• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

gabapentin withdraw

dynodavie

Bluelighter
how many days in a row would someone have to be on gabapentin to go into withdrawals...

When I was in jail I was buying all the gabapention I could it took about 2 months when everything ran out and wd sucked but only lasted like 2-3 days

how many days in a row would someone have to be on gabapentin to go into withdrawals...

It depends on various factors, including your dosage per day, whether you have poreviously been dependent on gabapentin, and whether you've previously been dependent on other similar compounds (like phenibut or pregabalin). If you've never been dependent on any gabapentinoids, it might take 2 weeks of high dosages or maybe longer of small dosages. But certainly a month of daily use will definitely cause withdrawal. I wouldn't dose it daily over 2 weeks in a row at the maximum.

Personally, I have been dependent on phenibut at various times for several years total of my life, and taking gabapentin 3 days in a row will give m slight phenibut-like withdrawals, but I used to be able to take gabapentinoids daily for a week and be absolutely fine.

Thanks for the responses, the reason I asked is because I've never used gabapentin until 10 days ago I used it to get past a 200 milligram a day oxycodone withdraw which I had surgery on my neck and needed oxycodone for about 6 months and the gabapentin worked wonders for that as I am on day 12 and have felt very little if any withdraw from the oxy and I quit the gabapentin at day 8 but have been having an issue with sleeping at night since I quit the gabapentin but I also realize that could be from the oxy just not quite being all the way out of my system yet just trying not to create another monster so to speak any input would be great and thanks for your time in advance...

Yeah it takes a while for the insomnia to go away from opiate withdrawal, even after acute withdrawals have passed. usually it taks me a couple of weeks to get relatively back to normal sleeping-wise. if it's just sleeping issues you're having and you can stand not taking gabapentin, then you should stop taking it. You could always take it every couple of days to get some relief but you definitely want to avoid becoming dependent on it as the withdrawals from it are pretty bad and last longer than oxy withdrawals.

usually when I have to withdraw from opiates, I will take etizolam (or some other sedating benzo) every couple of days to help with sleep until I can sleep on my own. You just have to be careful not to switch from one addiction to another, when using addictive drugs to help withdrawal. it can be done but you have to be careful and be disciplined about it. gabapentin and benzos work via different mechanisms and are not cross-tolerant. usually I will try to alternate gabapentin or similar, and benzo, and then a day without either where I probably will have a lot of trouble sleeping. Doing this will minimize the chance of becoming dependent on something else. It's also important to quit taking anything as soon as you reasonably can. Sounds like you're doing a good job. :)

ok so was having some pain issues from my surgery and had to get back on the oxy for a minute and i was using like the hardest days at work like monday through wednesday or thursday some weeks and the 3 or 4 days of the week that i was not doing oxy i would use my gabapentin for the 3 or 4 days a week and was wondering if the 3 or 4 days off from the gabapentin a week is enough time between uses to not have to go through some sort of gaba withdrawal ?

ok so was having some pain issues from my surgery and had to get back on the oxy for a minute and i was using like the hardest days at work like monday through wednesday or thursday some weeks and the 3 or 4 days of the week that i was not doing oxy i would use my gabapentin for the 3 or 4 days a week and was wondering if the 3 or 4 days off from the gabapentin a week is enough time between uses to not have to go through some sort of gaba withdrawal ?
It should be no problem,sometimes I forget my daily dose and notice no withdrawal at all

ok so was having some pain issues from my surgery and had to get back on the oxy for a minute and i was using like the hardest days at work like monday through wednesday or thursday some weeks and the 3 or 4 days of the week that i was not doing oxy i would use my gabapentin for the 3 or 4 days a week and was wondering if the 3 or 4 days off from the gabapentin a week is enough time between uses to not have to go through some sort of gaba withdraw

@Xorkoth what is you opinion on this, thanks for your time..