• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin, running out. Best way to detox

Deadbeatpete

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I’ve been reading posts on blue light for years, never registering but gaining useful advice. Now I need some specific advice. I’ve been a heroin/fentanyl/opiate addict for years on and off now. Or on suboxone. Now I am back on my suboxone and lamictal (200mg twice a day). I’ve been taking a metric shitload of gabapentin daily and I need to ask you guys how to come down. Make my withdrawal and detox tolerable? Basically any and all advice. Please throw it my way.

How much gabapentin? Phenibut will substitute for gabapentin.

But id caution this approach. I once quit a substantial gabapentin habit cold turkey pretty much and was fine mostly aside from almost complete insomnia. I was up all night, with few breaks, for around 2 months. I caved in and got some phenibut and now here i am, 6 years later, on 4g of phenibut a night. I suppose its not the worst thing in the world but its not a good thing (and ive been too busy to bite the bullet). In my defense its a relatively big bullet to bite

If you have a very serious gabapentin habit then I'd recommend a fast 2 week phenibut taper. I think 1g of gabapentin is very roughly something like 3g of phenibut so calculate accordingly.

Does that truly help? I’ve never heard of it, is it something I can go buy in stores in America?

Yes it replaces gabapentin 100%. But its equally addictive. It is legal in the US.

But unless you have a very serious gabapentin habit i would avoid it. And no more than two weeks. 1g/gabapentin to 2-3g/phenibut to start decrease to 0 over two weeks.

Note that I'm giving an honest answer to the question rather than an unqualified recommendation. Phenibut almost entirely replaces gabapentin and will stop gabapentin withdrawal. Problem is, now you have a phenibut problem. How much of a problem is that? Its not the worlds worst problem but it definitely still is a problem.

I wish i had instead gotten some seroquel to knock myself out after gabapentin withdrawal since it frankly wasnt that bad during the day. But gabapentin insomnia is brutal, worse than benzo withdrawal in some ways. But the day time anxiety isn't really that bad.

If you have a bad gabapentin habit do a 2 week taper starting at 2 to 3 grams of phenibut to 1g gabapentin. Should be relatively easy if you haven't gone through this before.

My gabapentin habit is ridiculous, it’s decreased a bit over the last few days by sheer necessity. A week ago/few days ago it was up to maybe 10,000 mg+, I take suboxone daily now (20 some mgs a day) now that I’m off the heroin and fentanyl and am currently taking maybe 1.5 to 2mg of xanax daily. I want off the Xanax (which I have enough of a supply to taper off of), but the gabapentin needs to stop. I was off it at one point but every time I went to detox it was something they gave me again. So like any good drug addict I would go to my shady sub doctor and get a massive script for gabapentin as well, I usually just go to detox but this is one of the times I have my life sort of back together (job, place to live, etc) and I just don’t want it to fall apart because the gabapentin withdrawal is so brutal. So ANYTHING I can do about it, I want to do

If its thats extreme ignore my other dosage recommendation and just go for 4g of phenibut and decrease the dose every day by 10% and jump off at a hundred or so milligrams. The estimate before was designed for lower dose gabapentin users. There is no real benefit going above 4g of phenibut really. Again gabapentin and phenibut are interchangeable so you are just switching addictions unless you follow a taper protocol. Good idea on quiting the benzos last. Thats alot harder than gabapentin.

Why not go to a doctor and get some more Gabapentin? Doctors hand it out like candy these days and i seriously doubt any doctor would turn you down for Gabapentin these days.

I only take 900mg's a day of Gabapentin and i get horrible withdrawals unless i take clonazepam for it. I get bad RLS from gabapentin withdrawals

If its thats extreme ignore my other dosage recommendation and just go for 4g of phenibut and decrease the dose every day by 10% and jump off at a hundred or so milligrams. The estimate before was designed for lower dose gabapentin users. There is no real benefit going above 4g of phenibut really. Again gabapentin and phenibut are interchangeable so you are just switching addictions unless you follow a taper protocol. Good idea on quiting the benzos last. Thats alot harder than gabapentin.
Is it true that phenibut works exactly like pregabs and gabapentin?

I must say they feel reeeeealy similar. Think I might like phenibut more as at lower doses social anxiety is GONE but you aren't fucked up.
Fuck knows why it's illegal in UK and not prescribed for anxiety. I suppose it has abuse potential but not as much as...other things.

Maybe something to do with it being invented in Russia.

Dunno, it was invented by soviet Russia and it's legal in the US, lol.

I must say they feel reeeeealy similar.
They are similar but have their own unique profiles. Phenibut is much closer to Baclofen.

Phenibut is only so abuseable. It's easy to overdose and overdose is very, VERY unpleasant. Tolerance builds very rapidly.

It's the only GABAergic that I really don't like anymore. With that said I always tend to dose to much. Phenibut is no longer euphoric to me compared to the first few times I did it. Weird drug to me.

I must say they feel reeeeealy similar. Think I might like phenibut more as at lower doses social anxiety is GONE but you aren't fucked up.
Fuck knows why it's illegal in UK and not prescribed for anxiety. I suppose it has abuse potential but not as much as...other things.

Doesn't work in the exact same manner but they are close enough that phenibut will stop gabapentin withdrawal.

I e had baclofen many times and prefer phenibut. But I've only got through about 20 or so grams over a couple weeks so still new to me.

Tour local health food apparently. The kind that mom's go to for their st. John's Wort etc. Look under nootropics if you can't find it.
It blows my my mind that your guys can do that. Strongest we have in our health food stores (I think Holland and Barrett aerethe only one in the UK! And the best we can get are valerian root capsules!

or search buy phenibut online and it's piss easy to find.

@negrogesic I've od'd on baclofen and that wasn't nice. Extreme nausea, confusion and dysphoria. Then when I passed out I had a seizure. My mate was gonna call an ambulance but decided to sit next to me playing video games and checking my breathing.
My ex gf came over and was slapping me hard in the face and shouting wake up (I had a zopiclone too as well as half a.bottle of baclofen,) She couldn't rouse me.
Boy was she pissed off when I came to and rang her telling her she didn't show up

I've passed out on phenibut a few times and woke up fine.
Imho much better than bsclofen

Hey guys, I’ve been reading posts on blue light for years, never registering but gaining useful advice. Now I need some specific advice. I’ve been a heroin/fentanyl/opiate addict for years on and off now. Or on suboxone. Now I am back on my suboxone and lamictal (200mg twice a day). I’ve been taking a metric shitload of gabapentin daily and I need to ask you guys how to come down. Make my withdrawal and detox tolerable? Basically any and all advice. Please throw it my way.
So I did end up getting more from the doctor because I’m just good like that I guess, I got 120 600mg pills, anyone wanna help me come up with a taper? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So I did end up getting more from the doctor because I’m just good like that I guess, I got 120 600mg pills, anyone wanna help me come up with a taper? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm guessing your prescription is written in such a way that the supply will be exhausted before the Rx can be renewed. What happens to you when you run out?

I'm concerned about the respiratory depression w large doses in combination w opiates + ??

Do people still believe in tapers 2021? Please prioritize reducing your risk of OD. Take less.

I'm guessing your prescription is written in such a way that the supply will be exhausted before the Rx can be renewed. What happens to you when you run out?

I'm concerned about the respiratory depression w large doses in combination w opiates + ??

Do people still believe in tapers 2021? Please prioritize reducing your risk of OD. Take less.
I'm sorry if that came out as sarcastic.
I've never known of a taper that could withstand the scrutiny of the addict brain