugs there is (both medicinally and recreationally).

However, not everyone shares my same Love for it. It can be so subtle that many simply overlook the effects. It also has awful absorption meaning you have to dose across or 1 or 2 hours wen tolerance sets in. 300 mg per every 15 mins til you’re right...

I don't want to make this too political, but I feel the reason that they have begun a light crackdown on Gabapentinoid drugs, is based mainly on opinion and not facts.

I think addicts have discovered that they are effective medicines for a variety of conditions, especially Opioid withdrawal and Chronic Alcoholism maintenance.

Now, the doctors are hearing the "word on the street" that Gabapentinoids are being"abused" as it trickles in 10 years late. Some states are beginning to schedule Gabapentin (Neurontin).

My opinion is that there is a complete misunderstanding regarding these drugs. They are often being used in a way that is actually justified on many levels and may in fact be pushing the "abuser" closer to success.

I'm not saying this is far-fetched, but I think by cracking down on Gabapentinoids, they will likely be pushing addicts directly into relapse and accompanying negative shit including the obvious potential for lethal overdose.

Case in point, this stuff should be studied and utilised in addiction medicine more often than they are.

I don't want to make this too political, but I feel the reason that they have begun a light crackdown on Gabapentinoid drugs, is based mainly on opinion and not facts.

I think addicts have discovered that they are effective medicines for a variety of conditions, especially Opioid withdrawal and Chronic Alcoholism maintenance.

Now, the doctors are hearing the "word on the street" that Gabapentinoids are being"abused" as it trickles in 10 years late. Some states are beginning to schedule Gabapentin (Neurontin).

My opinion is that there is a complete misunderstanding regarding these drugs. They are often being used in a way that is actually justified on many levels and may in fact be pushing the "abuser" closer to success.

I'm not saying this is far-fetched, but I think by cracking down on Gabapentinoids, they will likely be pushing addicts directly into relapse and accompanying negative shit including the obvious potential for lethal overdose.

Case in point, this stuff should be studied and utilised in addiction medicine more often than they are.
Maybe useful for addiction medication but they are awful drugs. Gabapentin and pregabalin have awful neurological side effects when you’re on them longer term, as well as lots of other side effects. I could barely string sentences together when I was on pregabalin max dose for my condition and I had been taking it 2 years. They are not a drug to be abusing or taking long term at all. There are even groups on fb for people getting over pregabalin and gabapentin, groups with thousands of people. I’m glad they are scheduling it and are not handing them out like sweets as they have been. Seriously.

I agree to an extent. I mentioned in my first post that gabapentin is one of the best drugs there is for medicinal use.

By that I mean treating both drug and alcohol related purposes and medicinal purposes generally. I did not realize it was being controlled in some states; that seems really boneheaded. It’s such a versatile drug, treating opi withdrawal, insomnia, neuropathic pain,anxiety; it’s snake oil that actually works.

I kind of get it since it most certainly causes dependence but it’s just not on the same level as codeine (abuse-potential-wise)—that’s kind of my test to determine if a drug should be scheduled.