• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin, why 5 hours to start working ?

Wow I didnt realize people considered these the least bit recreational. Years ago I was prescribed some crazy amount of it, several thousand MG a day, which i of course double and tripled, when i was going through a horrible xanax taper and it didnt do shit for me.

I recently started subs to kick a nasty fentanyl habit and got back on meds for bipolar 1. My sub doc/shrink gave me a bottle of neurontin for the transition and i did try taking some with my bedtime meds and i did notice they did what i wanted them to do...knocked me the fuck out... but i figured it was the combo of 8mg sub, 10mg valium, 100 mg topamax, and 30mg temazepam.. maybe the 300mg of neurontin played a part too?

Wow I didnt realize people considered these the least bit recreational. Years ago I was prescribed some crazy amount of it, several thousand MG a day, which i of course double and tripled, when i was going through a horrible xanax taper and it didnt do shit for me.

I recently started subs to kick a nasty fentanyl habit and got back on meds for bipolar 1. My sub doc/shrink gave me a bottle of neurontin for the transition and i did try taking some with my bedtime meds and i did notice they did what i wanted them to do...knocked me the fuck out... but i figured it was the combo of 8mg sub, 10mg valium, 100 mg topamax, and 30mg temazepam.. maybe the 300mg of neurontin played a part too?

The neurontin probably played a negligible role. The two benzos primarily knocked u out ... Trust me.

I'm Rxd 800mg of gabapentin 4x a day. What I recommend for them to hit u harder and faster...

First eat a very small, high fat meal. A small tomato and mayo sandwich for example.. Or a slice of cheesecake. Anything high fat that's like ~3-400 calories. You can try to incorporate hot sauce as capsaicin has been shown to increase bio Abv.

here is the secret. Wash your small meal down with a monster energy drink or a red bull. Wait 20min and slam your gabapentin down with the energy drink. Fuck what ppl say about absorption rates and start with a 3g dose all at once and THEN start staggering a gram or two every hour and a half.

Be careful driving. This will fuck you and your motor skills up immensely. Thank me later.

Well lol i'm actually trying to stay clean for the first time ever.. but i'll tuck that away if i want to relapse because on 24mg of subs there's no way i'm doing it on my DOC :)

Well lol i'm actually trying to stay clean for the first time ever.. but i'll tuck that away if i want to relapse because on 24mg of subs there's no way i'm doing it on my DOC :)

Oly you sound like you are already fucked up at all times on like 6 different meds including two benzos, sub, dopamax, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong?? lol

Congrats getting off your DOC... Good luck with that enormous sub dose though :/ I'd taper down as soon as the doc says it's a good idea and honestly... Probably sooner!

I like my Gabapentin too. It only takes 3 or more 600mg pills for me to feel good all day on it. But I also take 80-100mg's of Methadone and 3-4mg's of xanax at the same time. It's a nicey little combo.... My back is f'd up right now, so I put on two lidocaine patches side by side on my lower back and sink into my lazy boy, oh yea..=D

haha lol naw man, but i could understand why you might think that. I'm just back on meds for bipolar after developing a nasty fentanyl habit self medicating my mood. Extracting and going through 1-2 100mcg patches a day between IV and smoking it .. and wearing at least one so i wouldn't wake up in such terrible WD... plus bottles of 20mg/ml liquid morphine or 100mg ms-contins for the fun of pins and needles.. a 5 CC full of those is a nice rush. Dilaudid stopped working at all even at like 60 mg shots i got no rush at all... at least i'd still get pins and needles from good old morphine. oh yeah and almost limitless amounts of Soma and Klonopin.. a couple of my favorite potentiators.

People say i look better than i have in months and i feel better than i have in months. I'm starting to feel something close to normal. I know the sub dose is huge but 16mg wasn't cutting it. 'Done isnt an option for me, closest clinic is 6 hour round trip drive, and at this point in my recovery i kinda need something to keep me from slipping up. It was hard to say "no" to 100 morphine tabs the other morning but i did because i knew it'd just be a waste of money and i want to make this work this time.

First eat a very small, high fat meal. A small tomato and mayo sandwich for example.. Or a slice of cheesecake. Anything high fat that's like ~3-400 calories. You can try to incorporate hot sauce as capsaicin has been shown to increase bio Abv.

thanks for the heads up on the meal. I've been eating very lightly and mostly only protein lately the last several days...along with the Gab...and have been feeling almost nothing from it.

you might be onto something, with the whole liver digestion / fats , etc.

holy moly. sorry for the double-post , but I went to the store today... initially feeling like i'm fine and nothings different about me.

I start driving....and wow...Gabapentin is seriously more deceptive and worse than alcohol. Almost crashed several times..

Went to the store...and was talking all loud like a tard to everyone. And I kept like staring at people while I was talking to them...in a drunk-like stupor.

Don't go anywhere if your buzzed on this....seriously. It initially makes u feel like your yourself when u go out....but ur not.

never again...am I doing that.

haha lol naw man, but i could understand why you might think that. I'm just back on meds for bipolar after developing a nasty fentanyl habit self medicating my mood. Extracting and going through 1-2 100mcg patches a day between IV and smoking it .. and wearing at least one so i wouldn't wake up in such terrible WD... plus bottles of 20mg/ml liquid morphine or 100mg ms-contins for the fun of pins and needles.. a 5 CC full of those is a nice rush. Dilaudid stopped working at all even at like 60 mg shots i got no rush at all... at least i'd still get pins and needles from good old morphine. oh yeah and almost limitless amounts of Soma and Klonopin.. a couple of my favorite potentiators.

People say i look better than i have in months and i feel better than i have in months. I'm starting to feel something close to normal. I know the sub dose is huge but 16mg wasn't cutting it. 'Done isnt an option for me, closest clinic is 6 hour round trip drive, and at this point in my recovery i kinda need something to keep me from slipping up. It was hard to say "no" to 100 morphine tabs the other morning but i did because i knew it'd just be a waste of money and i want to make this work this time.

Glad to hear you're doing better bro. Normally I'd call bullshit on doses that high but I believe you for some reason. I know what it's like to come off of an obscene amount of opiates and benzos at the same time. Pm me if u ever need my help. Progress not perfection u kno :)

That's why i switched my script to pregabalin, since it only takes about an hour to kick in.

I've found that either (high fat or) high sugar snacks trigger the gaba. Even with a moderate tolerance I can still get a solid buzz off eating 400mg's and then waiting a half hour and then (sorry to be so specific) eat a MilkyWay. (Well, they sell these King size 2-packs now. So it's not quite the size of a full candy bar, but not a "fun-size" one either). Anyways, eat one of those -gaba hits 5-10 minutes later. Then I wait an hour or two and repeat the process again depending on how "relaxed" I'm looking to get.

I know the common saying is that it's high-fat foods is what does the trick, but really, I didn't find that to be the case. For me it's always had to accompany some sugar as well. For example, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches w/ a glass of milk works wonders as well. So whether I just have low blood sugar and I need to pump it up to the level of normality ALONG with the fats... I dunno.

I guess this is just me throwing in my 2 cents that may help out other people who haven't been able to find a successful way to get the most outta their Rx.

anybody know the science of why it takes like 5 hours for Gabapentin to start doing it's thing... ?

i dont get what youre doing other than like 300mg every hour and a half or a 600 every 3 hours, other than the ol stagger dosing trick it doesnt make sense ive always felt it always easily before 90 minutes

I just took at least 10 x 800mg tablets plus 6 lyrica and I'm not high!

i dont get what youre doing other than like 300mg every hour and a half or a 600 every 3 hours, other than the ol stagger dosing trick it doesnt make sense ive always felt it always easily before 90 minutes

I've had it kick in within 45 minutes and also had times where it took 3-4 hours. The times when it took hours to kick in have always been followed by accidentally drinking a cola or eating something. By that time I had forgotten I'd taken anything and then I just get smacked in the face by it.

The more you take the less your body absorbs. And it seems for some reason, in my experience, when you take ridiculous amounts at once your body doesn't absorb any of it. So, I know you're probably joking, but congratulations, you just took like 2,000 mg's at best.

Jenco, how'd u feel hours later? that's what matters.

and guys....hard alcohol makes things so much better with Gab....extra endorphin boost releaser....plus u can handle so much more alcohol, it's crazy. Gaba must also slow down the time it takes to get drunk....and it also helps prevent hangover. take a few extra, if u get super drunk. It's still my #1 drug, i love it...and so many people don't know about it, cuz they just think it's a weak drug for diabetes or something. Must take a lot, and must wait a couple hours for it to kick in. You'll never get instant results with gaba.