• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin WD?

ImSTILLtrying

Bluelighter
so, I am scripted 1600MG/GABA and 4000MG/Keppra for seizure purposes.

originally it was only Keppra but I wanted GABA too out of worry/concern but now I feel it does nothing and I actually cut it down myself to 800/MG/day. I'd like to get down to ZERO MG/DAY but worried about WD. I've read through the GABA thread but there is so much there its hard to get an idea on a basic question.

I am currently taking:

4MG suboxone
4000MG Keppra
800MG Gaba
1MG Xanax (for sleep; not nightly, maybe twice a week).

do you think if I were to drop the GABA I would go through WD's? I ask because I've tried before but felt it left me down and out, so I went back to 800MG just to have something in me. been sticking w/ that and can even get by on 400MG but since its an 800MG pill I just stick w/ that.

in the GABA thread people say they have NO WITHDRAWAL and other say they went through terrible WD's. I've been through opiate WD's too many times to count, so take that into consideration. do you think I can just stop my GABA and not worry? is it a mental thing or what?

Idk dude I'm tapering from doing around 600-900 maybe some days 1200-1500 at most (maybe 3-5 times above 1200) and took klonopin/Valium/Xanax daily usually 1-2 mg for the kpin , and 20 for Valium , I tapered GABA down to 150 mgs split into twice a day and felt major difference didn't feel as good twitchy muscles slightly and my normal opiate dose didn't feel as good without the full GABA dose but I'm stabilizing now at 300 mg total a day and down to .25 mg k pin twice a day so .5 kpin and it sucks dude luckily I have opiates right now . By the way this is my first time coming off GABA I'm not prescribed it or the benzos nor the opiates lol so it's all me doing the measurements don't count on it too much haha. Just try to taper down and see how you feel and don't take the dose you taper down to all at once daily spread it out I take 150 mgs morning and afternoon and take the .25 kpin with it I don't feel anything other than feeling "more normal" than I did before I took them . Good luck

Get your doctor to put you on 100mg capsules of Gabapentin. Taper those as slow as you want. You could also cut a 800mg pill into quarters or eighths and slowly back off maybe 100-200mg a week. The slower the better. The fact that you are taking seizure medicine with the Gabapentin, complicates things a bit. I'd run all this by your doctor first.

Get your doctor to put you on 100mg capsules of Gabapentin. Taper those as slow as you want. You could also cut a 800mg pill into quarters or eighths and slowly back off maybe 100-200mg a week. The slower the better. The fact that you are taking seizure medicine with the Gabapentin, complicates things a bit. I'd run all this by your doctor first.

I ended up bringing it up myself to the Dr. I wanted the Gabapentin for personal preference. the Dr. always just had me on Keppra for seizures purposes but I wanted GABA for personal relief but after a while it became just a hassle and there was no personal relief. now I am just taking too many pills a day and its becoming a damn hassle. ha.

I've been sticking w/ the 800/MG I mentioned when I first brought up the post, ha.