• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin Taper

simstim, I tried that . I was only taking 100 mg to help me sleep and because I kept hearing there should be no withdrawals, I dropped by 25 mg every week. By the time I reached 50 mg I was a basket case. Seriously suicidal. This wasn't ideation, I was preparing. The anxiety was through the roof too. I am obviously very sensitive to meds and have found others that are the same. If I could take off from work, I would try it again but go a little slower.
I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling.

If I EVER get off these things, I'll never take them again either! For some reason, I thought you went to treatment for heroin alone. Did you get off heroin and benzos at the same time? I can't imagine...
I feel like crap all the time now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like to do it cold turkey. Did the docs give you meds to help with some of the withdrawals? I don't want to replace one bad drug with another but I can't see how I would get through it otherwise.
I talked to an attorney and he's the one that told me I should try to file through the college before attempting to get disability through the state. Apparently, it's a little easier to get and is offered to state employees as a benefit.
I need to check on whether I would need to fill out the forms every month. I assume the doctor that signed your papers was the one you saw while in detox? Did you look for a detox/rehab center that specialized in benzos? They are such a different beast. I've read that a lot of centers aren't really knowledgeable of the damage that can be done by coming off too quickly.
Hi , I’m going to reply as if this was for me , I only collected disability once for drugs and it was for dope and coke not benzos and that was years ago but I filed for disability about 10x in my life ,I only went to 1 rehab in my life and that was for 6 weeks and I had 6 weeks of aftercare at the same facility and collected for the entire time, plus 1 week from the detox I was in prior to rehab.
I was only addicted to benzos once and that started about3 years ago with me going to Thailand and I got Xanax to help me for the flight , we’ll I bought enough Xanax in Thailand to last me till I returned in a few months , then I bought about a years supply and so and so on …Till about Aug-Sept of 2020 I started cutting back from 40 mg to 5 mg around Christmas time , that’s when I stopped both for about 6-7 weeks , ( I was a mess but starting to feel much better then I got epididymitis In February and while treating it they then discovered cancer on the left testicle ,they removed it and this got me started on Valium’s ( cause I was really stressing) which I kept to a minimum ,the gaba also , until May 1 that’s when I stopped both and haven’t used them since.

I started dabbling with pain meds again after my back went out a few weeks ago.

ive never been to a detox for benzos (opioids 10x +) so I can not say what they do for treatment , , I would do some research on places available to you thru your insurance network ( you will be using them ) you can call facilities with questions or concerns you may have before hand.

I never worked for a state facility but it makes sense that you can file on the job for the same statefunds, I’d go to that dept and find out the details get the forms needed too while there,
And yes the detox fills out the page for the time you spend in that detox, one of the girls in the place will fill out your form and probably rubber stamp the doctors info on it .
Who ever treats you after detox you would have them fill out a paper for the time you are under their care , just like the detox did.
You’ll feel so much better with this behind you.

Hi , I’m going to reply as if this was for me , I only collected disability once for drugs and it was for dope and coke not benzos and that was years ago but I filed for disability about 10x in my life ,I only went to 1 rehab in my life and that was for 6 weeks and I had 6 weeks of aftercare at the same facility and collected for the entire time, plus 1 week from the detox I was in prior to rehab.
I was only addicted to benzos once and that started about3 years ago with me going to Thailand and I got Xanax to help me for the flight , we’ll I bought enough Xanax in Thailand to last me till I returned in a few months , then I bought about a years supply and so and so on …Till about Aug-Sept of 2020 I started cutting back from 40 mg to 5 mg around Christmas time , that’s when I stopped both for about 6-7 weeks , ( I was a mess but starting to feel much better then I got epididymitis In February and while treating it they then discovered cancer on the left testicle ,they removed it and this got me started on Valium’s ( cause I was really stressing) which I kept to a minimum ,the gaba also , until May 1 that’s when I stopped both and haven’t used them since.

I started dabbling with pain meds again after my back went out a few weeks ago.

ive never been to a detox for benzos (opioids 10x +) so I can not say what they do for treatment , , I would do some research on places available to you thru your insurance network ( you will be using them ) you can call facilities with questions or concerns you may have before hand.

I never worked for a state facility but it makes sense that you can file on the job for the same statefunds, I’d go to that dept and find out the details get the forms needed too while there,
And yes the detox fills out the page for the time you spend in that detox, one of the girls in the place will fill out your form and probably rubber stamp the doctors info on it .
Who ever treats you after detox you would have them fill out a paper for the time you are under their care , just like the detox did.
You’ll feel so much better with this behind you.
Pinprick, you are way tougher than me. You've been through hell many times and you came out on the other side. I hope you can see how strong you are. I am really inspired by your story and have great respect for you. I'm also eternally grateful to you for sharing your story with me and helping me to understand the way disability works. Thank you so much for all the time you've spent helping me. You are a very generous and kind person.
When I get the nerve to do this, I will remember you. I'm hoping to do it in the spring after I get some of my health issues stabilized. In the meantime, I'm going to make very small cuts so I can work and at least feel like I'm making some progress.
Many, many thanks.

Thank you for your kind words and I’m glad I was able to help.
I think you’ll be fine when you decide to do it ,start a thread I’m sure others will chime in on exactly where your at in your withdrawal.

Wish you well.