• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos GABApentin withdrawl

DrinksWithEvil

Bluelighter
ive been bingeing on gabapentin for the past two months like between 2k-8k a day. and i stopped for 3 days and felt really really depressed and anxious..thought it was just a bad day but started taking them again and im really afraid of stopping them again. like really afraid the stories sounds horrible. ive detoxed from heroin methadone and booze. but that 1 day ihad when i stopped the gaba i felt realllly reallly depressed and it was scary. i have like 10 800mg left.. i can buy more but its expensive. i have work and cant miss days

sigh:(:|

Sounds about right.. 2K and above is pretty large dosage.

If you're that scared to withdraw again then it's time to exercise some self control. The party is over.

Easier said than done of course.. If I was you I would try to figure out the smallest dose possible to stave off withdrawals and stick to that. Start off at say 200mg then add more til you feel better. At that point you can start slowly lowering your dose. You should be able to make that 8k left last a while.

Yes of course gaba withdrawal is frightening.. Its rebound anxiety. Which is literally fear itself.

You're becoming dependent on Gabapentin. You will need to taper this drug like a benzo. You don't want to fuck over your Gaba system some more after a detox from booze.

I agree that you should slowly taper yourself down. Maybe 1000mg a week? Not everyone gets terrible withdrawals. Like me for instance, I can fuck around with high dose gabapentin and never have withdrawal.

I do notice I can get severely depressed though when my medication wears off, but this is temporary (usually gone by morning).

You might feel a little crummy, but just do as above. Also break those pills up into accurate measurements. Stack your daily dosage to get the most out of it. I am hoping that this way, you can get a less is more effect and of course have a comfortable taper.

I had a whole thread I posted here of my experience ... and I never took above 1.5 grams and if I used a gram or more it was rare like twice a week usually it was 600-900 a day for 6 months and boy was that a horrible experience I wasn't prepared for at all...

Shitim prescrbed 600mg 4x/day....i use it fot a mood stabilizer/pain for back and anxiety./socisl anxiety..AND...also used it while i was coming off 10yr opiate/i.v. heroin and mostly suboxone and also ativan..i got offf the opistes snd been clean since 11/08/16...
I still smoke weed.but i dowana eventually titrate myself off the gabspentin.just one thing at a time.

Use the search feature and look up gabapentin withdrawal. Many others have gone through the same thing, as have I. This is what I do nearing the end of a bottle of Gabapentin....

1. Rule. Don't psyche yourself out. Of course it won't be pleasant but it's not gonna suck as hard as you probably think it will. It's not that bad, and it's over in a few days.

Take the 800mg pills and start taking one in the morning and one at night for 2-3 days. Then break them in half and take a half in the AM and a half at night.
Ride it out. Eventually you'll get to the point where you'll feel the withdrawal and in anticipation of your nightly 400mg dose. That's what you want.

Once you're at that point, you need to take 400mg once a day. I like to wake up in the morning and not take anything and take that lone 400mg dose at night, so I don't toss and turn as much and get somewhat a night of sleep.

Once you jump off, do it while you still have 1 pill left. That way when/if you have any intense anxiety/panic, you know it's physical. Great way to cheat the "I don't have any left" anxiety attacks that come from staring at a completely empty bottle.

If you do this correctly and stretch those pills long enough, you'll experience a much smoother withdrawal and minimize any excruciatingly intense panic attacks or agonizing depersonalization. Both, which I may add, are a very real possibility. Especially if you gobble up the last ones left and close your eyes and hope for the best as you go from 2-3g to zero.

Would literally rather cold turkey a 1g/day IV heroin habit than cold turkey a 3g/day gabapentin habit.

I high dosed lyrica for opioid wds for a 20 year daily opioid addiction it was my first time on lyrica. First off it was amazing how well it keeps wds at bay and i couldn't believe how good it worked for my nerve pain in my feet. So after a week during wds i weened myself off with no problem, then after a month or so i really wanted some relief for the nerve pain so i started taken some lyrica which really improved my mood and sleep so after doing lyrica for three weeks straight i stopped and i did notice some gaba wd like anxiety depression and insomnia but the biggest problem was my feet hurt much more after stopping lyrica. So now i only do lyrica 2 to 3 times a week on my worse days of nerve pain which really sucks id love to get that relief daily but after going thru all those years on oxy then wds im much more cautious about starting another hell.