• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

BL Fan

Greenlighter
Howdy all,

I have a few 400 mg capsules of Gabapentin. It's been at least a week since my last dose.

My last experience I ended up taking the capsules every hour, to an hour and a half (six of them total) resulting is a less than satisfactory trip (i kept getting distracted, lost track of time) i'm assuming due to poor spacing and not having access to food and soda after every dose.

I was wondering if anyone has the insight or knowledge to answer a couple questions for me.

Questions:

Since these capsules are 400mg, am I better off "running to the finish line" so to speak and just down them (the whole 400mg capsule) every half-an-hour until gone?

Would it be worth the effort to cut the capsules and divide the contents in half (approx 200mg each) and parachuting the 200mgs every half-an-hour instead of taking the full 400mg every thirty minutes?

Which way will I absorb the most and have a pleasant trip?

Thanks for your time,

have a good one

There is a long thread here about gabapentin and Lyrica. You might get the best answer from looking through it.

400 mgs of gabapentin is not a lot so I personally would take the whole capsule. I take 1 pill a day of 600 mgs gabapentin ER and after a few hours I can feel my body relaxing and the burning nerves in my neck and shoulder stop.

Gabapentin is weaker than Lyrica so everything I've read on the board so far suggests larger doses if you are going for whatever high gabapentin gives. (I've never taken more than my 600 mgs at night so I apologize for sounding vague but I don't know what it feels like if large doses are taken). I do know that it's prescribed up to 1800 mgs a day so you can safely take 400 mgs, wait 45 minutes and take another capsule. 200 mgs is going to feel like nothing and you will waste them that way.

I?m detoxing odd gabapentin, again, it?s horrific.
I only took it for a week this time but because I took over 2.4 grams every day the dependency case on really quickly!!
This drug is no joke. I?ve realized the more you take the quicker and worse your withdrawals will be.
Just stay away from this shit. No amount of dope would make me well or stop the puking that came with quitting those damn pills