• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc gabapentin toxicity?

cj

Bluelight Crew
I have acquired a big tolerance to gabapentin. I am no longer getting anything from 1800mg. Can I go higher? What are the risks of going up to 3000mgs? On the other hand if I take a break can I expect a large reduction in tolerance?

One thing about Gabapentin is that it is quite hard to overdose on, so I wouldn't worry about toxicity. It does build a fast tolerance to the body. To get the most out of it, stagger your doses until you achieve the desired effects. You might not even need 3000mg to feel like you did on 1800mg.

I've seen someone completely messed up on 2100mg, they kept falling over and couldn't talk straight. I'd assume the risks would be increased uncoordination, bad balance, just more intense side effects.

I'm surprised you even get much out of Gabapentin as most people (including myself) don't. :D

Tolerance should drop pretty quick with a break.

Hi, Sorry you are in this place to go up or down. I've been there and have been on this drug for nerve pain.

Yes, I would taper down a bit. Also pick up some biotin if you can. Gabapentin depletes this vitamin and these iirc:

Calcium, Folic Acid, L-carnitine, vitamin A, B12, B6, D, and K, and ummm… one other I cannot think of.

Fortunately Gabapentin is short acting, thus cleared earlier. I did have withdrawals but not as bad as benzos. Although they can be similar IME, the withdrawals are not exactly alike and it varies from person to person.

Last edited:
I take 1200mg NO TOLERANCE PER HOUR cuz at like after 800mg it abosrbs like 10% and after 1200mg it absorbs 0% but like 150mg-300mg absorbs the best but I took 300mg lyrica and i was a zombie when i read 600mg lyrica equal to 1200mg gabapentin i take like 3600mg 1200mg per hour for max effect since it takes 2-3 hours to take effect fully and then it lasts 5-7 hours after you ingest it so. but i took it like 12 hours straight 1200mg per hour and i was FUUCKKED alll day long no tolerance lots of weed lol. Snorting hydromorphone NEVER mix benzos and opioids ORRALLY iwth it waait 2 hours before or after and if you take say codeine or morphine or anything methadone 2 hours later it YOU NEED to wait thaty long so gabapentin wont DECREASE the opioid or benzo absorption but once absorbed 2 hours later u can still take gabapentin and absorb more nobody knows why it works but it does and it lasts for about 4 hours after u take morphine they was what they used in the studie but all opioids should probably work but that and food and Stomach acidity makes it kick in quicker.

BOttom line impossible to die unless mixing it with other drugs kinda like a benzo, in the regard that it is harmless in massive doses lethal wise.

As cannablissss said, you could probably take 3g of gabapentin no problem, but gabapentins' bioavailability decreases as you increase the dose so the best way to get its full effects would be to stagger the doses (1g every 45 mins or something). Not sure how it would be seeing as you have a tolerance, but imo taking a T break sounds healthier than upping your dose to 3g. If you're in pain then ask your doc to switch you to a different med for a bit while tolerance diminishes.

Gabapentin is read to be rough on the kidneys. I used to do up to 6g regularly to combat opiate withdrawals. I never noticed any ill effects, yet that does not mean there were not any...

Ok maybe I am going wrong by not staggering the doses. I will try that and report back. Thanks for all the help folks!

Gabapentin is read to be rough on the kidneys. I used to do up to 6g regularly to combat opiate withdrawals. I never noticed any ill effects, yet that does not mean there were not any...

IMO one should be very careful making statements about taking large quatities of certain substances, especially as a member of the Bluelight Crew. Even statements about drinking huge amounts of water (like more than 30 liters...?) might cause other members to believe they can survive the same.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-attempt-during-incarceration)-New-Experience

Drinking 6 liters of water within a short period of time will kill you, so coming from Jackie Jones I would be careful with taking 6 grams of Gabapentin aswell.

I take 1200mg NO TOLERANCE PER HOUR cuz at like after 800mg it abosrbs like 10% and after 1200mg it absorbs 0% but like 150mg-300mg absorbs the best....

This guy is actually right. The best way to take Gabapentin is no more than 300 mg every 45-60 minutes. Some people recommend taking Naproxen before as it helps with the enzymes related to its metabolism, though I skip this part.

Taking anything over 600-800mg of Gabapentin at once is a waste. Gabapentin has very poor bio availability, while its brother Lyrica doesn't. Though, you can achieve very similar but not as euphoric as Lyrica effect with Gabapentin if you stack it.

I never cared for Gabapentin much. I saw it useful for sleep and because of that, opiate withdrawals also. I was noticing an effect that wasn't proportional to its dosage. Almost like 3000mg didn't feel any different than 800mg. After some research I stumbled on a thread in which a question similar to your was being discussed. Stacking it was explained as superior than taking one large dose at once.

So I did, I took 600mg. An hour later, 300mg. Another hour and 300mg more. Until I got to to 1500mg and couldn't take anymore because I simply fell asleep. I wish I learned about this sooner, as I wasted a ton of Gabapentin by taking 3-5000mg of it with no apparent "benefit."

CAUTION: I hope you understand the road that you're heading down on. Gabapentin isn't a joke. For many, its withdrawals are long lasting and hellish. It's a straight up benzo withdrawal than can last for months, just like benzos. A member on here, Blue Comet, has been at it for 4-6 months(as far as I know). His recovery has been extremely slow and painful.

Gabapentin is one of those drugs that build a tolerance hella fast. 3000 mg won't hurt ya but it won't help ya either. I have three scripts do to demand but I only take them once every two weeks 2400 MG's. If I do any regular than that I won't get the effect and will end up chasing a high that won't come. But you don't have to take it from me. Keep raising the dose and eating them. You'll figure out when you get to the end of the bottle and wished you had more. FYI dosing at 3000 MG's is going to give you the mud butt if you dose more than a few times. Experienced it.

^^bullshit..when I first tried gabapentin I took 400 mgs, laid down for a nap..woke up maybe an hour later basically drunk..I was quite high, horny, anxiety was lower, I just felt looser..what ducked about gabapentin is after 3-4 days of taking it, you won't get much in the way of positive fights and u will start to notice bad effects like blurred vision, major minor motor problems, fatigue..I got off because all it did was make me feel like shit but those first 2-3 days are fun

IMO one should be very careful making statements about taking large quatities of certain substances, especially as a member of the Bluelight Crew. Even statements about drinking huge amounts of water (like more than 30 liters...?) might cause other members to believe they can survive the same.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-attempt-during-incarceration)-New-Experience

Drinking 6 liters of water within a short period of time will kill you, so coming from Jackie Jones I would be careful with taking 6 grams of Gabapentin aswell.

stfu lurker