• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

gabapentin + psychedelics/nmda antagonists?

Toz

Bluelighter
I just wanted to ask if anyone here is eating gabapentin or pregabalin for some reason and still tripping? I have tried it with extremely low doses of pcp and ketamine and found the effects to be altered in a not so fun way. However I'm mostly wondering about higher doses, can I still hole with ketamine? And does serotonergic psychdelics even work? I'm currently using 4800mg gabapentin daily divided in 4 doses and it feels like the gabaergic effects would just override all psychedelic effects and I might just get cramps and other side effects instead. I would appreciate some input before I waste my time.

Iv'e been prescribed gabapentin for around 3.5 years; I take 400mg 6x a day so 2400mgs a day. Iv'e had countless psychedelic and disassociate experiences since then and haven't really noticed much of a decline in my psychedelic experiences compared to before I went on in. Sometimes I may notice a slight decrease in mental effects if I take my gabbapentin at the same time I dose my psychedelic or during the peak in the same way an opiate would effect my trip. As far as dissociatives like ketamine, methoxetamine, and 4-meo-pcp; It's hard to really say since I didn't get into them until a bit after I started gabbapentin so I can't really compare it to how the high was before I started it.

I've used gabapentin at 2.4g or above many times with methoxetamine and DXM, usually with 2.5g of phenibut (which doesn't alter gaba too much, just enhances and extends it). I've never holed using the combo but never tried to. It's something I can only do every so often because of gabapentin's long lasting tolerance even after just a single large dose, but when I do it's just for the sake of a more euphoric, relaxed, and social night than I'd get out of the dissociatives alone. My one experience combining it with LSD made for interesting novelty, but gabapentin definitely blunted LSD's emotional effects.

I'd like to see how my dissociative experiences are without it but gabbapentin isn't really something I can go off of. I'm prescribed it for neurological pain, myclonic jerks, and insomnia; but I'm not sure how much it even helps. It could be that the only real benefit gabbapentin gives me is alievating my gabbapentin withdrawals. I tried to go off it once but jumped down too fast and my arms and legs were shaking uncontrollably. The fact I was also tapering my tramadol at the same time since my doctor replaced it with morphine and recently went of my clonazepam after being prescribed it at 2mgs a night for a year just made things worse.

I still have full on immersive experiences with dissociatives and hole. I usually try and lower or delay my dose when taking psychedelics and/or dissociatives.

Okay, well my post isn't totally on topic I guess... but it sorta is so I'll share my experience anyways. I had taken 1,200mgs of Gabapentin one day for kratom withdrawal (works wonders btw) and as night came me and my GF decided to head to the club. Well at the club I found out she had capped some of my 6-APB for us, 140mgs to be exact which was a pretty average dose for us. Anyways... I dosed and only remember coming up, from here on was a total blackout lol. My GF says I didn't do anything stupid and she didn't even know I was blacked out but I think the combo of Gabapentin and 6-APB was the culprit. I've never blacked out on just a monoamine releaser so to be safe I would advise against combining Gbp with releasers. I tried looking up the combo on the web and found a couple mentions of people having similar reactions to Gbp and MDMA so I would advise caution.

Okay, well my post isn't totally on topic I guess... but it sorta is so I'll share my experience anyways. I had taken 1,200mgs of Gabapentin one day for kratom withdrawal (works wonders btw) and as night came me and my GF decided to head to the club. Well at the club I found out she had capped some of my 6-APB for us, 140mgs to be exact which was a pretty average dose for us. Anyways... I dosed and only remember coming up, from here on was a total blackout lol. My GF says I didn't do anything stupid and she didn't even know I was blacked out but I think the combo of Gabapentin and 6-APB was the culprit. I've never blacked out on just a monoamine releaser so to be safe I would advise against combining Gbp with releasers. I tried looking up the combo on the web and found a couple mentions of people having similar reactions to Gbp and MDMA so I would advise caution.

Thanks for sharing, I usually do MDMA once a year so I will keep that in mind.

I'd like to see how my dissociative experiences are without it but gabbapentin isn't really something I can go off of. I'm prescribed it for neurological pain, myclonic jerks, and insomnia; but I'm not sure how much it even helps. It could be that the only real benefit gabbapentin gives me is alievating my gabbapentin withdrawals. I tried to go off it once but jumped down too fast and my arms and legs were shaking uncontrollably. The fact I was also tapering my tramadol at the same time since my doctor replaced it with morphine and recently went of my clonazepam after being prescribed it at 2mgs a night for a year just made things worse.

I still have full on immersive experiences with dissociatives and hole. I usually try and lower or delay my dose when taking psychedelics and/or dissociatives.

Do you also experience increased neuropathic pain when using psychedelics? (I do not know if they actually increase the pain or merely ups the awareness of that something is wrong with my nervous system)

Otherwise it seems like the combination is not going to be worthwhile unfortunately, a decrease in mental effects similar to benzos would take most of the fun out of it for me. Psychedelics increase my physical discomfort and pain so if I don't get the same mental high it would just be annoying and I would get nothing out of it. And I noticed it has practically ruined smoking weed too :(

I might try a combination of NMDA antagonist + psychedelic though for increased effects and less pain while tripping, it might make it much more enjoyable.

Last edited: