• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Question

Crowsonator2008

Bluelighter
I was wondering about combining a medium dose of dxm with about 3000mg of gabapentin.I want to try this because I have a extremely high tolerance to Gabapentin and I was wondering if dxm would lower my tolerance to gaba?Anyone have any experience with this combo?

I doubt DXM would lower tolerance to gabapentin as such, but the effects might be synergistic and amplify each other. I would be aiming at lower than normal doses of the two.

I've never combined them, but combined MXE and pregabalin numerous times... really mainly increased the goofiness and drunken feels and wiped out my memory almost completely. It is a slightly pointless combo imo.

2 options for ya solid ones.

1 do you take your gaba dose spaced out ? ( passed 900mg your body absorbs less and less) example, today i took 5500mg worth pentin, 900 initial dose, 300 every15-30min and it works MUCH better than a single high dose of it.

2. Switch to pregabalin, pentin has a low bio of 30% absorbed via gastrointestinal tract. Meanwhile Pregabalin(lyrica) is 100% readily absorbed and takes an hr to take effect.

I take both together often

It may not be the other drug, pentins got a way of having two waves i notice, first the small intestine where you feel the effects at different levels the small intestine (first) being lesser in effect then when it hits the large in 1-2hrs the drunkish state takes full hold.

So your solution may be be to take a tolerance break ( you will wd so youd need to still take some during the day about 300-600mg)
Or switch to my lovely pregabalin however it does not have the same effect profile as pentin such as a disabling drunkish state

2 options for ya solid ones.

1 do you take your gaba dose spaced out ? ( passed 900mg your body absorbs less and less) example, today i took 5500mg worth pentin, 900 initial dose, 300 every15-30min and it works MUCH better than a single high dose of it.

2. Switch to pregabalin, pentin has a low bio of 30% absorbed via gastrointestinal tract. Meanwhile Pregabalin(lyrica) is 100% readily absorbed and takes an hr to take effect.

I take both together often

It may not be the other drug, pentins got a way of having two waves i notice, first the small intestine where you feel the effects at different levels the small intestine (first) being lesser in effect then when it hits the large in 1-2hrs the drunkish state takes full hold.

So your solution may be be to take a tolerance break ( you will wd so youd need to still take some during the day about 300-600mg)
Or switch to my lovely pregabalin however it does not have the same effect profile as pentin such as a disabling drunkish state
I enjoy a drunken state, I'll try staggering the Dose and see what happens.I do see that thc seems to amplify pentin